NY Forum Trip To LA #2

^ Fluoresent lighting sucks all the way around. I look at myself in the mirror, cry, and then go buy more makeup for my pasty ass white skin, most would call 'porcelan'.

Fay, have you gone to Lane Bryant? I have a friend who shops there and really likes their clothing. of course, they can be pricey. But, they make more attractive, stylish clothing items for bigger women that look really nice.

as for the tits, I have DD's so the cleavage is just there in all of its glory.

A hearty welcome to this Leafman character who appears to have fallen from the branch of a tree. Or a bush. :eek:

Ooo, so we shall have three men joining us for the meet! :devil: I hope you boys can handle over two dozen insane fangirls. :lol:

And wait.

Did someone say JUICY COUTURE? :eek:

OMG, I reallyreallyreallyreally want this babydoll dress of theirs! And it's on sale at Nordstroms! :eek: We are going there, right, right?

Kimmy, my roommate used to work at Nordstroms at the Grove! We'll definitely be making a pit stop there.

Ladies who aren't into clothes shopping, fear not! There is a huge Barnes & Noble at the Grove. I like clothes shopping alright, but I love shopping for books. And when I say love I really mean LOVE. So yeah, anyone who's not into clothes can join my lovefest at B&N. :D

jkladis said:
A hearty welcome to this Leafman character who appears to have fallen from the branch of a tree. Or a bush. :eek:

jkladis appears!!!! :D And still staking his claim on Carmine's bushes. ;) :devil: He'll definitely be down for clothes shopping. ;) :devil:

Top41 said:
Ladies who aren't into clothes shopping, fear not! There is a huge Barnes & Noble at the Grove. I like clothes shopping alright, but I love shopping for books. And when I say love I really mean LOVE. So yeah, anyone who's not into clothes can join my lovefest at B&N. :D

What about people who love both? :lol:

jkladis appears!!!! :D And still staking his claim on Carmine's bushes. ;) :devil:

Please tell me you meant the bushes in his ... backyard.

:devil: :lol:

Lane Bryant is your friend. That is a big part of my retail therapy downfall, but dammit I want clothes that will cover my boobs and still make me look cute. And there is no such thing as elastic-waist pants at that store, my friend. You should check them out. I lurve them.

ETA: If anyone is still looking for a roommate for the trip, please let me know!

ThumpyG said:
last summer we made a trip to Neimans for a 'specific' Juicy t-shirt while we were in Beverly Hills. Deb does have retail therapy issues, esp with Juicy Couture items. :lol:
Dude, it wasn't just any Juicy t-shirt. :rolleyes: While I was spending 9 weeks in LA, the Juicy designers thoughtfully created a "Juicy Angeles" t-shirt in my honor. Therefore, when Fred Segal lacked forethought in their ordering and sold out of it in like a week, I had to go on a mission for the damn shirt. I'm sure you'll all sleep better at night knowing that although Neiman's also let me down, I did manage to score one before leaving LA. :lol: ... And yes, I do realize I could have bought it anywhere that carries Juicy once I got home, but it's just not as much fun to buy an LA t-shirt in Sacramento.

Camelot - Glad you like the itinerary. Thanks. Looking forward to meeting you.

Springmoon - CSI_in_training is still looking for a roomie.

Lane Bryant doesn't impress me. Their prices are even less impressive.

Yes, I'm the type of person who hates spending a lot of money on a damn shirt. :lol:

Joanne, you sure did wait until the last minute, darling. :p (By the way, I got a CC of the e-mail you sent back to Deb. :lol:)

Faylinn said:

Yes, I'm the type of person who hates spending a lot of money on a damn shirt. :lol:

Joanne, you sure did wait until the last minute, darling. :p (By the way, I got a CC of the e-mail you sent back to Deb. :lol:)

Wow, where have I been? Some postboard folks are coming out here to LaLa Land? Hopefully I can at least catch up with you at some point to say hi!!

Fay - Have you ever checked out Avenue? They have a few of those out here. I'm a "woman of size" who likes to dress well and not look frumpy or wear the usual "fat girl clothes". A few independent large-size women's clothing stores out my way too, most with reasonable prices.

Have to doublecheck - what time are you going to Griffith? It's an awesome trip (esp. the Observatory) at any time, but the view from the Observatory at night is absolutely incredible. In the daytime...you generally get to see our lovely smog layer, so a little less inspirational... :lol:

What, no Rainbow? Great Italian food, reasonable prices, rock and roll atmosphere. If you need a substitute location for any of your dinner eateries, I recommend it. :cool:

Faylinn said:

I'm breaking up with you right now. That was sacrilege.

Repeat after me: "The clearance rack is your friend...

I was born at the last minute, and, as I told Deb, I am the personification of slackness when it comes to travel arrangements. And I did mean to copy everyone on that email, so there! :p

jkladis said:
In your case, it'd be eminently satisfactory if I fell from Carmine's bush. Rrrrrright? :p

As one of the few male members of the group, I have to say I strongly object to any other type of shopping besides clothes shopping. Bring on Nordstrom's and Lane Bryant! And perhaps I can latch onto a "juicy" t-shirt as well. ;)

Thanks for the welcomes, people. :)

MrsGiovinazzo said:
ThumpyG said:
last summer we made a trip to Neimans for a 'specific' Juicy t-shirt while we were in Beverly Hills. Deb does have retail therapy issues, esp with Juicy Couture items. :lol:
Dude, it wasn't just any Juicy t-shirt. :rolleyes: While I was spending 9 weeks in LA, the Juicy designers thoughtfully created a "Juicy Angeles" t-shirt in my honor. Therefore, when Fred Segal lacked forethought in their ordering and sold out of it in like a week, I had to go on a mission for the damn shirt. I'm sure you'll all sleep better at night knowing that although Neiman's also let me down, I did manage to score one before leaving LA. :lol: ... And yes, I do realize I could have bought it anywhere that carries Juicy once I got home, but it's just not as much fun to buy an LA t-shirt in Sacramento.

MrsG, I do love you, and the fact that you are such a retail ho is one reason I do. :lol: My mother is one too, so I am comfortable with the 'obssesive' and 'compulsive' need to 'find' exactly what you are looking for and you are just the woman to guide me it the right direction. :lol: ;)

What can I say? It is a disease. I really love Nordstroms, and will have to be kept away from the makeup counters. I am a makeup ho and Nordstrom carries some brands that the department stores here don't have.

I am getting excited for the trip and finally meeting everyone! :D

If you're looking for me in the airport, I'll be the super blond one with the ugly blue tie (part of the Flack project) :D :D
MrsG, thank's for pointing Springmoon and I in each other's directions. It'll be great if that works out.
So excited! I have to clear my camera so I have plenty of room for pictures. I also need new shoes and a swim suit.
So excited!

Springmoon said:
Faylinn said:

I'm breaking up with you right now. That was sacrilege.
B-b-but, you can't! I...I'm pregnant! So you can't leave me now!

:lol: Hehe.

Repeat after me: "The clearance rack is your friend...
It's still shopping, though. I hate shopping. :p

I did mean to copy everyone on that email, so there! :p
Suuuuure you did... ;)

My favorite place to shop for clothes that actually fit me well is CJ Banks. They aren't any cheaper than Lane Bryant, but I've found I like the styles of clothes better. My favorite thing I buy at Lane Bryant is all the nice bras they put on clearance. It's my weakness. When I can get a 35.00 bra for 10.00, I'm very happy.

Back