NCIS: Los Angeles

On NCIS: LA, Mom's the Word

Mother’s Day will come early this season on NCIS: Los Angeles, when the women who brought unto the world cast members Chris O’Donnell and Daniela Ruah guest-star on the CBS procedural.

No details have been released on whom exactly O’Donnell’s mom, Julie, and Ruah’s, Catarina (based out of Portugal), will play, though one can rule out Callen and Kensi’s own mothers, since they’ve already been accounted for on the show.

Instead, CBS is only saying the ladies will appear in a scene that was “hand-picked by executive producer Shane Brennan” — whom I will be speaking with this evening at CBS’ TCA summer press tour cocktail party, so if you’ve got burning questions, fire away in Comments.

Why not? We've had (I think) at least 2 of Chris O'Donnell's kids on it. :thumbsup:

Actually we're going to get the mother's of all 4 of them!

Mother's Rule

“NCIS: LOS ANGELES” - Tuesdays, 9:00 PM

The real-life mothers of NCIS: LOS ANGELES stars Chris O’Donnell, LL COOL J, Daniela Ruah and Eric Christian Olsen will appear in a fall episode alongside their children. The mothers are flying in from all over the country and world, (Daniela Ruah’s mother lives in Portugal), to appear in a scene that was hand-picked by Executive Producer Shane Brennan.
Susan

Last edited:
Shane Bennan is developing a spin-off of NCIS: LA and while I love NCIS: LA (can't stand NCIS though :lol:) I don't think I'm really for this. There used to be 3 CSI's and now there's only 2. NCIS itself was a spin-off of JAG which isn't around any more. The Criminal Minds spin-off didn't last all that long. I think it just shows a lack of imagination in being able to develop new shows.

NCIS: LA Two-Parter to Set Up Possible Spin-Off

The as-yet-untitled offshoot will first be glimpsed as a two-part episode of NCIS: LA airing later this season — making it a “planted pilot,” as NCIS: LA itself was — and follow a mobile team of agents who live and work together as they cross the country solving crimes. (If it doesn’t wind up called NCIS: Mobile or NCIS: Criminal Minds, I’ll eat my hat.)

I'm all for the spinoff. Shane Brennen is one of the best and most underappreciated TV producers in the business today, and I'm all for anything that would give him a chance to produce another show. It can't be any worse than the crap that is constantly cranked out by the horrible hack, Shonda Rhymes. The key for the show is that the stories will have to be unique and they need to hire a cast with great chemistry. I've already seen it speculated on another site, but I would love for this to be the vehicle that gets Josh Holloway to return to TV.

I'm all for the spinoff. Shane Brennen is one of the best and most underappreciated TV producers in the business today, and I'm all for anything that would give him a chance to produce another show. It can't be any worse than the crap that is constantly cranked out by the horrible hack, Shonda Rhymes. The key for the show is that the stories will have to be unique and they need to hire a cast with great chemistry. I've already seen it speculated on another site, but I would love for this to be the vehicle that gets Josh Holloway to return to TV.
I don't watch either of the NCIS', but for Josh Holloway I would watch the new one. :)

'NCIS: LA' scoop: Peter Cambor to return -- EXCLUSIVE

Nate’s back!

EW has learned exclusively that Peter Cambor, who plays operational psychologist Nate Getz on NCIS: LA, is set to return as a guest star for a February episode that will take him undercover with Hetty (Linda Hunt).

“This episode is a must-see for fans of both Nate and Hetty,” executive producer Shane Brennan says. “Not only do we get to have Nate guest in the episode, but we get to see him go undercover with Hetty. It’s one of the most memorable, funny undercover operations we’ve done on the series.”

Cambor, who currently appears on the TBS series Wedding Band, was a series regular on NCIS: LA‘s first season and has appeared on the show a number of times since then as a guest star.

