RENT

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Athena, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

I love Le Mis too. Unfortunately I live way out in nowhereville and I can never seem to get tickets to anything when it comes on tour. I have the broadway version of Rent script and soundtrack same with Wicked! (I just got the script yesterday I am so excited) so I can peice the story together but it isn't the same. I have had the Rent script for some 5+ years now so when I found out they were making a movie last year I almost died because I was actualy going to get to see it.

2. nix586141

nix586141 Hit and Run

you have the rent and wicked SCRIPTS?! woah howd you get that? im jealous! there was this giant rent book thing at barnes and nobles that i wanted but it was something like $50 and didnt have the cash on me at that time haha :)have you read Anthony Rapps book, Without You? its actually very well written and a great read.

les mis is absolutely incredible. it has a special place in my heart becuase it was the first sort of theatre that i saw. actually i saw it first when i was 4 when i saw the dream case of it for the 10th year anniversary on tv. my parents ended up ordering it and i use to watch it EVERY SINGLE day after i got home from school :) its safe to say i was a broadway junkie even when i was little haha its definately a must see.

~nix

3. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

Connections. Anyways yeah I have the Rent book (I got it for Yom Kippur one year to stop me from remembering I hadn't eaten anything all day), it is really awesome. I also have Anthony's book and I love it, I haven't gotten a chance to finish it yet because I am seriously supposed to be doing my assigned reading. I had resolved to only read it after I got all my assigned books out of th eway but I am already half way through Without You and only 1/3 of the way through the books I need to read by the end of the summer :eek: :lol:.

4. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I bought Without You the other day and I finished it by the next day.

It's so gooood!!!

Does anyone else here belong to any RENT livejournal communities?

5. nix586141

nix586141 Hit and Run

livejournal? no but xanga, yes :) haha

i did the same thing as you. i litterally couldnt put that book down. though it was actually really sad- i really didnt know what to expect from it but i LOVED it!

ps: madgeorge i love how your location is center stage :)

~nix

6. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

I am super picky with books, I will read practically anything but there are few books that I absolutely love. When I find a book that is so great I never want to put it down I find that I should because it should last a while. Like when the 6th Harry Potter book came out I was able to make it last a whole 48 hours, I actually had my dad lock it in the safe a few times so I couldn't get to it. I am trying my hardest not to read it in a hurry.

I knew it would be sad what with it covering not only Jonathan Larson's death but also his mother's (which I haven't gotten to yet). At the same time however I find myself laughing a lot also, like how everytime he talks about a new boyfriend he is sure that this is the One :lol:.

7. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Of course, dahling. It's where I belong!

8. nix586141

nix586141 Hit and Run

haha i agree. his new boyfreinds were highlights in my opinion haha :) ...i still cant believe you have the scripts though! haha i cant get over that! i already posted this is the csi brush with fame forum, but i got to meet micheal cerveris (whos sweeney todd in sweeney todd) and donna murphy (who wass in something a while back...) but the scripts are the real deal!

im just a speedy reader in general though. i breeze through books when i like them, which is a problem in school, becuase i cant do the assignments and be forced to read 2 or 3 chapters at a time...i have to either read it all at once, or if i dont like it, i simply wont read it.

~nix

9. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

Me on books:

I pic up the book on my own (100 pages lets say): Finish in an hour more or less.
    It is assigned for school (also 100 pages lets say): Finish in a week or so. Even if th ebook isn't that bad.

My house has a huge number of books and I read in a bunch of different places so the problem with putting books down is I never remember where I was reading them, it usually takes me 30 min just to find the book I want.

I just love having the scripts because with the soundtracks you can't fully get the plot. For example with Rent you sorta got that something was wrong with Angel in the Ill Cover You Reprise but you don't find out she is dead until later. The scripts really help with the plots. Once again though the Wicked! is just distracting me from the Dissposseseessd (I got bored of remembering how many ss and ees there were).

10. nix586141

nix586141 Hit and Run

yeah, i dont own any REAL scripts, like ones from big broadway musicals and etc, but i love reading my old ones from school musicals! yes im such a dork...oh well...

and i love the uh... "dissposseseessd" haha

~nix

11. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

if it had been any good I would have bothered ot spell it right. it was terrible.

to get this topic going again, howzabout a poll?