'New York' Premiere Postponed Due To Bush Speech

It makes no sense to me to fuck over the season premiere of one show in order to show a repeat of another. I can understand the whole continuity issue but damn, that sucks. Of course, I'm sure the reasoning is that CSI is more important than the spin-offs as it has more viewers or whatever, but, seeing as how I rarely watch CSI and happen to love CSI: NY, I don't really care.

Also, Bush's approval rating is the lowest it's ever been. Who advised him he should make a speech at all during premiere week? He must have come up with the idea himself.

They're gonna show Grave Danger on Wednesday night.
Ok. So, we're gonna get What You See Is What You See tonight, nothing next week and then the premiere the Wednesday after? But CSI gets to run last years season finale and then this season's premiere all in the same week? *breathes deeply* I love the smell of favoritism/no fair-edness in the afternoon. By the way, does anyone know the number to the White House, preferably the complaint line? I have more to complain about than this but, might as well do it all in one call.

It makes no sense to me to fuck over the season premiere of one show in order to show a repeat of another.

Exactly. Why preempt a new episode for a rerun? Who cares if people see "Grave Danger" again--everyone watched it the first time around and it will be out on DVD in a month or two.

But it's being rerun because it was like the highest rated episode of CSI ever. It just pisses me off that the premiere of NY is getting shafted for a rerun.

I'm bummed too, but they pull favourite on NY sometimes too. The dvd-box for NY is released earlier than Miai's and Vegas's. Here in Holland CSI: NY season 1 part 1 will be released earlier than CSI: Miami season 2!! part 2. Next to that they get a 5 part comic, while Miami doesn't have that yet.
So NY is only shortcutted on the premiere date.

This is going to foul up the Lost Season Premiere too! Plus, I MISSED Grave danger and my TIVo didn't work that day, so I had it cued up for it THIS THURSDAY! SON OF A !@$@!$@!$V @#

But back when NY first started last year, they used to get preempted ALL THE TIME for stupid crap like football games, cutting out the last two minutes of an episode to tell us that Yassar Arafat died, etc. They also get crappy ass promotion. NY is like the little redheaded step child of the CSI franchise family. (Sorry if any of you are redheaded stepchildren, I didn't mean to offend.)

Seriously, Grave Danger... I know of deaf, mute, and blind people who live smack in the middle of the Amazon, with no means of communication and no televisions, who have seen Grave Danger. We've written like 284,596 articles relating to the episode, and in each article we summarize the episode plot. I don't think people need to be reminded of what happened in the freaking episode, eh? Why, why, why?

I'm not a regular viewer of Lost. If I've seen 15 episodes it's a lot. And there's no way I'd watch Grave Danger over Lost. And that's me. Imagine all the crazy Lost fans out there. No way will Grave Danger steal Lost's crown.

However, I'd watch NY over Lost, in a heartbeat. So this makes no sense to me. Also, even if you don't watch Lost, you're probably most likely to check out Invasion on ABC - which is NEW and fresh - over an episode of CSI you've already seen. So this makes no sense to me. Why not show GD on Tuesday? There's nothing going on on Tuesdays!

Wasn't there some sort of speech during sweeps week too? Doesn't the White House, or I should probably say, the ranch, have a tv or two? This whole scheduling thing makes no sense, but I guess I'll have to blame that on CBS.

Seriously, Grave Danger... I know of deaf, mute, and blind people who live smack in the middle of the Amazon, with no means of communication and no televisions, who have seen Grave Danger. We've written like 284,596 articles relating to the episode, and in each article we summarize the episode plot. I don't think people need to be reminded of what happened in the freaking episode, eh? Why, why, why?

Amen! Everyone has seen this damn episode. 35 million people saw it in this country alone! It does not to be rerun, especially with the DVDs so close. And why not split it into two parts, one after Bush tomorrow night and one next Weds before NY or Thurs before CSI.

I'm not a regular viewer of Lost. If I've seen 15 episodes it's a lot. And there's no way I'd watch Grave Danger over Lost. And that's me. Imagine all the crazy Lost fans out there. No way will Grave Danger steal Lost's crown.

Same here--I think Lost is going to get bigger this season. A lot of people are gonna be watching that premiere.

However, I'd watch NY over Lost, in a heartbeat.

Same here, though the great thing with NY is that you wouldn't have to choose! Lost airs an hour before NY, so one could watch both. Whereas if they have to choose, this probably means bigger numbers for Invasion.

So this makes no sense to me. Also, even if you don't watch Lost, you're probably most likely to check out Invasion on ABC - which is NEW and fresh - over an episode of CSI you've already seen. So this makes no sense to me. Why not show GD on Tuesday? There's nothing going on on Tuesdays!

Exactly! Tuesday would have been a much, much better choice for rerunning it. Plenty of time to publicize it, and they'd just be prempting a new show (that could wait a week) and, and...whatever else CBS has going on on Tuesdays. :lol: Tuesday isn't their night.

But back when NY first started last year, they used to get preempted ALL THE TIME for stupid crap like football games, cutting out the last two minutes of an episode to tell us that Yassar Arafat died, etc. They also get crappy ass promotion. NY is like the little redheaded step child of the CSI franchise family. (Sorry if any of you are redheaded stepchildren, I didn't mean to offend.)

Like I've already said: NY is first with all merchandise. There Vegas and Miami are behind.
Besides, cbs can't help it that Yassar died on the day that CSI: NY was on.

Like I've already said: NY is first with all merchandise. There Vegas and Miami are behind.

Yeah, but Yassar's death had been incorrectly reported several times that week. They could have waited five minutes for New York to finish before announcing it (when the local news was scheduled to be on anyway). It wasn't the hugest surprise in the world either.

Merchandise has less to do with preference and more with availability. That the NY DVDs are being released first probably means it has less features than the CSI DVDs.

Yeah, but Yassar's death had been incorrectly reported several times that week. They could have waited five minutes for New York to finish before announcing it (when the local news was scheduled to be on anyway). It wasn't the hugest surprise in the world either.

I'm totally with you on that. They could've waited five more minutes.

Merchandise has less to do with preference and more with availability. That the NY DVDs are being released first probably means it has less features than the CSI DVDs.

Haven't thought of that :D, but it doesn't explain why it's released earlier than the second part of season 2 for Miami over here.

Back