Peyton: should she stay or should she go?

Finally, judging by the ratings, I think CSI NY will be around for awhile, plenty of time yet for SMacked to happen, yes?

Exactly hahahahahaha! With Peyton in the picture, makes for great angst and tension anyway.

After tonight's episode I decided I'd like her to go. She doesn't have any qualities that make her stand out. Also, if she's not in the lab she's with Mac. Plus, I don't see her making an effort to get along with any besides Mac. The way she treated Stella tonight, someone with so much seniority, shocked me. She could've been more polite & I did sense a tone of bitterness & snideness in her voice. If I worked on the same job for years I'd hate to have a newbie act like that. Basically, she's done nothing to make me like her. She doesn't stand out & when she's on screen she doesn't add any dynamics to the scenes. Hammerback is the only ME we need.

Well, I guess last night's episode decided that great debate. I don't think we'll be seeing too much more of her.

I am definitely one of those people who were completely indifferent to her. Cheers for Mac finally getting laid in canon, but she was always so much in the background and didn't add a whole lot to the episodes outside of her scenes with Mac...

I agree with J.F..

Over at the SMACked thread, I've read a lot on the latest eppy and how Peyton and Mac 'broke up' (supposedly). The TPTB are just too convenient to write that Stella walks by when that moment happens -- what a way to break the tension between the two of them.

It's true that Peyton isn't at all a part of the team. Sid blended in so well off the bat. Peyton on the other hand, is more of an outsider than a resident ME. The Asian ME, Evan (I think his name was) had a better relationship with the team than her. (Not to mention more episodes lol).

Going back, I felt that Mac is just not into their 'relationship'. He seemed distant and distracted from her.

I am kind of fifty-fifty on this subject. On one hand, I like the acting Claire brings, that it is different from the others. They should have introduced her a different way, that might have changed a few people's views on her, but not many. I love the character of her, she has a spark that works with the rest of the team.

On the other hand, I don't think that there is much of a need for her. We have an ME. It is more realistic to make a lab have to MEs, because most labs have two or three, but they didn't need to add her. And if this thing between her and Mac spins out of control so it adds a lot of drama, I wouldn't mind her telling Mac that she couldn't work with him any more and switching shifts.

I'm willing to give her a few more episodes just to see how the after effects of Raising Shane go, because right now I'm not sure what I want to be done with her.

lol i've been thinking how to post here and to stay consistent... :p

first-frankly I didn't like her even when it was still a rumor... and then when I saw the eppy I didn't like her one bit....but she sorta grew on me but not enough to make me ship her... i may like her a bit but it doesn't mean i like her with Mac... maybe it's my shippy heart talking but I don't think she has enough 'connection' with mac yet...

in short i sorta like-dislike her... :p confusing I know...

she's a nice character... i admit i got sad when she left (what? if my bf said that to me id be hurt too) way too messy to end a character's scene...

^Yeah, when the first caps came out, I was like, "There is no way that I'm warming up to her." Mainly because I'm a SMacker and towards the end of S2, it was pretty well-established that they have something going on between them. Totally no indication of an existing relationship on both sides.

But now that Mac and Peyton have broken up, I feel that TPTB could've written about her more or they could've written bigger parts for her. It's always tense when she's on-board but it's like she just passed by... nothing special.

I really like her character. She was kind of forced down our throats, but I've really liked her scenes with Mac... especially the vending machine one.

I like her a lot, too. I hope we haven't seen the last of her, because I liked the warmth she brought out in Mac. And I love Claire Forlani--she's a great actress.

Well, it's been well established that Peyton isn't coming back. Mac calling her Claire was the clincher, I think. I did like Peyton's character, though. She was intelligent and feisty, and she definitely brought out Mac's softer side.

Actually,

She's listed as being in episode 12, which is the next one, according to spoilers we've already seen. So I don't think it's safe to say she's gone for good.

Just thought I'd mention that. :)

I like her as a character but not with Mac. So she can stay as long as Mac's not with her. She's a great addition to the show.. so I say keep her.

^ i agree with that rad...
so Peyton's coming back? So.. what'll happen now? boy I sense a lot of tension in the lab if that happens... *shrugs* i don't mind... this might be interesting...

I went through the spoiler thread and found this mention of Peyton in episode 12: "There appears to be some tension between Mac and Peyton."...and that's it. :lol: So that doesn't tell us much.

I'm interested to see whether she sticks around or not, I haven't completely decided if I like her or not. I don't dislike her, but I wouldn't be terribly sad if she was gone...

Back