Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

The Da Vinci Code- love this movie. i've seen it so many times but after watching some Audrey Tautou movies where she's speaking French i wanted to hear her speak English. her accent in French is so thick and so fast that when she speaks English it is very heavily accent. she must have worked a lot with a language coach for this movie.

Doubt- can i just say that i am still mad at Kate Winslet for winning Best Actress last year over Meryl Streep? this is the first time i've seen this movie and Meryl Streep was so amazing. i love the way she gets absorbed in her characters. when i watch some of her movies she's the character i never see her as an actress playing a part. the story was very good and i like how it was never really clear what went and why Meryl Streep's character was so vindictive.

2. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i watched survival of the dead last night and it was really bad! the only reason i can think of george a. romero making this movie is because he was desperate for money.

this movie starts off 6 days after "night of the living dead" and then skips to three weeks after. it was so boring, there was no scary or suspenseful parts. it was pretty much "theres a zombie. shoot it. another one. shoot it." it was really disappointing because i liked dawn of the dead and land of the dead and hoped this would be like those. there were pretty much no sets and the makeup on the zombies looked cheap and basic compared to some of the other movies. its like they just slapped this movie together for the hell of it.

if you are a fan of zombie movies or george romero skip this one!

3. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Taken

I thought it would be an average movie. I have already seen too many "chasing movies ", and movies about prostitution. So I didn't expect this movie to be any good. More like any other movie in the same genre. But it was better than expected. The story was alright. I liked that it was a lack of too many "amazing" special effects all the time. It was also good acting. In general, a very good movie. Yet, I don't think I will ever watch 'Taken' again.

4. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

I hate Sci-Fi, but I absolutely LOVED this movie! the special effects were absolutely mind blowing, the CGI was the most realistic I've ever seen (they definitely deserved that oscar they won) I believe it's alot over-hyped, but I would give it 10/10. Amazing acting, incredibly original story, good conflict and great ending.

I'd have to think hard to find one single flaw. the 3 hours was well worth it!

The people I went with absolutely hated it, so it all depends on taste, but you can't go by the genre, because I really never thought I would enjoy a Sci-Fi flick.

kudos, James Camercon. Kudos.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS only Quentin Tarantino could pull this off. Pretty riveting from beginning till the end. It's about a Nazi-scalping squad of Americans led by Brad Pitt [he's fantastic] on a daring mssion to kill all the Nazi soilders they can, for killing the Jews:( and take down the Third Reich and Hitler all at the same time. The guy who won for best-supporting actor Christopher Waltz was amazing, so cunning and so evil:evil: and Diane Kruger as the spy who was working for the Ameicans but pretending to be with the Nazi's. It takes place in France, beautiful country side and the city in the 40's. Lots of sub-titling going on at the bottom of the screen, so if your not a fast reader, you might miss some of the dialogue. The guy who played Hitler was sort of a buffoon type and not really beliveable, but good too. I won't give away the ending for those who haven't seen it yet.~

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Did You Hear About The Morgans?- Watched this last night. Cute movie. I thought it was gonna be a flatout romantic comedy, but it wasn't. I'm not sure exactly how to categorize it. Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant star as the Morgans.
    They are separated, but upon one time they decide to go out and talk about their issues, they end up witnessing a murder and have to go into witness protection.

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Alice In Wonderland:

Only reason I watched this movie was because of Johnny Depp. The movie was lackluster, I feel like I could have taken a 30 minute bathroom and not miss a single thing. For this to be a film by Tim Burton I was shocked at how horrible it was. When will he realize that why yes he had some pretty big stars in the movie, other things should have been worked on. The only thing it had going for it was the color and well Johnny Depp. Helena Bonham Carter also gets on my nerves in anything and everything she does, the fact she's just basically handed a role because Tim Burton's dating her makes me want to hurl. She's not that good of an actress, creepy as a bag of spiders and probably doesn't have to audtion for any of the movies her boyfriend hands her. It should be based on how good of an actress you are, not who you sleep with to get a movie role!

