NCIS: Los Angeles

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by E/C Lover, Jun 26, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Hetty playing that game and taking out Eric's character before he could do anything was funny. And then the guys having to take his xbox away. Poor Eric. LOL.

So, we get a repeat this week. :( Hopefully it'll be new again next week.

2. GregNickRyanFan

It was great seeing Nate again. Him calling Nell out on her feelings for Eric was cute. Loved Deeks reacting to Nell and Kensi spending time together off work.

It looks like we may get a repeat next week, even though the regular NCIS is supposed to be new.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Loved seeing Nate again. It is always enjoyable having him come back. It's just the way he gets along with the team. :) (Loved that I got my HD back Tuesday afternoon!)

TV Line 2012 Season Finales: NCIS: LA

Susan

4. GregNickRyanFan

Significant fatality could mean anything though. It could mean its significant for one of the characters in that it's a relative of theirs. If that's the case it would most likely mean Kensi's mom or Sam's wife/daughter. Or it could mean its a recurring character like Grainger. It better not be Eric or Deeks though. I'm pretty sure it won't be Callen. And I hope its not Nate either.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Loved to see Nate too. Meh, why he had to leave, I really liked him. But no coming back since they have quite a plenty of characters now.

6. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

We've just had Blye, K., I and II over here in the UK and I have to say, I was blown away. Brilliant storyline, brilliant on-screen dynamics, brilliant acting. Daniela Ruah was superb.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Deeks saying "My aunt Hetty definitely warned me about her" was funny.

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It should be made illegal to end a 2-hour season finale with the words "To Be Continued"! That said, I thought it was a good, high energy episode.

I knew Callen was going to shoot The Chameleon sooner or later. I just wonder if it wasn't some sort of set-up somehow. Everything was just too convient - the tv camera, the police arrival.

Hunter's death was a surprise. I'd managed to forget about her once she wasn't on screen each week. :alienblush:

:shifty: I just can't help but to think that Callen and Hetty have something up their sleeves! :shifty:

(Anybody know the contract situations for anybody on the show?)

Susan

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Note: I am reposting some of my comment from another thread...

May I just say in a rare moment I got to watch this (rare meaning that baseball was on earlier lol) and that was the coolist and cruelist way to end the season. I mean seriously two hours and a TBC?

But my thought that came to mind is this, what is with blowing people up, how about something a little more gathering around and just I don't know... heck ship them to Palmers wedding party lol. BTW I wonder if the Assist Director wasn't alluding to what happened on NCIS when he said he had an emergency, course I missed part of it due to sound but just wondering. Anyhow, these poor characters better have very good medical insurance lol. :lol: and in Callens case lawyer though at the rate he is with identities he could pose as a guard and just let himself out for work and back in at the end of the day lmao. :D :wtf:

Hopefully I will soon get the tv as I hope to have the second one ready soon, I just need to get the equipment for it. Then I can just watch all the repeats. Which I don't mind because everytime you rewatch an episode (20-30 times) you almost always see something you didn't catch or forgot about the previous times, or your were interruped during.

10. GregNickRyanFan

I too forgot about Hunter and never thought about her when the news of a "significant death" was told in the spoilers. I didn't like the way she did the "ghost" scene though. It seemed kind of forced or something. It was kind of a goofy scene anyway... like something you'd see on a daytime soap or something lol.

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

To me it just felt like terrible acting and was painful to watch.

12. Ducky

Yeah, there was some serious explosions in both NCIS. There's something, there is smething they are planning.

I still love Hetty.

Well, both NCISs ended the way that I cannot wait to see the first episode of the next season. Are we getting cast changes? How they'll work this out, no, not my Hetty going away. Tho I was bit surprised that there was no much referring to NCIS episode.

But one thing I've always wondered with American cop shows- how on earth they shoot so badly? And why they n ever shoot to leg or arm? Always to kill.

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Because an arm or a leg are much smaller targets than a torso. A cop/detective/agent trying to stop a perp is always going to be trained to aim for the centre mass, because they're more likely to hit it, and even if it's not a kill shot, it'll certainly slow the bad guy down.
    (the down side is, that if your target is wearing body armour/bulletproof vest, then it might not kill them outright, but again, it'll slow them down)

14. Ducky

Even they'd shoot to torso, they are still very bad shooter (hey, i'll shoot whole mag to that car he's hiding behind!)

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I guess maybe it also has to do with the fact that they sometimes don't want to shoot to kill, unless deadly force is necessary, they usually want the person alive to talk and close the case.

I am not sure they are bad shots, but rather going for the parts like mentioned that will slow them down but not kill them outright. Also mentioned a vest could do that if they were wearing one.

Also as my relatives would say to the "why are they bad shots?" Because it was in the script lol. :D

One thing I would love to know about this last ep, How in the world do the local police not back off after federal agents id themselves while waving credentials and yelling back off that Callen was also a fed NCIS agent. I get they were in their territory if you will, but it was an NCIS federal matter. Actually those cops should have backed down while they provide backup if so needed. then when he was taken into custody it was by the locals, not federal, as the guy he shot was in federal custody. That was my only problem with it, the whole Federal vs local crap. I may have to go back and re-watch it sometime to see what I might have missed.