New Carmine Giovinazzo Fan Project: Get The Man An Emmy

ThumpyG said:
MrsG , or should I say 'old hypocritical lady' with the new MySpace page ;)
Guilty as charged. :lol: I am quite the hypocrit. I like the idea of being able to keep in touch with you girls, but the whole MySpace thing still creeps me out. Do I really want some dude trying to talk to me because he happens to like Guns 'n Roses too and thinks I'm hot? That'd be a BIG hell nooooooooooooooooooo!!! :lol: But I could be down for that 45 year old tranny you were telling me about. At least that's interesting. :lol:

BTW, the page looks great!
Why, thank you. Technical assistance courtesy of crankyjules. :D I like your page too, but damn girl, soooo much pink. Lucky you're damn cute, or you might not be worth that much eye strain. :lol:

MrsGiovinazzo said:
ThumpyG said:
MrsG , or should I say 'old hypocritical lady' with the new MySpace page ;)
Guilty as charged. :lol: I am quite the hypocrit. I like the idea of being able to keep in touch with you girls, but the whole MySpace thing still creeps me out. Do I really want some dude trying to talk to me because he happens to like Guns 'n Roses too and thinks I'm hot? That'd be a BIG hell nooooooooooooooooooo!!! :lol: But I could be down for that 45 year old tranny you were telling me about. At least that's interesting. :lol:

:lol: Beware, you will get the ones that just post a message to you telling you that you are hot! I have and I just read their profile (damn nosy) and delete the message. One was even a married man. :rolleyes:

BTW, the page looks great!
Why, thank you. Technical assistance courtesy of crankyjules. :D I like your page too, but damn girl, soooo much pink. Lucky you're damn cute, or you might not be worth that much eye strain. :lol:

:lol: yeah, LOVE the pink! :lol: You should have seen my cousins page before she changed it, it was neon pink. She kind of takes after me :p :lol: (at least I like to think she does) :D

I get bored very easily and mess around with my page often. I should post a link to it here, but didn't want to find any other weirdos other than the ones I get from my page anyway. :lol:

As one who is resisting the MySpace addiction (though I do have a page :eek: ), it is a good way to get word out for a project like this. MySpace is insanely and hugely popular, and even more pervasive than the LJ craze of a few years ago.

Someone mentioned Edward Furlong a few posts back--by all means, mentioning his performance as well is a good idea. He really was noteworthy, and his appearance got some hype (and some notice from the press as well). He might very well get submitted for a best guest actor mention.

I just visited my Myspace page for the first time in an eternity and posted a bulletin on the project. Cool stuff.

So, here is my comment that I wrote to CBS. A thanks goes to MrsG for reviewing the letter and correcting some grammar mistakes.

Dear CBS,

Although I am not a US citizen, I am – of course – totally aware of the Emmy awards and that the submission time for the nominations starts soon. So I want to request that you support a wonderful show and a phenomenal actor – CSI New York and Carmine Giovinazzo.

From what I can see it seems as if CSI New York doesn't get much attention or, let's say, it feels like it isn't promoted that much. The show still seems to be a bit like a stepchild of the other two CSI shows. That's something that I can't really understand. I also knew CSI Las Vegas and Miami before, but was totally hooked on the New York one. Great actors on a great show.

In Germany we are just at the end of season 2. I haven't seen the episodes of season 3 yet, but from what I read in reviews, "Raising Shane"“ seems to be a good episode to promote. What I read about "Raising Shane"“ is that Carmine Giovinazzo gave an outstanding performance. I can't make an assessment myself about that episode yet, but I know that he gives all his passion, dynamics and depth to the character of Danny Messer – in every single episode. I know how hard Carmine Giovinazzo works on the character Danny Messer and how great his perfomance is, like in "On the Job" (Season one) or "Run Silent Run Deep" (Season two) for example. He sure deserves to be supported and get nominated.

So please support the show and Carmine Giovinazzo, in particular, for the Emmys this year! Carmine Gioviannzo is a fantastic actor. I don't want to say the others aren't great, but he really can perfom such a wide range of emotions in such a perfect way. If he has to be sad he IS sad, if he has to be angry, he IS angry – at least that's what I can see on screen. It's not only the general body language or the facial expressions – the emotions also are seen in his eyes. Danny Messer is an authentic character thanks to the person who plays him. Of course praise goes also to the writers of the character, but a good script is nearly worthles when the actor isn't capable of showing the essence of the person he performs.

I am sure Carmine Giovinazzo really has earned an Emmy, and also if you're not the ones who can give it ho him, you still can be the ones who are able to promote him.

Yours sincerely

MissMontana said:
CarmineFan said:

Giovinazzo shows the fear but also the engagement of Danny Messer and is very convincing with his performance.

*nods ins agreement*
He's indeed very convincing!
Very good, CarmineFan! :D i like your letter! it's straightforward and nicely written!

Thanks! So I'll post it but I have a question abot this. On the site MrsG mentioned there are some points to mark. Which should I choose? I think "Regarding: CSI:NY", "Messagetype: Request". Is it right?

Springmoon said:
I just visited my Myspace page for the first time in an eternity and posted a bulletin on the project. Cool stuff.
Thanks for posting the project on your page. I just added you as a friend. :D

Lonia - Thanks for sending your letter. Good job!

I have a question abot this. On the site MrsG mentioned there are some points to mark. Which should I choose? I think "Regarding: CSI:NY", "Messagetype: Request". Is it right?
That's how I submitted mine. Select "CSI:NY" and "Request."

I'm adding this to my liveJournal aswell as my website. He really does desrve it, and I do have a few points to bring to the people at CBS, but I'm not good at writing letters. I'm better at writing short fan fan mail (never been sent. either wrippped up or gve it ot he dog to chew on) because I've been to nervous to post it Go figure. :p

Yay you!

But from what I read, your writing is fine. It doesn't have to be an epic ... some of us are just incapable of writing anything short, sweet and to the point. I am afflicted with verbal diahorrea :D If you just try and write naturally, as yourself, and don't try to write an essay, I'm positive it will be fine. And you don't have to post what you've written here, if you're worried about being judged.

Come on, please write? pretty please? I'll pout. And that's an ugly sight :lol:

Bullet_Girl - Thanks for adding the project to your Live Journal. :D As for letter writing, yeah, what crankyjules says. :lol: Seriously, it doesn't have to be epic and it doesn't have to be a literary masterpiece. Short and sweet will do the job just fine.

I have to admit it, I've been stuck on this project for some time. My brain kinda draws a blank apart from, "GIVE HIM AN EMMY SO WE CAN SEE HIM IN THE SHOWER, DAMNIT!" :lol: :devil:

Lovely letters and pimping, everyone. I'd be shocked if he didn't smile knowing about all this.

^ As creative as you are, I'm sure you'll think of something non-shower related, kimmy. :lol: Uh oh, I just had a horrible thought -- what if our efforts paid off and Carmine got an Emmy. Then he might be able to say to the writers, "Forget it. I'm an Emmy winner, baby. I'm not taking off my clothes for you." :eek: :eek: Now that would suck.

Yes, it did, Mary Poppins, and we're very proud of you.

That would suck MrsG. "Sorry, dudes. I want to be taken seriously, so not even so much as me going topless." Bleh.

ok, my letter is submitted. I hope I could help a bit to get this damn hot man an emmy!
Does anyone know how much letters we got so far?

Back