'New York' Premiere Postponed Due To Bush Speech

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 14, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

This Thursday night, President <font color=yellow>George Bush</font> will conduct a live speech that has networks scurrying to re-arrange their schedules.

The president will address the nation from The White House to discuss the destruction and consequent chaos and finger-pointing caused by Hurricane Katrina, which slammed the Gulf Coast and destroyed the city of New Orleans just two weeks ago. The primetime speech is set to air at 9 p.m., or during the regular CSI timeslot.

This has propelled CBS and other networks to hastily re-arrange their schedules only a few days before premiere week. CBS had originally intended to air the two-hour CSI finale "Grave Danger" on Thursday night at 9 p.m., but the network has now decided to air one or two other episodes of the show after the speech, depending on its length. "Grave Danger" has been pushed back and will now air Wednesday September 21st, or one night before the show premieres.

Which makes CSI: New York the biggest victim of CBS's schedule shift. The show's premiere episode, "Summer in the City," was originally scheduled to air during the timeslot that will now be occupied by the repeat of "Grave Danger." Though the CSI episode will begin at 9 p.m. it'll run for two hours, overlapping CSI: New York's 10 p.m. timeslot. Fans of New York will now have to wait until September 28th at 10. p.m. to see the premiere.

For more information on CBS's and other network's schedule changes, read the original article at Daily Variety.<center></center>

2. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I can't believe my eyes! :eek:

3. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

That is not fair! Why should we have to wait a week, so they can rerun CSI? It's a rerun. It should not be allowed to pre-empt our premiere!

4. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Yeah, what's the deal? Grave Danger is a rerun. Why air it at all, then? I understand they want to refresh people's memories, but I doubt a lot of folks out there will skip Lost just to watch a rerun of CSI.

5. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

This sucks, why is that rerun so important?
    It's all Bush fault, why does he need to give a speech anyway? This just shows that he's up to no good again.

6. Jen6973

Jen6973 Witness

JMO, why air any re runs then, shouldn't CSI get to air their finale like Miami and New York, maybe if you call CBS maybe you can get them to change that and have CSI run @ 8 and NY just afterward.

7. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

This definately isn't fair to us NY fans. Showing a rerun? It's like "We've post poned the season premiere to bring you this repeat." That makes NO sense, NO matter how much you look at it!

8. RBC

RBC Coroner

Those b*stards :mad:

This is gonna mean that episode 2 is a week later, as is episode 3, as is.....

9. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

CBS isn't the only network having to deal with this issue....I blame George W. :devil:

The stuff he plans on talking about should have been addressed ages ago.

10. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

omg this sucks...of all times why the hell does bush talk in the middle of the night...they should put grave danger on a weekend instead and let csi ny premiere as normal

11. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

I'm PISSED. Why not just show it after he talks? I'll bet it's over by 10 anyway, the man doesn't have that many words in his vocabulary. So what they hell are they gonna do for NY next week, show Three Generations is Enough again?

12. RBC

RBC Coroner

CSI: NY doesn't air at all I think, otherwise they could've showed the season premiere. And why the ** does he always have to talk at Thursday. Do it at the weekend or something for Pete's sake.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

This sucks. :( NY always gets shafted! Why not put "Grave Danger" on Tuesday night instead of whatever shows are on then. :mad: Or delay the CSI premiere since it's their damn night anyway??? :mad: :(

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

:lol: :lol:

God, no. They're gonna show Grave Danger on Wednesday night.

This is only happening because Grave Danger is two hours long. If it wasn't, they would show it after the speech, which is supposed to be 30-45 minutes long.

I say show Grave Danger anyway and put the Bush speech on a little box by the corner. I can't imagine he'll say anything new. He already took blame for the slow response after Katrina. That's all Americans wanted to hear and he already said it. Why repeat it? Concentrate your efforts on the victims, rather than glorifying yourself, and maybe your approval ratings will go up.

15. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I don't understad why they have to show Grave Danger that particular night. It's totally unfair to NY fans. Makes no sense.