RENT

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Athena, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

OOOhh me too. I would be broke..lol but i think you can still buy Mark's scarf in the online store of RENT. Not realy sure tho.

Im going to New York this summer, so i hope I can get some cheap tickets to see the show.

2. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Rent, came to my city March but I wasn't able to go *mummbles* stupid dad. lol. *sighs* Oh well i'm perfectly happy with the movie.

3. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

me too, :)

Nat, camp out for the $20 front row seats!!! I'll do it with you, lol!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

*me being from europe going ballistics here...* There are 20 dollar front row tickets for a musical on broadway????? How can you get those? and I thought the 40 dollar tickets I got for Beauty and the Beast on my last visit were cheap..

5. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

RENT is special. Joanthan Larson lived in relative poverty, just like the characters in RENT, in fact, thier living conditions are based on some of those he lived in.

Every night, the first two rows are reserved for people who buy the $20 lottery seats. Jonathan made it that way so that people who lived like him, without much money, could still see the show.

If you get to the theatre super-early, like, SUPER early, you can get front row or second row seats for THAT NIGHT for $20. It's a RENT tradition.

I personally plan on camping out for some at some point in the future.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Oohh thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind for as soon as a plan my trip.

7. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

No problem. A lot of shows have adopted a lottery policy now, actually. Wicked does it too. I'll be going down almost every night when it comes to town.

<edit>OH.MY.EFFING.GOD

RENT. My Town. NEXT WEEK. TICKETS.STILL.On.SALE!!!

I'm begging my parents to let me go!!! If they dont there will be hell to pay. HELL.

8. speedmonkey2

Just thought I'd bump up this thread for my fellow Rentheads!!! And I've seen this movie 6 times in the past 3days. And as soon as the movie I'm watching now is over with I'm putting it in! I just love Benny especially when Roger and Mark tell him that Maureen is dating a lawyer named Joanne and he hits the side of the building and laughs. I love that part! And angel...*sighs* Don't even get me started.

9. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

WOOT WOOT!!!

Yay for RENT!!!

I saw it shortly after my last post here, LIVE, and OMG. Afterwards I was crying so much, and the guy who played Mark kissed me and wiped my tears with the MARK SCARF!!!! WOOT!!!

The happiness was immeasureable.

10. speedmonkey2

You lucky duck! That's so not fair! EVerytime I watch Law and Order now I expect Jesse to just burst out into song. lol.

11. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I wish. My life would totally rock if Jesse burst into Santa-Fe-like song and dance while standing over a body or something.

I just watched RENT with a friend, a friend who had never seen it. She really liked it. :)

12. keich

keich CSI Level One

Just watched the movie, and man oh man, did I love it. The soundtrack rocks! The first song's stuck in my head!!

And I had no idea Taye Diggs could sing.

13. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

I want Rosario's children.

14. speedmonkey2

hahahaha, Oh Tuesday. lol.

Yeah, I brought my friend home from school one day to watch it and when Mimi was dancing and signing Out Tonight she was like ".....whoa." because she's all like very churchy and doesn't beleive in showing her body like that or whatever. But then she was like "I like that song." and then at school the day she was like "I hate you." and I was like "Why?" and she was like "because I have seasons of love stuck in my head!"

I swear this is one of 5 movies I can never get tired of!

15. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

if that ever happened, i would die happy.

love jesse martin. love love love him. collins and angel are my favorite couple.

because they're just kickass. and so is maureen and...

hi! my name's emily, and i'm a RENThead.