'New York' Premiere Postponed Due To Bush Speech

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Jen6973

Jen6973 Witness

Thank You Baba, he does have a tendency to screw things up, like why couldn't he have done it tonight

2. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Amen, Baba....you're preachin' to the choir!
    I voted for the other guy!

3. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Postponing the premiere is just ludicrous and a bad decision on the part of CBS, if "Grave Danger” is that important, why not just postpone the premiere of Vegas, why take aim at New York's premiere. Why not postpone Miami's premiere, or just about anything on Tuesday night or Friday.

If the government had properly responded to the disaster then Bush wouldn't have to respond. As a nation we don't need one hour of his half-ass, half-hearted, backhanded apologies, weeks have passed, why did it take Bush this long to muster sympathy and a public speech? The time has passed for all this talking, the damage is done, and we need to go about the business of fixing.

I think the number of features, as midnight said, is a very good reason for the NY DVD to be available before Miami's. Miami is an established show and probably has more archived footage to sift through than say a new series like NY. It is also possible the conception of the NY DVD began during the filming of season 1 and involved less putting together than DVD's for Miami or LV, which were possibly done after the seasons concluded.

Ali

4. RBC

RBC Coroner

I can't vote yet, have to wait a little less than a year, besides I don't live in the US. But I would've voted for Kerry too.

5. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

It would have been so much better if Bush would have his speech at 8:00, but that would mean that they would have to postpone the next Survivor, and we can't have that, can we? :mad: :mad: I wonder why they don't put GD on at 8:00 and CSI:NY on at ten. It's not fair that our shows have to suffer.

Kasey

Kasey

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I feel for you poor Americans... so few choices! Ah, politicians in general I guess... why do they work so hard to make that stereotype true?

If they were pushing back the Vegas premiere, I would be PISSED ! So I totally feel for you NY folks. It's a cryin' shame! :(

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

And this is one reason why my family did not vote for Bush, lol. CSI: NY always seems to a victim.

8. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

Nooooooooooooo not a week later, this sucks :(

9. clhawk

clhawk Rookie

This doesn't make sense. I just checked cbs.com and they are showing 2 episodes of CSI after Bush's speech. The speech will be from 9-9:30 and then they will show an episode at 9:30 and then another at 10:30. Why are they doing that instead of showing the 2-hour "Grave Danger"?

10. lament

lament Captain

Why am I not surprised. Sigh. I never watch his speeches anyway, so I guess I'll just put in a DVD of CSI. :lol: :D

11. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

That is stupid. Sometimes I think TPTB have as much sense as politicians. Which is very little. I have a feeling this could backfire on LV.

Kasey

12. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

I've tried, honestly, I've tried. But then he said "nucular" and I realized I could never take anything the man says seriously. Not to mention all the "ums" and "ahs" and the not getting to the point thing...he's a terrible public speaker.

13. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

You have to think about it the other way around, too, though. If they just cancelled the airing of "Grave Danger" all together, then all the CSI original fans would be complaining that the other CSI's got their season finale AND their season premieres while CSI just got its season premiere.

I think CBS could have found a MUCH better way to schedule this, true, but I think they are just trying to be fair to all fans. Pushing the CSI: NY finale back is a huge pain, I know. If I had it my way, Bush would be the one that is just cut off and we could all be happy and content in watching "Grave Danger" instead.

However, because I am an optimist and a peacemaker, I will have to say that I think CBS was just trying to find a way to rearrange all their new shows so that everything is still aired accordingly.

And think of this way, CSI: NY watchers, when May comes, you all will have one more week of being able to watch a new episode while everybody else will have finished already! Think optmistically, I say! ^_^

14. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

Then CBS should have run Grave Danger next Thursday, and moved THEIR premiere back a week. It's their rerun. You don't pre-empt a show's season premiere to show a freaking rerun. I don't care if it is Grave Danger. I watched it the first time around. And I will be the first to admit it is a great episode. But, that doesn't mean I feel entitled to see it again, as the cost of NY's premiere. If they want to show it again so bad, show it on Thursday where it belongs.

15. Bailey17

Bailey17 Lab Technician

I agree with either splitting up "GD" into 2 separate nights, or showing it on another night. It's not fair to the CSI:NY fans.

As if things aren't screwed up enough, now Bush is messing with TV shows we've been waiting for months to see! And I'm also a huge "Lost," so I'll be taping "GD" (again). Man, I had plans to see all of "GD" on a 61 inch flat screen TV, too. Gee, Bush, pissing off 30 million CSI fans is not the best way to raise your approval ratings!

The whole world knows he messed up, who wants to listen to him hem and haw about it? Or maybe we'll hear more of his "Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job." Oh wait, that guy resigned... :)