Rick Stetler - We Love To Hate Him

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Rick, but much prefer it when he's portayed realistically or sympathetically. There was also a scene in 'Pro Per' when he asked Horatio if he needed any help with the case. He genuinely cared. I also liked seeing him being compassionate with Eric, as he was doing his job in a positive, caring way.

When, as midnight mentioned, he's portrayed as the cartoon villain it becomes rather over the top and unconvincing. In seasons 2 and 3, he got under Horatio's skin in a niggly, but believable way. That was fine and very entertaining. I love it when those two lock horns. :devil:

...and who can resist the H/Stetler ship?! :D

Acck! That pic "Evil H Copycat" that's...that's....that's Horatio's pose! No one does it better than H!!! :mad: :lol:

That's very true, but there was something quite endearing about the impersonation! After all this time, Rick just wants to be more like Horatio. Aw. ;)

There's always something very attractive about being 'Evil', well being evil in a good way! :lol: Rick does it very well.

i can't complain that they have made rick into a cartoon villian, afterall, they did make H into a cartoon hero.

oh, but i love every ep with stetler! i think they should film an episode from his perspective.

yeah the lead character must have an enimy to get the story forward.. if you know what I mean... :)

Hate for not being promoted?...That's what always it is... :rolleyes:...To Rick, anyway not hate much...I think Horatio doesnt hate him much, Horatio just hasnt find a way to stop Rick hating him...

i can't complain that they have made rick into a cartoon villian, afterall, they did make H into a cartoon hero.

oh, but i love every ep with stetler! i think they should film an episode from his perspective.
I don't see Horatio as a cartoon hero. He has too many flaws for that. He's too human. I know people disagree with me on that point, but that's how I see it.

I would love an episode from Rick's perspective though. :)

I would love an episode from Rick's perspective though.
I agree, I would love to see that, I think he would pull it off, it would be a bonus to see more of him on screen, I don't think we see enough of him!

Big yay! We certainly seem to have seen more of him in Season 4. It still baffles me as to why he hasn't even mentioned Yelina. Is that just bad writing? Unless he knows that she's disappeared with Ray. We don't even know if he knows that Ray is alive. I really think this should be addressed.
Posted by Lucy: I don't see Horatio as a cartoon hero.
Neither do I. He is a flawed hero in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back