NASCAR

congrats to tony...and as for dale jr, what a race, the right front fender being gone and all, i turned on the race late and when i first saw the car, i was like "what in the world", but still a strong finish

A belated congrats to Tony! I'm glad there was no controversy in this race--as apposed to last week--and to the most part it was clean.

Also, poor Bobby climbs out again before the race is over. I guess the Petty guys are just going through trial and error right now. Hope things look better at Texas.

WHOOP! Jimmie is back in the points lead! :cool:

Yeah! I'm back. I missed my NASCAR friends.

It was weird. I got to watch Bristol live in Australia. It was Monday morning at 7 am, but it was LIVE. I loved it. I got a NASCAR fix!

Congrats to Kasey Kahne for his win yesterday!

Congrats to Kasey! :D I was so happy for him!!

I was sad for Brian Vickers and Elliott Sadler though, both had their motors break.

And...it was great to see Bobby Labonte get another top 10 finish! Shame about Kyle though, who also had an engine failure.

A big congrats to Kasey. I was actually looking for Tony to win so we could see Darrel Waltrip climb the fence--teh, yeah right. :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad Jimmie has maintained the points lead even if it is by a thread. I've been talking about Bobby ever since he got that awesome finish. I'd be like, "Could you pass the potatoes...and did you know Bobby Labonte got a top ten?" :lol:

I did want Kyle to finish good especially after his brothers fawesome win but as he said, "This track can't seem to take both of us Busch brothers this weekend."

I can't resist any longer. Jimmie won! :lol:

I didn't get to watch the race on Monday, our cable went out, so I had to result to listening to it on a local radio station. I actually got a lot of my stuff unpacked while listening to it. Of course, I had to keep my dog from barking everytime there was a 'whirring' sound. I think she finally got used to hearing it on the TV but obviously needs to adapt to the radio.

I am still on loan in Florida, working at a hotel about 25 miles from the Daytona Speedway, trying to sell the remaining rooms at overinflated prices. Tomorrow night is the Winn Dixie 250, followed by the Pepsi 400 on Saturday night. (Weather permitting.) Hey, you. I see you doing that rain dance. Now quit that. It should have been Nascar that came up with that line "Let's get ready to rummmmmmmble."

Dynamo1 said:
I am still on loan in Florida, working at a hotel about 25 miles from the Daytona Speedway, trying to sell the remaining rooms at overinflated prices. Tomorrow night is the Winn Dixie 250, followed by the Pepsi 400 on Saturday night. (Weather permitting.) Hey, you. I see you doing that rain dance. Now quit that. It should have been Nascar that came up with that line "Let's get ready to rummmmmmmble."

:lol: If you're talking to me, that's a 'no-rain' dance I'm doing. Or at the very least it's a 'please let the rain hold of until after the race' dance. :p

While rain delay coverage on tv can be quite entertaining to watch sometimes, I'd much rather watch the race. ;)

ETA: Hummer...I second your congrats to Jeff! :D

Rain coverage can interesting to watch and the driver interviews are insightful yet I do agree the race coverage is better. :)

My husband and I were discussing things we do to elaborate on the 'how bad have you got it?' slogan. So I was wondering what everyone else does that shows that you've got the Nascar bug?

Earnhardt dominates at Busch Series Winn-Dixie 250
June 30, 2006

DAYTONA, FLORIDA (TICKER) -- After toying with the field early, Dale Earnhardt Jr. showed why he is a two-time Busch Series champion.

Earnhardt led the final 88 laps of Friday's Winn-Dixie 250 to capture the checkered flag at Daytona International Speedway.

The series champ in both 1998 and 1999, Earnhardt grabbed the lead on the 16th lap and never let go, despite developing a flat tire on lap 95. With his 21st career series win, Earnhardt tied his late father and Harry Gant for seventh on the all-time list.

Back