NCIS: Los Angeles

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by E/C Lover, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I'm hoping the show will turn out to be half as good as NCIS. I just got into the show about a month ago and just started the third season.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay, I really like NCIS what I've watched but I always forget it because, doh, it's on Saturdaynights and it has kept changing timeslots. And I swear, it has the best theme ATM.

So this I try to watch from the beginning... but erm... I have little problem to adjust to Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J... srsly folks? :lol: :lol:

I guess they wanted to make sure people know it's sister show to NCIS :p
    But so? CSI has done with the name, Law & Order has done it... thank god it is name that our channels won't even try to translate ;)

3. heartcore

heartcore Prime Suspect

oh, i knoe nearly every actor, haha :D
    cant wait till its on here!

4. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Here is the press release of the second episode of NCIS:Los Angeles:D

SPECIAL AGENT SAM HANNA IS CONFLICTED WHEN THE MURDER OF A DRUG DEALER IS LINKED TO HIS FORMER NAVY SEAL COMRADES, ON "NCIS: LOS ANGELES," TUESDAY, SEPT. 29

"The Only Easy Day" - A case involving the murder of a drug dealer turns personal for Special Agent Sam Hanna when he discovers his former Navy Seal comrades are involved, on NCIS: LOS ANGELES, Tuesday, Sept. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    NCIS Special Agent G. Callen............................... Chris O'Donnell
    NCIS Special Agent Sam Hanna................................. LL COOL J
    Henrietta "Hetty" Lange........................................... Linda Hunt
    Operational Psychologist Nate Getz.................................. Peter Cambor
    NCIS Special Agent Kensi Blye ............................... Daniela Ruah
    NCIS Special Agent Dominic Vail .................... Adam Jamal Craig

RECURRING CAST:
    Tech Operator Eric Beal.............................Barrett Foa

GUEST CAST:
    LAPD Detective Douglas Grozen.......................... Rod Rowland
    Navy Seal Morris Raspen............................... Brian Gross
    Navy Seal Gail Ramirez................................. Seidy Lopez
    Waitress.............................. Whitney Anderson
    Heather..................................... Kinga Philipps
    Sheriff............................................ Barry Levy
    Kurt Holgate.............................. Matt Battaglia
    Rose............................. Kathleen Rose Perkins
    LAPD Detective Mekowitz.........................Albert Garcia

DIRECTED BY: Terrence O'Hara
    WRITTEN BY: R. Scott Gemmill

Source: CBS

5. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay so I watched the episode. Not bad... but, am I the only one that figured everything out before the investigators did? :lol:

As soon as I saw the pic of the girl in the guy's apartment, I knew the niece had been taken. As soon as the girl's dad called the girl's mother, I knew he was involved. Oh the Kensi/Callen hug was cute. And later when he told her goodnight, she kind of blew him a kiss. :adore: I loved the boss lady covering Callen up with the blanket. And the thing about him saying she's never called him G and she said it's not a name, it's a letter and asks what it stands for and him replying that he doesn't know cause no one told him... loved it. :)

Sam says he knows some guy and G says something and Sam says: "we didn't date if that's what you mean" and G says "good. I'd hate to think you were cheating on me." :guffaw:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  7. Noel_687

Noel_687 Dead on Arrival

Was kinda disappointed in it... an am I the only who almost cried when they shot out the windows on the dodge challenger?

8. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I liked it, but I agree with Noel_687 that it was a bit disapointing.

I liked the overall feel of the pilot eps of NCIS better. I thought they had a more gritty, urban feel, with some interesting technology at the heart of them.

This, it had more of a "California Quaint" type of feel to it, IMO. There wasn't as much technology involved as there was in the two pilots.

I did love the banter between the characters, especially Callen and Sam. That was really fun.

I was also wondering what was up with the Hetty Character.

I know Louise Lombard had opted out, but I thought she would have been So much better. It was a bit disappointing that she wasn't even mentioned in the ep. Especially 'cause it looked like she had been with the team a long time, and there was some serious chemistry going on there with everyone.

IIRC, in the main credits, Linda Hunt was listed as recurring. Does that mean she's going to be gone after awhile?

Overall grade, B-. I want to see where it's going from here, so I'll definitely keep watching.

9. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

I was trying to watch this... but my evil friend kept calling me in the middle of it:( so i have to try to watch it again on the computer :D but from what i seen, it looks amazing

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

This was a pretty good kick off. :D

I love the relationship that Sam and Callen have. It's so great. And I can't wait to see this develop further.