8. GregNickRyanFan

How was the 3d? Was there more 3D in it than Avatar (cause there was too little in Avatar to suit me)?

9. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Night at the museum

I had seen Night at the Museum 2 earlier, and I loved it. It was a fantastic movie. So when I noticed that the first movie would be aired on tv, I decided to watch it. As I hadn't seen that one before. So I did. Well, pretty average. It wasn't really bad. It was just not what I expected it to be.

Night at the museum is the kind of movie that you enjoy while watching it. It may make you laugh or simply just smile a couple of times. A feel good-movie. But I will probably never watch it again. One time is more than enough, even if I don't regret watching it.

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK.

Alice in Wonderland: Cool to look at. Not necessarily as good as previous Burton films, but still reasonable entertaining. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter were pretty fun to watch.

Repo Men: Not bad, but definitely nothing special. It's a cool concept, but it sort of dragged in the middle. It was fun to watch Jude Law doing action again though.

Children of the Corn (80's version): Wow, this was bad even by 80's standards. I love all those cheesey movies, but this one was just worthless all around. I can't figure out why it has such a cult following.

The Beastmaster (80's film, not the TV series): Speaking of cheesey... :lol: And yet I still love this old 80's classic. It somehow manages not to take itself too seriously. Rip Torn and Marc Singer are cheesey goodness, and Tanya Roberts is... well, she's nice to look at I guess. :lol: Just a fun, barbarian-era adventure in good versus evil.

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

In Person: Ginger Rogers. the movie was pretty cute. i just read her autobiography and she said that she did not want to do this movie but RKO made her. knowing this i could kinda tell GR was not into making this film. she was funny in it espcially when she had on this silly disguise with big teeth and a horrible looking black wig.

Dirty Harry: awesome! i liked it from beginning to end. Clint Eastwood is not a good actor haha. the story wasn't too bad and the ending was ok.

Clash of the Titans (1980): yeah so i only sat through like the first hour of it lol. oh goodness it was bad lol. i just liked seeing a young Maggie Smith and Harry Hamlin and Burgess Meredith outside the role of Mick from "Rocky". the stop action with the monsters was awesomely bad! my 11 year old brother walked out of the room when he saw the graphics... spoiled little kid only knows CG images.

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Trust me the 3d sucked, I don't even see why they made us pay to see it in 3d when it had just a handful of scenes that were actually in 3d :rolleyes:

13. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for telling me... now I'll definitely wait for rental. :lol: And I have tons of pairs of 3d glasses made for home viewing (the ones that came with Journey to the Center of the Earth) for one that I can use for that. :lol: I'm hoping the new Clash of the Titans' 3D will be excellent. Since I can't have a real pegasus ( :lol: ), I want the pegasus scenes to be in 3d for sure. :D

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Truthfully, I could do without most of the 3D now, except for the animated films. I just saw How To Train Your Dragon, and it was still pretty cool in that. I'm mostly finding that I think I'd enjoy the movies just as much without the 3D and that sometimes the 3D is more distracting than entertaining...

How To Train Your Dragon was pretty cool by the way. Fun dialogue that was well written enough to amuse the adults, and enough goofy moments to entertain the kids too. I liked it! :)

15. GregNickRyanFan

Thing is, they never seem to put the movies in 3d that I most would like to see in 3d. For example, Jurassic Park would have been awesome in 3d. The T-rex's face being right in the viewers' faces and all of that. :lol: I could really care less about seeing blades of grass in 3d. That does nothing for me. :lol: The water droplets in Journey To The Center Of The Earth looked pretty cool in 3d though. But I didn't care about the spitting scene (didn't look, everytime I watch the movie, I turn my head or cover my eyes when that scene comes- I'm like Sara Sidle in that spit grosses me out lol).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.