Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #14- "Superman Tonight"

Thank you all :) It was a nice surprise :D

Speedy, I checked the winner banners and here is mine :)

Mom, I would like to do another challenge and this time I'll write a story, if it's the last thing I do! :)

I never thought I would win in something like this... never! :eek:

Congrats NickyFan!!

I'd be up for another challenge. Hopefully I can do more than 500 words next time. :)

Okay then! Next person to post, pick a number between 1 and 8.

Question...what do you all think about...what if someone's song is picked but they haven't been writing or don't plan to write for this round? Still use the song or pick one from someone who is going to write?

Okay then! Next person to post, pick a number between 1 and 8.

Question...what do you all think about...what if someone's song is picked but they haven't been writing or don't plan to write for this round? Still use the song or pick one from someone who is going to write?

5 :D

Don't really know about the questions. I don't know if it really matters or not.

I agree. I don't think it really matters. It's the song that counts.

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #13- "How To Save A Life"

Thanks for picking a number, Speedy! :)

It's time for Round 15 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge!

Remember, everyone reading the thread is welcome to submit a story! :)

And now the guidelines...PLEASE read them all carefully! If you have any questions, let me know here or via PM/email. Thanks! :)

1. Word limit on the fic is 2,500. Please remember to give the fic a title and a short summary (neither are counted in the word limit).

2. The only restrictions on the content of the fic are that Nick must be the main character and that the story must be based on the song lyrics (below). You can base your fic on the idea of the song, whole or in part, use some of the lyrics...whatever you want as long as the song is your inspiration. The fics will be presented later by way of a link, so there are no worries about mature content.

3. Please do not post your fic or any links here! Send your fic to me at the email in my profile (or you can PM it to me if it's short enough). If you email it, you can put it in the body of the email or send it as an attachment. Please put the title of your fic in the subject line of the PM or email. Deadline for submissions is Saturday, October 30, at midnight EST.

4. Submissions should be anonymous! Please do not share your story with anyone else or tell anyone which one is yours once they are posted!

5. If you would like to have someone beta (proofread) your story, please choose someone who is NOT a participant in this challenge. Or if you like, I will be happy to beta your story when you send it to me. :) Just let me know when you send it.

6. Once all of the stories are in, we will publish the links to them and everyone can start reading!
reading.gif

7. After you have read the fics, you can post feedback for them. I will post the feedback guidelines when we get the stories up.

And now your inspiration for this challenge! The song is "The Moment I Said It" by Imogen Heap, submitted by PrincessJ88! You can listen to it here. It's You Tube, so I hope everyone can see it. And here are the lyrics...

The Moment I Said It

written by Imogen Heap

The moment I said it
the moment I opened my mouth
lead in your eyelids
Bulldozed the life out of me
I know what you're thinking
But darling you're not thinking straight
Sadly things just happen.... we can't...... explain

It's not even light out,
But you've somewhere to be - no hesitation
No I've never seen you like this
And I dont like it, I dont like it, I dont like it at all

Just put back the car keys
or somebody's going to get hurt
who are you calling at this hour
sit down, come round , I need you now
we'll work it all out together
we're getting no where tonight
now sleep, I promise, it'll all seem better somehow
in time

It's not even light out
Suddenly, you've somewhere to be
No hesitation
mmm...I've never seen you like this
Your scaring me, Youre scaring me,
Your scaring me to death

Don't..oh, smash....please
Don't...oh.....and another one
Don't...oh.....and another one

I'm losing you.......I'm losing you

Trust me on this one
I've got a bad feeling
Trust me on this one
You're going to throw it all away
With no hesitation

Bye bye bye bye bye bye
bye bye bye bye bye
bye bye bye
bye

Remember, the most important thing is to be creative and have fun!! Try to think outside the box...do something out of the ordinary with it...use your imagination! And once again let me say, anything goes. You can ship, not ship, slash, not slash, angst, humor, romance, smut...whatever you want. We are just having fun here and being creative. All stories are welcome and encouraged. :)

Now start writing! :)

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #15- "The Moment I Said It"

I've tried to write something every round, but I can't ever seem to get anywhere. :lol: I thought for sure I could write something for "Superman Tonight", but again nothing would come out. :sigh: Maybe I'll get an idea for this one. I hope. :lol:

Thread title is updated. :)

I got an idea almost instantly for this one.. but the words just aren't coming out right. :brickwall:

Yay a new challenge :D But I have to say that this song isn't made for the kind of stories I write normally... I guess I have to make it fit :lol:

Glad to see there's a new challenge up, but unfortunately I won't be able to write a story for it this time :( I'll try to write something for the next one.

Good luck writing, and I look forward to reading your stories.

Take Care All, K.

I think I've got an idea. Now if it'll only come together. :lol:

YAYAYAY a new challenge.. I'm in.. :thumbsup:
I love Imogen Heap but for some reason I've never heard this song.. The lyrics are awesome though, I already have a few ideas jumping around my head.. :)

I think I'm a little late but... CONGRATS NICKYFAN You deserved the win, well done.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can't wait to read everyone's stories.. :hugegrin:

*runs off excited for new challenge*

I'm happy to see so much interest in writing for another challenge! :) Now...if only *I* can come up with something as well... :shifty:

Now that I have a chapter out of the way and published, I'm thinking of trying to knock something out for this challenge. :) Anyone else having any luck coming up with something?

Back