Paul/Brass: I Got a Coupon #2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by brassfan24, May 4, 2006.

1. Meg

Meg Victim

Re: Paul/Brass #2

Did anyone identify what he's wearing around his neck? Looks like a pendant, and to me it looks a lot like a bullet. Of course, the pic I've seen is tiny...

Oh, did he look hot. :D I'm just peeved they didn't put in the shots that were used in the John Meyer clip, that were a bit closer still.

And the quip about not voting for the sheriff, classic. :lol:

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I have to admit he did look hot...although I thought he was in like his early 60s until tne nurse said mid 50s. I wonder if he's older or younger than Gris...*shrug*.

3. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Couldn't get a clear view of it but whatever it is, it's PG's and not something special to Brass. There were some paintings that PG's brother in law did of him last year and PG is wearing that same pendant-thing. Not very clear there either.

Early 60's? Erm, sorry but I don't get that one.

4. MacsGirlMel

*shrug* I just thought he was older that's all.

5. cathytaffy

cathytaffy Civilian

I loved Thursday show! Paul was great! He had a lot of good scences. He was very tough,funny,senative and sexy. Brass is not dealing with being shot very well. He feels he didn't do his job right. Don't forget a year ago he shot and killed a fellow officer. That's on his mind too. Maybe he not dealing with that very well either. I do think he needs a "love" in his life. I hope they but him with Sophia. I love PG he is such a great actor. From reading your topics and repies there are a few movies I need to rent. I love character actor they make everyone else look good. Way to go Paul!

6. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

brass was great in the ep. the way he reacted to warrick visiting his office, how sensitive he is, and the tatoo scene were incredibly touching

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I just saw a clip of those scenes and I love Brass even more. He's just so great. I would have liked a scene with Sofia though!

8. sfCSI

sfCSI Hit and Run

If they do give him a love interest, I doubt it will be Sofia as they already have a supervisor/subordinate relationship going.
    I like the idea of a love interest for him that's subtle. For example, she wouldn't have to even be in the show (though that would be *nice*) even if they just alluded to her or had him "on the phone" (wink wink) to her.

9. beaujolais

Hmm, you wouldn't be alluding to that "soft" voice he was using on the phone when Warrick came into his office, now would you?

I have to say that if I'd been a nurse/orderly/whatever at the hospital, he'd have been one clean patient because I'd be giving him frequent sponge baths. Maybe he charmed one of the ladies there and they followed him home. I'd really like to know who cared for him while he recovered. Maybe Annie made a trip to Vegas and stuck around?

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i saw the raining fish in honduras scene today (it was either in high and low or after the show, i saw them both one after the other) LMAO :lol:
    when was brass in honduras?
    and how old is he by the way- brass, not paul specifically.

11. Meg

Meg Victim

Brass is 53 years old. They put his birthdate on Jan 3 1953 (from the video game, it's pretty much canon). Paul was apparently born in 1949.

And I too would very much like to know what he was doing in Honduras, and when that was. But as he never talks about it again, all we can do is speculate and write fanfic.

Oh, did anyone notice the discrepancy? Brass mentions he's been on the field for 22 years in Season 1. In BtK, 7 years later, he says he's been doing police work for 23 years. Oops. (unless you count some time in the marines as "in the field?)

And yes, I noticed that "soft" voice too, beaujolais. I thought it might be Ellie, but Annie would be a nice alternative. :)

(edited because I thought I got the date wrong, and in fact it was a fansite that had the conflicting data - the Brass data from the video game, apparently the CBS press release had his birth year as 1951)

12. MacsGirlMel

I had to laugh because I was scanning listings and there's an an ESPN show with someone else with the last name Guilfoyle...they probably aren't related but I did briefly wonder.

btw...was googling, er, Yahooing...do they show the celeb hockey thing on ESPN or anything ever? I might check it out to watch him play.

13. beaujolais

Well, maybe it had something to do with the Marines or since he apparently worked Vice in NJ, perhaps he was in Honduras for something drug related. Then again, maybe he just went on holiday to the island of Roatan and did some diving.

Yeah, I caught that bit about being a cop for 23 years. I also noticed how in WTG they said he was 55 years old but since it was an EMT who said it, I put it down to them doing a guestimate. I mean, who there would have really known exactly how old he was? I doubt Warrick would have. Guys don't generally keep up with stuff like that.

And Mel23, the only hockey game PG's been in that's been televised was The Apprentice finale back in May however, I think someone said that a while back OLN showed one of the celebrity games he played in--the Microsoft Challenge maybe. That's in March and PG plays every year.

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

in what episode did it say that he was in the marines?

15. beaujolais

Brass said he was a Marine in "Still Life". The grandfather asked if Brass was in the service. Brass replied "yes sir, Marine Corps".

However, even before that, in "Room Service" Brass implied that he might have been drafted and spent time in SE Asia (Vietnam or Cambodia possibly) so it was nice to see come continuity.