Nick/Sara -- #19 Public Declaration of Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: #1 Fave Ship -- Nick/Sara -- #19 Public Declaration of L

Sorry, but those thread names are NOT going to be used. Saying
we arent dissing GSR we are saying WE think snickers is better.
is dissing GSR. I can tell you right now that any of those thread titles will indeed start trouble and it's not gonna happen.

We shipper central moderators had the same problem a few days ago with another thread. They weren't allowed to do it and neither is any other thread. You'll just have to come up with other thread names.

As for the Grissom/Catherine thread title. I don't know. Not being a Vegas shipper, I have no idea what that title means and nobody questioned or complained about it.

ETA: For the record, I watch Vegas. I have seen every episode at least once but I don't ship anybody and therefore, if it hasn't been said or done on the show, I'm not aware where the titles come from unless somebody tells me.

Well howdy all my Snicker folk :D

well I come bringing some snicker pics... yes we have seen them many times, but they can never get old ;)

She looks at him....
He looks at her
She protects him
He comferts her
They obviously love each other
.... They just need to notice it

hope that was cool, kindof a little story to go along with it :D

and as for new thread titles:

"The Adventures of Poncho and Sunshine!" (cheesie i know :D )
Or:
"Nick says her name all the time"
Or:
Sara likes to check him out!"
OR:
"We all know it's going to happen... just get er' done all ready!"
Or:
.... that's all I got for now, yes they were alittle lame, but I'm tired and I used all my brain power today...

and now good night :D

I know what you mean NSF, those pics never get old. I can look at the secound last one all day, i bet i could if it wasn't for a social life :lol:

Does anyone have any Nick/Sara fics? i feel like reading some, i haven't read any since Hearts latest chapter!

I have a thread suggestion! How about

Snickers.

Most politically correct thread title ever. I guess I win at life! :D

If I sound facetious it's because, well...i am. The fact that anyone would get worked up over a thread title baffles me. What baffles me even further is that expressing a ship preference is dissing another ship. That's like saying I prefer brunettes to blondes = me dissing blondes. That's...not true.

Not to be a whiner, because I just got through saying people shouldn't get worked up over thread titles, but I've seen a couple GSR thread titles that could have offended me. They seemed like they were gloating. I didn't complain, though, becuase, well...i'm neither 5 years old nor on medication. Ultimately, who gives a flying frack?

It's not cheating if it's love
Cheating is bad...unless its snickers
Personally, I see nothing wrong with these two. They don't mention GSR by name. In fact, if they had been proposed during season 2 when Sara was dating Hank there would be no griping whatsoever. Similarly, if Sara was single and Nick was with some random broad no one would complain about the suggestions. I don't see how it should be any different just because Sara is with Grissom. In fact, it almost seems like WE are having to take extra steps to make sure we do nothing that could express any disagreement with them. It seems like preferential treatment. I'm not saying it IS, but hopefully you can see how we might take it that way.

I'm really not trying to bitch. I get that the titles have been vetoed and we can do nothing to stop it becuase we're in fascist society. Ok then. I'm not angry or anything (like I said, who in their right mind gets worked up over a thread title). I'm just baffled. I guess other people are a lot more sensitive to mEsSaGe BoArD dRaMa!!!111oneoneone than I am.

Just trying to intelligently express a valid argument. If that's not allowed here either just say so. Dropping it now.

Anyway~ Yay for Snickers pics :) Too bad they apparently work on separate shows now. Wait...they don't? Could have fooled me. They NEVER work together. Le sads. :( I miss them.

Awww i was listening to "You dont know me" by Michael Buble and i made it official that that is my ultimite Nick/Sara song because those lyrics just spew out Snickers!

I really cant think of a name for them, i'm bad at it and i dont want to have a bad name for such a amazing ship, i am like that alot. I dont write Snickers fics because i'm not good enough for it, thats what i am with all my ships i guess but there is like a block for me from writing for Snickers? i dont really know why though???

ooh nsf2 agreed, looking at the same pictures of snicker's is never tiring it make your imaganition run wild ;)...
like your idea for the thread name specially this "The Adventures of Poncho and Sunshine!" and i dont care if its cheesie :D

ollieuan said:
Personally, I see nothing wrong with these two. They don't mention GSR by name. In fact, if they had been proposed during season 2 when Sara was dating Hank there would be no griping whatsoever. Similarly, if Sara was single and Nick was with some random broad no one would complain about the suggestions. I don't see how it should be any different just because Sara is with Grissom. In fact, it almost seems like WE are having to take extra steps to make sure we do nothing that could express any disagreement with them. It seems like preferential treatment. I'm not saying it IS, but hopefully you can see how we might take it that way.

I completely agree with you. You said exactly what I meant to say. I mean, hopefully, people are not that immature here and they can take this without being offended. Because if they do get offended...well, that's just sad.

And like Hearty said, Grillows thread has the name that is much more offensive that these listed above. I'm not saying that we WANT to use one of them, we are just making suggestions. And personally, I think that you reacted prematurely.

Moving on.

I just checked the old thread names, and I see that last time we had a close race between "Public declaration of love" and "She needs his hands".

So, my suggestions are :

She needs his hands
He thought she'd never ask
She'll always be his sunshine
Ain't so sunshine when she's gone
One way or another

I'll make a poll once we get a few more suggestions.

I agree with you, csikicksurass , that second picture is precious. Thanks for sharing those, NSF !

