"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I'll try to refrain from political commentary since there's probably at least a few Republicans on this board, and will just say that over 90% of DC feels the same way and can't wait to get him out of our city. As for postspeech analysis, CBS could, hypothetically, delegate that to other channels (MSNBC, CNN, et al). I mean, how much will there really be to say, assuming he sticks with Cheney's 'this was a wonderful and prosperous 8 years' spiel? IMO, all Reid, Pelosi and commentators have to do is laugh...

Anyways, I agree that CBS pretty much has to show CSI, even if it's at a different time. If anything, I'd think it would make sense for CBS to run Bush's speech, rather than CSI, at a different time because that way people who missed the first airing of Bush's speech could still watch it.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*Walks in, looks at the topic name, looks around* Hmm did I just enter the episode discussion with a side note, or did I enter the political thread which if I did I am in the wrong forum. :confused: *Looks around again * Nope I am in the ep discussion forum see it says right here on the door "One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS* so then how about we discuss that and leave what damage Bush has done in the lives of folks in the proper forum/thread. The side note of a delay is fine. *Walks out*

3. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I would love to see Grissom give Nick the book that was used to determine which type of ant was in the box in Grave Danger. I doubt it would happen but it would be a nice gesture.

4. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

That would be a funny scene. Grissom giving stuff out to the team, and he gives that book to Nick saying "And here's the book that I used to find out what kind of ants were eating you three years ago!" I could just see Nick's face...:lol:

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Thanks for the new clip jtd94. It was nice seeing more of what Greg says but I wonder how Grissom is going to react to Greg saying. "You changed my life" because he looked a bit confused, but then Grissom never has had a very good understanding of people. Maybe is is shocked that he affected people the way he did.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  6. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

F

I know I'm quoting myself but I was right! Finally! This is from ET:

"We didn't feel it was right to give just one character the power of Grissom's office, so we broke it up," co-executive producer Louis Milito explains.
    "Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger) was the next one in line and she graciously declined because she is very happy in her office. So Nick Stokes (George Eads) was next in line," says Wallace Langham, who plays David Hodge. "He decided to divvy it up with Riley Adams (Lauren Lee Smith) and Greg Sanders (Eric Szmanda)."
    That said, Milito says that Catherine's office was expanded about 10 feet to accommodate the cameras, because more scenes are being filmed there now that she is in charge of the night CSI team.
    And where is Dr. Langston's office? "He has been put into a small space -- a closet-y space -- in the autopsy area. He feels comfortable in that world and Dr. Robbins (Robert David Hall) offered him the space. When the time is right, he will move into an office," Milito adds.

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*We interrupt your topic discussion to say*

Okay as stated by many members, as well as CSIFiles, The Futon Critic, and CBS Press Express the csi ep will be delayed by 15 mins.

Repeat of "19 down" will be shown 8:15-9:15 PM (ET)
    New Ep of "One To Go" will be shown 9:15-10:15 PM (ET)

I have made an addition to the main post of this thread to so as not to confuse people, the time and also a link in the links section. I am only bringing this up so that those who were unsure of the time frame this is what all three are saying that I have checked out. I know there will be more sites.

*We now return you to your regular topic discussion*

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Aww so Catherine's not going to take over Grissom's office. That's fine. I like her current office a lot. It's interesting that they're dividing Grissom's old office, though. Now that everyone's got their own space, I wonder if we're going to see even less group scene. And lol it seems they're expanding Catherine's office like they did Grissom's several years back. :D

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I wonder how it'll be done with three in one office. Will they each get their own desk or share Girssom's old one? I hope they know how to organize cause you lose papers and things if you aren't.

11. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

I'm so glad they're splitting the office!

My assumption had always been that Catherine would get his office, which was fine, but completely predictable. I love that Catherine wants to keep her own office and I LOVE the idea of Nick/Greg/Reily sharing Grissom's old office.
    That just seems fitting to me.

Also, Langston having a cupboard office by the autopsy rooms is entertains me.
    I like it.

One day.

12. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

This all makes complete sense. I can see Catherine not wanting Grissom's office and I can see Nick being all democratic about it and going the sharing route. He's the ultimate team player.

As for Langston having a cubby down near the morgue, that makes perfect sense too.

Wow, tptb actually got it right!! :lol:

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

This is an unexpected turn of events. But I am all for it. (thought part of me wishes it was just Nick and Greg sharing the office, since they are both level 3's and Riley is still a lvl 2)

another spoiler scene :

There’s a wonderful scene - actually, one of several these past few months - where an earnest and impossibly nerdy Greg Sanders (Eric Szmanda) tells Langston about how the CSI team determined that only a certain type of moss grows on the north shore of Lake Mead. “This is what we live for,” Sanders gushes. Pan to Grisson, who winces ever so slightly.

*source popmatters.com*

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I sense a comedic scenes coming from the shared office..so we might have sitcom built into a drama procedural!:lol:

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse