'New York' Premiere Postponed Due To Bush Speech

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 14, 2005.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I'm sure it has to do with Time Zones. Bush will be live, won't he?

2. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Okay, suppose Bush goes on as scheduled at 9 p.m. Eastern. That's 8 Central, 7 Mountain and 6 Pacific. In other words, unless his speech goes over an hour (which I'm not betting on), the ONLY time zone impacted would be the East. Now, if I recall, local 11:00 news programs have been pushed back 30 - 45 minutes in the past to accomodate overtime basketball or football games (especially in the playoffs) or similar events where the time limits aren't under strict control. Bush and his speech writers know how long his speech is going to be, and should have advise the networks accordingly. Naturally, afterward the "talking heads" will rehash the speech to death, "explaining" the salient points to us "great unwashed" whose intelligence is commonly and casually underestimated by the mass media to begin with. I figure for a 35 - 40-minute speech that's good for an hour. Maybe. So...in the east, could Part 1 of GD not air before the speech and Part 2 after? Or, should the president's speech be 15 - 20 minutes of mainly information we've all already heard, the ep could begin at 9:30 and bump the news to 11:30.

It just seems like a lot of drama over a speech few people are expecting much significant from. The CSI fans are pissed because we have to wait six days for a legend-level episode to be re-aired. (BTW, I haven't seen it, and I don't have a dog. :cool:) The CSI:NY fans are justifiably pissed because A) their season opener is pushed back seven days, and B) a lot of them don't get the CSI fans' intense feelings about GD. The CSI:Miami fans are probably either A) relieved about that Monday night slot, or B) pissed because everyone else is - solidarity, baybee! :lol:

Ah well. At least we'll have glimpses of William and Gary on the Emmys to tide us over. Woulda been nice, if they HAD to show something other than GD tonight, to go for a less-shown episode than ND or Iced.

And as far as Bush giving a weekend speech? Better check the Rangers' game schedule first... :D

BTW, expectations for ratings being what they are for GD, I wonder how this impacts the sponsors...

--Robin

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I was thinking they could supplicate me by showing King Baby again! (And showing the NY premiere on time... as you said, SOLIDARITY! :D )

4. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Feh. During the speech I think I'll be watching the WNBA finals anyway. GO 'NARCHS! :D

King Baby...another one I missed because I couldn't get my head outa the hoops...having both a VCR and DVR now is a wonderful thing...

--Robin

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I can't figure out why they're showing two one-hour episodes instead of one two-hour episode.

...do they not get that two one-hour episodes take up the same amount of time? One plus one equals two, CBS.

6. clhawk

clhawk Rookie

I've decided to not watch CBS at all next week. And it'g going to be a long time before I can watch CSI: LV again. I tried to watch it tonight and I just got so mad I had to turn it off.

7. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

Yeah, I am doing the same. No CBS for me next week. And maybe for a long time. I will, of course, watch CSI: NY. But that will be the only CBS show I watch. I can catch the rest in reruns, later on. If I feel inclined.