RENT

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Athena, Feb 22, 2006.

1. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

aww...i love non-theater boys. they're so cute when you actually get them into something artsy.

and i have no idea where you could find it. i know they were selling it on tv, but it was kinda like those tv-order things.

i think your best bet would be a library. or the internet.

2. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

Do you have TiVo?

My friend hasn't seen RENT so I need to make sure he sees it.

3. iluvroadrunner

my friend, a musical buff like myself, hasn't seen RENT either. so we're planning a day sometime this summer where he is going to watch RENT, and he's going to bring Robin Hood: Men in Tights, for me to watch because i've never seen it.

and i know already he'll love it. he just has to watch it and find that out for himself.

4. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

I dont think anyone could watch RENT and dislike it. They may not be like us... but it is impossible to hate something that sweet and deep.

5. iluvroadrunner

no, i've met people who hate RENT just on principle...but then again, me and my other RENT-head friends constantly singing the songs before she even saw the movie didn't help matters much either.

6. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

One of my guy friends watched it and um, how can I put this? Had an attraction to Angel. Yeeeeeeeeeeah.....

He was pretty embarassed, especially since he's like, Mr.Straight and narrow.

But this other guy is really non-theatre, the closest he gets is when he does lights for my plays and I rule him with the iron fist of a pissed-off 17-year-old girl.

I think he's only consenting to watch because A) He loved the Wicked song so much that now he has to see if all shows are that good and B) because he is physically afraid of me.

Hey, both are good reasons to see RENT, ;)

7. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

that had me laughing for like a whole minute :lol:. I can just picture something like you showing him a still of Angel in drag:

Him: wow she's hot!
    You: yes the actor who plays her is really nice.
    Him: Don't you mean actress?
    You: No.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't see a Mr. Straight and Narrow guy admitting to liking Angel. Or could you just tell?

8. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Well, it was REALLY FUNNY for me, because I'd been digging at him to watch it for a while.

We were on my couch and when Angel was doing the dance in Today 4 U I could see him watching Angel really intently, and then finally during Life Support, when the wig came off, I think he almost choked on his drink.

When that happened I turned to him and said:

me: Um, careful there.
    him: (not even hearing me) BUT THAT'S A CHICK!
    me: Um. No.
    him: WHAT?
    me: Remember the guy who was drumming on the street??? Did you not make the connection when the drag queen started drumming???
    him: COLLINS IS GAY?
    me: *eye roll* Just watch the movie. And maybe pay attention. (under my breath) to stuff other then Angel's legs.
    him: What was that you said?
    me: you heard me.
    him: of course I heard you!
    me: then why did you ask?
    him: I'm STRAIGHT!

All in all, it was quite a fabulous experience. I think he;d pay me not to tell all our other friends.

<edit> Um, OKAY. I just watched La Vie Boheme, and when they're all going around the table at the beginning, after Collins spins, this guy behind puts him arm around him. It looks pretty affectionate to me!!!! Am I just seeing things???

9. iluvroadrunner

it's bohemia. everyone loves everyone. don't think too much into it, i don't think collins is cheating on his angel if that's what you mean.

and your poor friend... :D i should start forcing straight boys to watch RENT. that would be a fun expierence.

well, for me anyway.

10. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I wasn't trying to imply cheating, it just struck me as funny lol.

And yes, straight boys watching RENT is hilarious!!!

11. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

things that improve watching RENT, watching straight boy watch RENT.

yay my daddy rented RENT so I am going to watch it tonight with my little sister, she hasn't seen it yet.

12. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

WOOT!!!

Straight boys watching RENT is honestly so much fun. It's fun seeing them freak.

I hope your sister likes it!!!

13. iluvroadrunner

i've watched it with my brother, but he's a drama boy, so he doesn't count.

although 'the producers' royally freaked him out. it was kinda funny.

14. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG MY LYFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RENT IS COMING BACK TO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the minor explosion... RENT is coming to Kitchener, Waterloo, and I'm probably going!!!!

A good part of the rent_canada livejournal comunity is going to try and rush together for the front rows, :D :D

15. 915

915 CSI Level One

:p Lucky you. I've been trying to covince my mom to take me to a showing of it. I don't care where it is I just want to go, but my mom wouldn't go over 500 miles for anything.