So, if I'm not mistaken, we get only 2 more eps before hiatus kick in, so hopefully we'll have the material to make more suggestions, since we had no conversation between Nick and Sara whatsoever. And hopefully we'll get something to keep us sane till January. :D

I like One Way Or Another :D

By the way, the GC thread had a title Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone, just wanted y'all to know. There'd be nothing wrong if we use it though, since we do got a lot of things in common with GC (like bathtubs and such lol).

Anyways, looking at Misery's banner, I think cameras should be included in our list of snickery things (stuff that they spent a moment on). By the way, anybody know where Nick had placed Sara's photo? :D

Lovely pics by the way! Thanks NSF2 :)

Misery said:
ollieuan said:

I completely agree with you. You said exactly what I meant to say. I mean, hopefully, people are not that immature here and they can take this without being offended. Because if they do get offended...well, that's just sad.

And like Hearty said, Grillows thread has the name that is much more offensive that these listed above. I'm not saying that we WANT to use one of them, we are just making suggestions. And personally, I think that you reacted prematurely.
thank you, glad to see im not alone in being baffled. i can agree that the one about bugs was against GSR, and against canon was because they are canon now, but i dont see a problem with these two. i dont want to get into anymore trouble, but i dont want us to get treated unfairly either, because it does seem like we have been getting the short end of the stick for a while.

and the grillows name is a direct jab at GSR, why is it diff rules for diff ships?

also if we suggested the cheating ideas when sara was with hank no one would have cared, so just because she is now with gris its different? just because GSR is a ship, im sure there were people that liked hank and sara, do they mean less because they are a minority? this whole thing is bull.

no offence, bu not letting up have those titles, that could be in relation to all relationships in general, spesh cheating isnt cheating its its love, but letting grillows have their name is hypocrytical. if it was equal for all i would still be pissed but would accept it, but its not so im pissed and dont accept it because its not fair.

i dont want to get in more trouble, because i cant, but i wont sit down and take hypocricy either. i'm sorry, but thats just how i am. i dont want to fight or defy the mods or rules, but i want us to be treated fairly.

ANYHU

CHAPTER 5 of HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS is now up :D comments are love :D

And to add some more fanfiction: Intoxication. Same as hearty: comments are love. :D

I LOVE One Way or Another, it has my vote. It pictures the situation at the moment perfectly. One way or another we'll get our snickers! Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone is cool too. (Grillows and Snickers are buddies I suppose :D) I mean she is, and always will be Nick's Sunshine.

Thanks for those pics by the way! They're so cute! And cofi, you're allowed to kill me for being so incredibly late: Happy birthday, girl!

1CSIMfan was right in saying that those thread titles could cause trouble. I'm sure you guys don't want to offend GSR fans in anyway, if possible. There are several other thread titles that will suit these two perfectly without causing controversy. I mean, a whole lot of you would be upset, I'm sure, with a Grissom/Sara ship title along the lines of "Bugs over Chocolate." Or any other title reversed.

We, as mods, like to avoid any head-butting between ships if we can and in doing so we must blot out anything that may have the potential to cause a ruckus. We're sorry if any of you are upset about this but we're here to keep things serene.

Yay more fiction!

I love the name One way or the other! that is a awesome title. I do like the Aint no sunshine when she's gone but Grillows had it (i dont mind because i love grillows)

How about another song with sunshine:

"Sunshine on his shoulders always makes him happy"

^What HaM just said in that post.

And I, as an admin, say this.

If moderators tell to do something, you do it without coping an attitude. If you have a problem with a moderator and you cannot solve the problem in PM (which is always worth the try), you can PM admin. There's three of us: TBonz, Top41 and me.

I'm not a shipper but I've always thought that the main point is the shipping itself - not the thread title. It's the discussion about the pairing with the fans, who love that pairing as well. World doesn't end even you don't get the thread title what you want. The title isn't the main point when it comes to these threads. Shippers survived without these creative thread titles when show started and shipper threads were still in show forums. Why it's big deal now?

Also. It's childish to pull another shipperthread into argument. There is no point to pull another ship fans/their thread to argument. It's like being 5-year-old yelling "but they did it too!" Because THEY don't have anything to do with THIS thread. If you feel there's something wrong with some other thread - contact moderators. Tell them you feel something is offending. Bitching about something in your shipper thread doesn't do any good. And these three moderators that you have here in Shipper Central watch after every thread in the same way.

For what I've been personally surfing through threads here, Miami and NY ships doens't have these problems. Why is that?
So grow up a bit and think how you could make this shipper thread (ship) an ace thread and leave the "other ships that you dislike" alone. There is no need to mention those in this thread.

If the attitudes and offending thread titles don't stop, you can always get blank "The Snickers Thread [enter the number here]" if the "creative" titles are problem. Because that's all you'll get in the future if this doesn't stop.

This goes with every thread, but since it seems to be an issue here right now, I say it here.

So now, everyone who has a problem with what moderators have told you, go and read this thread and the part where has been given guidelines to behaving in Shipper Central. Read that and behave like that.

If you still have a problem, feel free to PM me.

Thank you for your time.

Don't be upset about it. Snickers is still popular. I like the title are between 1. Love it or another, 2. Nick is without his sunshine or 3. Sara is without her cowboy.

Those titles are Snickers #20 Thread. That's all I can think of.

And I want to comment on the previous posts about the thread titles but I'm going to pretend I didn't read any of it.
How many thread titles should we come up with before we do a poll? I like a few that you guys have already come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back