My First CSI story. CSI: Own Risk

The noise of the police cars has died off into the distance. Some of the people standing outside behind the crime scene tape have returned to their homes and gone to bed. There are only a handful of people left watching the police officers standing at the edge of the tape. Homicide Dectective Jim Brass finishes taking the last person's statement writing down notes into his little notepad. He turns round looking over at the CSI Land Rover. He turns round putting his notepad into his inside jacket pocket and begins to head towards the front door of the crime scene. It had been at least 20 minutes since Warrick had come out to see how he was doing. As Jim Brass thought back he didn't remember either CSI coming out to collect more equipment or to bring evidence out to the Land Rover. Dectective Jim Brass gets to the open door and looks into the living room. There is no sound just silence. Jim Brass heads inside the building and begins to walk down towards the kitchen and dinning room. He calls out.

JIM BRASS: Hey Warrick!

Silence. He stops for a second in the middle of the corridor.

JIM BRASS: Hey Sanders!

Still just silence. Jim Brass quickly reaches back pulling his Beretta out of his holster. He pulls out a small torch and lifting his Beretta up puts the torch next to it. He shouts back down the corridor.

JIM BRASS: Hey sergeant get in here!

Another police officer comes through the front doorway and seeing Jim Brass with his weapon drawn draws his own. The officer steps up behind Jim Brass. Brass carefully but quickly moves down the side of the corridor. They both swing their weapons round into the room. The room is empty apart from the dead body from the call out. Jim Brass calls out again as he enters the room with the police officer.

JIM BRASS: Warrick! Sanders!

The police officer takes the left side of the room going round the dinning room table and skirting the room. Jim Brass takes the right hand side of the room moving round the counter into the kitchen. The whole area is empty. The sergeant turns to Jim Brass.

SERGEANT: Clear!

Suddenly there is thud from behind the door that leads into the corridor. Jim Brass instantly lifts his weapon stepping towards the door with the sergeant closely following him. The sergeant reaches for the handle of the door as Jim Brass nods. He pulls the door open to show a closet, then he grabs the handle again as Jim Brass aims his weapon for chest height. The sergeant pulls the door open on Jim Brass's nod. Suddenly a baseball bat drops out the closet to the floor. Jim Brass turns to the officer.

JIM BRASS: Clear!

Jim Brass puts his weapon away and turns round pulling his radio off his belt. He lifts it to his mouth.

JIM BRASS: Dispatch... We have two CSI's missing at the crest grove complex! I repeat! We have two CSI's missing at the crest grove complex! Send back up!

Jim Brass glanced down at the floor. He see's a pool of blood on the floor a few feet away from the body. He thinks back to when he entered the scene and it wasen't there. He lifts the radio up again.

JIM BRASS: Dispatch one of the CSI's possibly injured! Damn it! Get me Gil Grissom!

Jim Brass puts the radio back on his belt and turns heading out the room into the corridor. He walks out the building to the officers nearby.

JIM BRASS: I want a full inside check of that house. But no one and I repeat no one set foot in the Dining hall and Kitchen. Also give me a perimeter check too! Now!

The police officers turn away and begin heading round the sides of the house. Jim Brass looks out into the road infront of him. Where the hell was Warrick and Sanders?

Very police set right down to the ball bat catching them and the set of how worried Brass is. Keeping with details to the point that Brass called for backup going into the house. Keep up with the direction you are going.

Though and you might be addressing this, the only thing that caught my attention, is that earlier Warrick yelled out to Brass, but couldn't be heard, on the show they use those phones types that are like radio's why wouldn't warrick use that? Again you may be addressing that but its just something that caught my attention. ;)

Excellent chapter, and like I've said before, I can't wait for more of the story.

I could really feel the intensity of the situation, you wrote the suspense really well and it kept my attention all the way through. Keep up the great work, and hopefully you'll have more for us soon. ;)

This is amazing so far. It's extremely well written.
Oh and I know where Warrick and Greg are, I'm hiding them.

Hehe, just kidding.

Great story! You've got the characters right, and it's in-keeping with the show. Well done, write more soon.

Though and you might be addressing this, the only thing that caught my attention, is that earlier Warrick yelled out to Brass, but couldn't be heard, on the show they use those phones types that are like radio's why wouldn't warrick use that? Again you may be addressing that but its just something that caught my attention.