I don't know how I feel about a spinoff. At least Donald P. Bellisario can't sue Shane Brennan for it. :p For years, I was angry that DPB had spun off NCIS from JAG and vowed never to watch the new show (I watched of course, the 2 episodes Mark was in on JAG that officially started the spinoff). I came to NCIS very late (multiple marathons on USA Network finally broke me down and I caved in). Caught up with all the seasons, and now love it, along with the LA version.

Everything doesn't need a spinoff. And just because it's coming from a very popular and good-ratings show, doesn't mean the spinoff will be a success. Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior totally crashed and bombed. I'd give it a chance of course, but I'm conflicted. :)

Shane Brennan is one of the most talented and underrated producers in TV, and I welcome the spinoff if it means our getting another show from him. Another thing to keep in mind is spinoffs sometimes are actually completely different projects that the net would like to greenlight, but they want to develop it as a spinoff to insure the best possible chance for its success. Knots Landing is a perfect example. The script sat on some CBS exec's desk for several years before Dallas became a success. At that point, CBS asked the writers to rewrite the script to introduce the character of Gary and Valeen Ewing, and the rest as they say is history. For some reason, I'm thinking the NCIS spinoff may be a similar project as its premise is so totally different than the other two shows.

I'll give this spinoff as much of a chance as I did NCIS LA.
I just hope that SB can split his time effectively and that LA won't suffer for this new spinoff.

AN INVESTIGATION LEADS THE NCIS: LA TEAM ON THE TRAIL OF A FORMER TERRORIST GROUP AND SENDS KENSI AND DEEKS INTO THE WOODS ON "NCIS: LOS ANGELES," TUESDAY, FEB. 19

"History" – An NCIS: LA investigation leads the team to question a lone survivor of a former terrorist organization, while Kensi and Deeks follow the trail into the woods, on NCIS: LOS ANGELES, Tuesday, Feb. 19 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Chris O'Donnell (NCIS Special Agent G. Callen)
LL COOL J (NCIS Special Agent Sam Hanna)
Linda Hunt (Henrietta "Hetty" Lange)
Daniela Ruah (NCIS Special Agent Kensi Blye)
Eric Christian Olsen (LAPD Detective Marty Deeks)
Barrett Foa (Tech Operator Eric Beale)
Renée Felice Smith (NCIS Intelligence Analyst Nell Jones)

GUEST CAST:
Richard Cox (Dr. Roy Hale)
Sylva Kelegian (Leah Dewhurst)
Jared Hillman (David Thompson)
Hartley Sawyer (Alan Sanderson)
Tim deZarn (Jim Mullins)
Ciera Payton (Ellen)
Regan Burns (Brad Ross)
Landon Ashworth (Jeff)

WRITTEN BY: Scott Sullivan
DIRECTED BY: James Whitmore, Jr.

AN INVESTIGATION LEADS THE NCIS: LA TEAM ON THE TRAIL OF A FORMER TERRORIST GROUP AND SENDS KENSI AND DEEKS INTO THE WOODS ON "NCIS: LOS ANGELES," TUESDAY, FEB. 19

"History" – An NCIS: LA investigation leads the team to question a lone survivor of a former terrorist organization, while Kensi and Deeks follow the trail into the woods, on NCIS: LOS ANGELES, Tuesday, Feb. 19 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Chris O'Donnell (NCIS Special Agent G. Callen)
LL COOL J (NCIS Special Agent Sam Hanna)
Linda Hunt (Henrietta "Hetty" Lange)
Daniela Ruah (NCIS Special Agent Kensi Blye)
Eric Christian Olsen (LAPD Detective Marty Deeks)
Barrett Foa (Tech Operator Eric Beale)
Renée Felice Smith (NCIS Intelligence Analyst Nell Jones)

GUEST CAST:
Richard Cox (Dr. Roy Hale)
Sylva Kelegian (Leah Dewhurst)
Jared Hillman (David Thompson)
Hartley Sawyer (Alan Sanderson)
Tim deZarn (Jim Mullins)
Ciera Payton (Ellen)
Regan Burns (Brad Ross)
Landon Ashworth (Jeff)

WRITTEN BY: Scott Sullivan
DIRECTED BY: James Whitmore, Jr.

Back