The entire team seems to have a great chemistry together. Loved Nate asking if he could carry a gun when he and Kensi were going to interview the sister. So adorable. And I love that Kensi kinda swats Eric in the stomach as she passes him the first time Vance calls in.

Hetty's awesome. I'm curious, though. Does Callen really not know his first name, or was that a joke? Because the way he said that line made it seem like he was being serious... I love that she covered him up with a blanket... that was kind of cute.

I can't wait to see more of this show. :D

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Some article I read about the series said that Callen really doesn't know what the G stands for, so he was telling Hetty the truth.

I love Sam and Callen's friendship. It kind of reminds me of Nick and Warrick's friendship dynamic, which I really miss.

The conversation between Sam and Callen shown in the previews reminds me of the scene in an early CSI ep where there was that death on the plane and the team was role-playing as the people on the plane and Warrick and Nick played that married couple... and were calling each other "buttercup" and stuff. :guffaw:

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I enjoyed this. It seemed lighter in tone than NCIS, or maybe it was just compared to the S7 premiere.
    Love the interactions between G. and Sam! Loved Linda Hunt. (If I wasn't shipping G and Sam, I'd totally be shipping Sam and Hetty!)

So the rest of the team are Kensi, Nate (pychologist), Eric (?)(tech guy) and Dominic (fountain of useless information)?

13. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

I am glad to hear that most of you really liked it ;) I really enjoyed and i have to agree with you GNRF the callen and kensi scenes you both named where adorable and the part that made me laugh was when everyone looked at kensi to go with the grieving lady;)

And some little info on the 3 episode

WHILE SEARCHING FOR THE KILLER OF A DEFENSE CONTRACTOR, CALLEN AND HIS TEAM UNCOVER A SUSPECT FROM DIRECTOR VANCE'S PAST, ON "NCIS: LOS ANGELES," TUESDAY, OCT. 6

"Killshot" - When a United States citizen of North Korean descent is murdered, the secrets to classified software are thought to be lost until NCIS uncovers a suspect from Director Vance's past, on NCIS: LOS ANGELES, Tuesday, Oct. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    NCIS Special Agent G. Callen............................... Chris O'Donnell
    NCIS Special Agent Sam Hanna................................. LL COOL J
    Henrietta "Hetty" Lange........................................... Linda Hunt
    Operational Psychologist Nate Getz.................................. Peter Cambor
    NCIS Special Agent Kensi Blye ............................... Daniela Ruah
    NCIS Special Agent Dominic Vail .................... Adam Jamal Craig

RECURRING CAST:
    NCIS Director Leon Vance......................Rocky Carroll
    Tech Operator Eric Beal.............................Barrett Foa
    Forensic Scientist Abby Sciuto......................Pauley Perrette

GUEST CAST:
    Lee Wuan Kai................................... Kelly Hu
    Jimmy Su......................................... Kelvin Yu
    Aimee Su.............................. Kathleen Munroe
    Frank Davis........................... Michael Ornstein

DIRECTED BY: David Barrett
    WRITTEN BY: Shane Brennan

Source: CBS

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Erm... boring :rolleyes: Of course I've watched lots of NCIS lately but still... boring. But I try to watch more episodes. Like with all shows, sometimes they just try too hard in the beginning :p

I was bit amazed (never really read that carefully) that this isn't created by Bellisario. I think it's just plain odd. But he has given probably his blessing to spinnoff.. still strange.

I guess this will end up to fight "original is btter" and then the problem that it's too different to be good but on the other hand, rather something different than total copy of the other show :D

Edit: E/C lover? Perhaps spoilercode since those are upcoming episodes? Or if one of our lovely mods could add **possible spoilers** to thread. THanks :D

15. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Well we'll see with what plots they'll come up in the future ,but I confess I watch crappy plots as long as I like the team ^^.

Missed it a little that they let Mace go without so much as a word about her after giving her character a status and connection to her team that reminds me of Gibbs ...

Love Hetty , hope for a little more depth and screen time for her chara over time.

Great Sam and G dynamic (and yeah they totally got me ...but hey I'm not the only shipper riiight ? :p ). Was a little wierd at first seeing G as "boss" ,it's like Tony getting his own team *g*

Ok I'm sometimes really shallow but the new kid reminded me of Gus and a little bit Reid with his book geekyness ;)
    I think I just like the whole team ...loved Nate's line about getting a gun .