I agree with D, it also caught my attention...Anyway i love your story and you are doing great so far, keep writing!:!!

Sissi ;)

There are at least 10 police patrol cars all outside the small building. There is a gap larger than a car with police officers ushering a black Land Rover through. The black Land Rover pulls to a stop as Jim Brass heads over to it. The Passenger door opens and out steps Gil Grissom. He is still wearing the same as before however now he has a dark blue CSI jacket on. His face a neutral expression. He quickly turns round reaching back into the LandRover and pulls of his silver CSI kit.
The driver's door opens and out steps Nick Stokes. He is wearing everything he was before however now he has a sleeveless CSI equipment jacket on. He too reaches into the back of the Land Rover and pulls out a silver CSI kit. Jim Brass quickly heads over to Grissom as Nick shouts over the hood of the Land Rover.

NICK STOKES: What the hell happened?

Nick Stokes quickly moves round the side of Land Rover and over to Brass and Grissom. Grissom has begun walking towards the doorway with Jim Brass and Nick Stokes along side him.

JIM BRASS: The two officers had not correctly searched the premises.
GIL GRISSOM: How long has it been since anyone last saw them?
JIM BRASS: About 40 minutes.
NICK STOKES: Well where are the two officers?
JIM BRASS: Over there standing by the patrol car. Am going to have a chat with them in a minute.

The three of them get to the doorway of the buidling. Grissom pulls out his little pen light and flicks it on as does Nick Stokes. Grissom crouches down and begins shinning the light along the floor. There is no shoe prints. He stops looking at the rug carpet. Meanwhile Nick is shinning his pen light round the sides of the door frame. There is no signs of forced entry. Grissom stands up.

GIL GRISSOM: Is there a back entrance to this building?
JIM BRASS: A back door that heads out into a small alleyway.
GIL GRISSOM: Nick. You take the back of the house once done come inside and we will process the crime scene.
NICK STOKES: Got it Gris.

Nick Stokes turns and heads round the side of the house. Gil Grissom turns to Jim Brass. Brass see's the look of concern in Grissom's eyes. He answers Grissom's question before Grissom even asks it.

JIM BRASS: There are three officers round the back of the building. The body is in the dinning room off to the left.

Grissom nods and heads inside shinning the small pen light over the front room. The T.V was still on. He walks through the front room hugging the wall heading towards the doorway on the left. He gets to the doorway with Jim Brass just behind him. Grissom see's the dead body laying on the floor. Grissom heads forward and over towards the body making a straight line for the body. He crouches down next to the body and looks at the wound on the back of the man's head. There are small fibres caught in the wound. Turning round he opens his case and takes out a pair of latex gloves putting them on then he reaches inside and gets his tweezers out. He carefully takes a couple of the fibres. Grissom puts the fibres in a small brown envelope. He turns spotting a bloody handprint on the table. He takes a swab out of his kit and wipes it lightly through the outer part of the edge of the hand print. Grissom clips the lid on the swab and puts it in his kit. He turns aiming his small light at the room. He spots the footprint on the floor outside the door. Jim Brass is next to the closet.

JIM BRASS: That blood pool wasen't there before Greg and Warrick went missing.

Gil Grissom shines his light over at the blood pool. He goes to step over to it when he spots something on the wall that makes him freeze. A partial hand print in blood. It is low down on the wall. Just then Nick Stokes steps round the edge of the doorway. He is wearing latex gloves and is holding a CSI sleeveless equipment jacket like his own. He holds it up to Grissom.

NICK STOKES: Grissom! I found this in the trash can out back!

Gil Grissom looks at the name on the jacket in Nick's hand. It says Sanders written on it. Nick then turns the jacket round to show Grissom the back. Round the neck part of the jacket there is blood.

A great chapter, showing the characters as professional and yet the underlying concern for their friends & Co workers. Also thank you for explaining the radio not being in the story, that explained alot and keeping with the heightened excitement of the story.

Where's the part about the radio not being there? I can't find it. Anyway, great work. Please update soon.

Another excellent chapter.

You have captured the characters very well, and as Destiny stated above, you showed the character's concern for their fellow CSIs and yet they remained professional. I really liked the detailed description of how Grissom was processing the scene. It was very much like the show, and very visual to the reader. The plot is exciting thus far, and I can't wait to read more. Hopefully you'll have another chapter up soon. :)

Back