Poll Thread 2 - Which One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll be the minority here who don't really give a heck about world cup. But then I realized from an earlier match today that I can get excited over a match when the right crowd is present. If I'm alone, I wouldn't watch it.

God, NO!! I absolutely hate (with a passion) any type of football! After doing about third world countries making footballs and how much they earn compared to footballers and all things like that, I have hated it... (I could go on but don't want to bore you all)

Hell YEAH! It's the one thing I always look forward to during the years when there's no EC or WC.. I just love that international tension of competition :) I've always loved watching it and I'm always spending money in polls.. funnily several WCs ago, my dad's company had a poll and we had to fill in all the scores and such.. and it's a real man-company.. the first two would get a sum of money.. I ended third with two women above me at no 1 and no 2 :D

I can't help it, but I just always have to wear something orange when the WC or EC is on.. today I'm wearing orange baggy shorts :p

i dont care one bit. although soccer probably ranks higher than hockey on my radar. the only televised sports ill watch without being forced are show jumping and horse racing :lol:

I don't watch many sports at all, and most of those I do aren't really traditional- gymnastics, figure skating, etc.

It's football, not soccer. Even Anthony LaPaglia says so ;)

I think that they could play bit...faster... I mean, no so many days between games. FFS, it's a MONTH what they play :rolleyes:

Jayne..speaking of orange.... I was so excited when I went to bigger store and of course there was WC stuff.
There was t-shirt for England, Brazil, Argentina, Finland, Espana, France, Germany - but was there Holland? No. I wanted to cry. Those were really cool looking shirts. There would have been this Holland set but it was more like football shirt and shorts :rolleyes:

DaWacko said:
It's football, not soccer. Even Anthony LaPaglia says so ;)
I'm Australian, it's soccer :p...i think Anthony LaPaglia has lived in America a bit too long :lol: we have so many different types of football, it gets confusing at times, so it's soccer over here...

but anyway, nah, no World Cup for me...I just really don't care, I didn't watch the socceroos match, but i tried to watch last nights game Togo vs S. Korea, but I got so tired after 20 minutes that I just gave up and went to bed...

but if Australia win, yay! if they don't, oh well...

No, it's not that I don't care it's just that I would rtehr follow Baseball because nobody follows soccer here so there would be nobody to talk to. And I find football a bit dull, american and what we call soccer.

needmorecsi said:
Nope not watching, I couldn't care less about sports.

Didn't you just say here earlier that you are really athletic? If you couldn't care less... then you probably would just stay inside and avoid moving.

IT*S NOT GODDAMN SOCCER! Even with the languages

German: Fussball
Swedish: Fotboll
Norwegian: Fotball
Finnish: Jalkapallo (foot ball)

See? Besides...remember who moderates here :p

Heh.. alright.. considering the Dutch word 'voetbal' translated would be: football.. uhm.. you might be right.. still I'm stubborn enough to call it soccer :p

Hell I live in Canada and I call it football. Calling it soccer is basically offending the people who invented the beautiful sport.

Anyway, to answer the question of the poll my answer is yes! Even though Greece didn't qualify I've spent many sleepless nights & days watching the glorious tourney. Only 7 hours left till Spain takes on Ukraine :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back