Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #15- "The Moment I Said It"

I'm still at the point I was 2 weeks ago - general idea but no real story yet. I do tend to procrastinate and then do well under pressure though (I once got an A+ on a paper I wrote the night AFTER it was due :D), so hopefully I'll have something by the deadline. :)

Hmmm this song seems to have me stumped.. Which is strange because I think the lyrics just tell a story on their own.. I was so excited to write a fic because of the scenarios the song puts in my head.. Although when I go to sit down and write my NickFic words for another story start flowing through the keyboard but it's pretty random and I don't even know where it's going.. and I dont know if it would fit as a NickFic.. Hmmm.. :wtf:

Oh well, I'll get a fic out of this song if it kills me... :lol:

Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.. :thumbsup:

Whatever idea I had earlier, I forgot to write it down and now I cannot remember what it was. :(

I won't have anything unless a miracle strikes. :lol: I'm way behind on my other story and need to play catch up.

I have a story idea :D But I haven't really typed it all yet... since I don't have much time during the week I hope I'll get it done by Saturday or Sunday... would that be okay?

I have a story idea :D But I haven't really typed it all yet... since I don't have much time during the week I hope I'll get it done by Saturday or Sunday... would that be okay?

Deadline is midnight EST on Saturday, but since I won't have them posted until sometime Sunday, if any come in a little late that will be okay. :)

Hey Smokey, I was wondering if there was any chance a story could be over the word limit. I'm trying to cut mine down but it's kind of a lot of words over.. :confused: Oopsies..

In some ways I don't want to cut it down any more because I think it might end up a little confusing and lose it's effect. :(

I was just wondering because I really want to have it posted as part of the challenge. :)

Hey Smokey, I was wondering if there was any chance a story could be over the word limit. I'm trying to cut mine down but it's kind of a lot of words over.. :confused: Oopsies..

In some ways I don't want to cut it down any more because I think it might end up a little confusing and lose it's effect. :(

I was just wondering because I really want to have it posted as part of the challenge. :)

Welll....I know it's picky, but it really shouldn't be over 2,500. That's kind of part of the challenge...to keep it at that. In fact, when we first started the limit was 2,000, but we upped it.

So yeah...it needs to be 2,500 or less. Sorry. :( But it wouldn't be fair to let one story be over and have the other authors trying to stay under the limit.

Sometimes in the challenge people have cut their story back, and then afterward they put the full version up on their fan fiction page. You could do that. :)

Welll....I know it's picky, but it really shouldn't be over 2,500. That's kind of part of the challenge...to keep it at that. In fact, when we first started the limit was 2,000, but we upped it.

So yeah...it needs to be 2,500 or less. Sorry. :( But it wouldn't be fair to let one story be over and have the other authors trying to stay under the limit.

Sometimes in the challenge people have cut their story back, and then afterward they put the full version up on their fan fiction page. You could do that. :)

Okey dokes, I'll get started on cutting it down now.. Thanks Smokey :thumbsup:

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #14- "Superman Tonight"

Nick Fic Song Challenge
Round 15
smilies-38654.png

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting round 15 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Thanks to everyone who participated! :)

Here are a few guidelines for reading and reviewing:

1. Remember, for now the stories are anonymous. Please do not reveal which story you wrote. We will unveil the authors next Sunday, November, 7.

2. Story authors/participants - Please leave feedback for each story. That's why we're doing this...so we can learn from each other and improve as we go along. And because this is anonymous for now, please remember to leave some feedback for your own story too. :)

3. Lurkers - You are most welcome to read and review the stories too! We just ask that you follow and respect the guidelines here as well. The exception is that you may leave reviews for as few or as many stories as you like. (Authors - Please do not take offense if a lurker reviews only one or two stories or does not review yours.)

4. Please make your feedback as positive and constructive as possible. Constructive means that it's meant to be helpful and it's said in a nice way. There will be zero tolerance for meanness here from anyone.

5. Please try to make your feedback a little more than just "Good job" or "Nice story". We all look forward to hearing some thoughtful input on our work. :) And for now let's focus on the content of the story more so than the format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. For some people this is their first fic and/or English may not be their first language, and those are all things that a good beta could fix if this weren't a challenge. :)

6. Feedback should be posted here in this thread and can be done all in one post or in several posts.

7. Remember, we aren't voting for favorites on this or anything. We're just reading, reviewing, and enjoying! :)

8. Attention readers! Feedback posts will probably contain spoilers. If you do not want to be spoiled, do not read the feedback until after you read the stories.

And now, what you've all been waiting for...round 15 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Click on the "The Moment I Said It" link on the left to read the stories.
yay.gif

Note: If you see an error in your story or any problems on the page, please PM Smokey ASAP.

Thanks to those who participated! :) I sure wish we could get more participation. We need good Nick stories! :)

Watching Over You - Ah...very cool! I like this! I love the progression through some of the cases that have affected Nick in one way or another. It doesn't really fill in any major details, but the subtlety is still very effective. I like your writing style...very neat and clean and cohesive. Nice job! :)

Don't Leave Me - Oh, I'm a sucker for Nick and his family, especially his childhood. Cute little guy...ready for school. :adore: And I love how the grown up Nick comforts his mother, even as he has his own doubts about leaving. This story really sets up a foundation for the Nick we see on the show. It's easy to believe that this is what his home and family were like. Great job! :)

We Can Never Go Home - Dang. This is a really powerful piece. Every word flows into the next, taking the reader with it like we are really there. We really feel what Nick is feeling...kind of reeling. My favorite part is that paragraph with the rapid fire things that he sees...like his life flashing before him. Very nice job! :)

I am not the greatest story reviewer so I will simply say that I enjoyed this rounds set of stories.

I am not the greatest story reviewer so I will simply say that I enjoyed this rounds set of stories.

Thanks for checking in and reading the stories, Sookie! :)

Every review counts, Sookie! :D Thanks for reading though ;)

Here are my reviews...

Watching Over You
I like the concept of this story. I tried to use this form of writing but I never really got anything good done with it. Your story is great! It's nicely written and the reader can follow your thoughts very well :) You know, I was wondering who the mysterious third person is... is it Haley? It would make sense if it was her (for me at least :lol:) No matter who it is... a great story.

You know I always like to guess who wrote which story... it's kind of hard with yours... which is actually good because it means you're not predictable :lol: I have a guess though ;)

Don't Leave Me
Oh I can so imagine how Nick must have felt in this fic... I've been through that when I started studying. It's a hard thing to do, and with your loved ones crying about it it's even harder :(

I wish we knew what Nick was like when he was a kid... all we can do is guess how he might have looked like and portraying adult Nick into little Nick... a hard thing to do.

We Can Never Go Home

I know who you are! :D I know your style... but there is one thing that always 'rats' you out. You write very emotional fics... with very, very deeeeeeeeep thoughts and you tend to leave me wondering what actually happened in the story after reading it... your deep thoughts make that I have to ready your stories at least twice to understand everything fully, which is most likely because English is not my first language. I like the aspiration you have with your stuff, everything is thought through very well. Good work! I hope you publish the full version of your story on ff.net soon ;)

You know, I was wondering who the mysterious third person is... is it Haley? It would make sense if it was her (for me at least :lol:) No matter who it is... a great story.

When I read it that's who I thought it was, so I hope it is! It does make for a great story. :)

Back