Nerds With Badges- Greg and Ryan Fans Only!

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Szmanda_Togo_Fan, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Saranna

Saranna Corpse

ah thats it! Can't you tell i don't watch NY at all? Sorry ofcourse he's MI what was i thinking. I semi-boycotted Mi when they killed Speed but i think i should start watching again then!

2. Dreamsingr

Dreamsingr Lab Technician

I like Greg the best, my friend Angie likes Ryan so it worked out for us then!!

3. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I think in both shows (CSI:M & CSI:LV), the writers have not really explored Ryan and Greg's personal lives or them outside of work. which is a damn shame.

Speed & Delko got to go out to a nightclub (so we got to see them off the field). i wish there was a crossover, and Greg & Ryan went out for drinks. i would luv to see that. then we can compare their diff personalities.

crmscnnvstgtr101 , i did not think u were putting either of them down.

4. crmscnnvstgtr101

crmscnnvstgtr101 CSI Level Two

well - thanks lonewolfe - i was hoping i didnt ..

but i agree that the writers havent explored their characters in general .. it would make a great crossover to see the interaction between the two ..

5. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

ooh! A cross over with the two of them would be great! can you actually picture the two of them in one room?
    Ryan: but that's how we do it in Miamii!
    Greg: but this is VEGAS! We're doing it my way!!

6. X05

X05 CSI Level One

Ryan does seem (maybe) a little bit more responsible than Greg, but like it was said above, Ryan was put into a much different situation than Greg. Ryan must have felt an incredible amount of pressure from the other CSIs who probably felt that no one could fill the hole that Speed left. Greg's progression to working in the field was more gradual and had more time to develop.
    But hey, they could still get paired up and I'd bet they would balance each other out just perfectly. ;)

7. crmscnnvstgtr101

crmscnnvstgtr101 CSI Level Two

x05 - youre right .. ryan had a little more responsibility .. he had to fill the shoes of someone the entire team had admiration and respect for .. greg on the other hand is just trying to prove himself .. not in an obsessive way though ..

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree Greg had more time to prove while Ryan's fellow csis needed him to fill tohe very big shoes of the beloved Speedle

9. CSI_in_training

I'm glad my idea has branched a discussion of how the two are different...to add on, Ryan has also given Delko a few reasons to hate him, so he has even more pressure then greg ever had, but Greg's still got to prove himself worthy of the field. They both have that serious side, but we love the fun side of them and I hope we see more of it!

10. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

LMAO. I can just imagine Greg saying that.

I have a question: Is Ryan a CSI level 1 like Greg is?

11. CSI_in_training

I think so, he's only been a CSI for this season, so I don't think he could be any higher. he was a patrol officer before!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, I have come to join you all in your greg/Ryan discussion...although I prefer Greg because I don't really watch Miami much.. Well I hate to show up empty handed so:
    Sharpies!! (Slaves of Las Vegas)
    CATHERINE: Oh, nice. Mmm. Yeah, that's the idea, Greg. Two straws per mask.
    GREG: You can't get any air through pens.

And then afterwards, Here"Yeah..They've been up my nose...Still want them back?"

13. X05

X05 CSI Level One

I know!! I did not like that tension between Eric and Ryan at all; hope it never ever comes back. :)

14. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

i liked the tension betw Ryan & Eric.
    It made sense in that Ryan was a new guy replacing our beloved Speedle and Ryan was out prove himself. If he just came in & they were one big happy family, I would never have believed it (it made the show more real. in real life the work place is filled with tension betw co-workers. u cannot expect to get along with everyone).

even our Greggo, has his own little co-worker conflicts (ie. Hodges). But in the case of Greg & Hodges its amusing.

i'm very confused. if Ryan is a CSI level 1 did he not have to pass a profiency test like Greg ?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Im sure he did