Paul/Brass: I Got a Coupon #2

Re: Paul/Brass #2

I wonder if they'll ever show war flashbacks with Brass like they did with Mac at the end of NY's last season. I think it'd be kinda cool and it'd tell a bit about the char; it definately did with Mac.

*still wants those two to have a talk...same re Brass and Don Flack. Snarkfest! lol*

The two seconds he was in the eppy last night were angsty. His face look positively tortured standing on the stairs looking at Cath and Lindsey.

I wonder if he was thinking about Ellie when that happened.

Wouldn't surprise me. I wonder what happened (in the writers' minds) between him and Ellie after he woke up.

I'm new to the board, but chalk up another Brass-Junkie!

I love this actor and want to view more of his work.
He is married, right? and has one daughter?

Welcome Brassy! It's always great to meet another Paul/Brass fan.

Yup, PG's married and has a daughter who's about 6 now.

I'd love to hear more about Brass' relationship with Ellie. I'd be particularly interested if she came back again, but considering her character, it's not likely.

And I just have to say that I love watching movies and having Paul pop up in them. It's so great :)

It might be time for a viewing of The Negotiator tomorrow night. I have to say the Cotton Eyed Joe scene is one of my favourites ever.

Oooh, I love the way PG looks in The Negotiator, especially in the bar scene. He's just as cute as he can be. But I hate what happens to his character and to be honest, I've never watched all the movie. I sort of stop at a certain point.

I know what you're talking about beaujolais. Although I have watched the whole movie. It's really quite good and if you ever have a chance to watch it again, watch it in it's entirety. You'll be quite surprised about Paul's character. I happen to own a copy of it and both me and my grandpa love the movie.

So, could you:

1. Name the top three PG movies I should watch? (I'm not all that fond of cursing or violence)
2. What roles is he in the longest (any lead characters?) and how long is he in "Mrs. Doubtfire"?

Lessee... if you're more into romance, of those that I've seen, I'd say "A Couch In New York" (nice boxer-shorts/short-sleeved T-shirt scene), "September" (romantic role) and... huh... that's all I can think of. I think I'm going to have to make a little list of Paul's films that I should rent (and screencap).

If you want to avoid violence, avoid "Little Odessa" and "Session 9" at all costs, really, they're both very nasty movies in that sense.

I haven't had a chance to catch Mrs Doubtfire again to check it out, but I remember watching it over and over and never noticed Paul or his role (okay, I saw it over 10 years ago and way before I was actually looking out for him, so that doesn't help ;) )

As for how long Paul is in the movies - I haven't found one where he has a lead role, ever. I have a sneaking suspicion he's always in second roles, but I'd love someone to correct me if I missed something. :D

Brassy, check out a movie called "A Question of Faith". He plays a monk so there's no cursing or violence and he's in the movie probably more than any of his others.

I also liked him in "Path to Paradise" which is about the '93 World Trade Center bombing. He's in the movie quite a bit (well, comparatively speaking) and his character is very much like an early version of Brass: same snarkiness.

You can also check out "Company Man", "Primary Colors" and "Live from Baghdad". All three had quite a bit of Paul, although in LfB he's wearing some hideous glasses.

Yeah, "A Question of Faith" he's in a ton. "Air Force One" has violence, but it's one of his best films I think mainly because of his acting at the beginning which has zero violence.
I haven't seen "A Couch in New York", but will catch the famous boxer scene one of these days. "September", even though he may be in it, I don't think I could ever watch, as I was made to read the book for some reason--and it was awful.

Oooh, I forgot all about "Air Force One"! I liked that movie even before I even knew who Paul was. And you have to see "September" if only because Paul makes kissy face with Mariel Hemingway. I understand there's a Lifetime movie he did called "Those Secrets" that mostly sucked but Paul had a "hot" scene in.

Also forgot to mention "Billy Galvin". No cussing, no violence and studly Paul in jeans. I cannot emphasize how good he looks in jeans. Oh, he's got long, blondish hair too.

Back