Movies that Traumatized You!

:lol: When I was small I was also scared of the dog in the Cujo movie. Our neighbors used to have a Saint Benard and I was terrified to play in the back yard.

Jaws was the first film that traumatized me, never, ever been in the sea again further than my ankles!

I'm sure IT would traumatize me too but I havent got the guts to watch it. Read the book and that was bad enough. I just hate clowns, they just creep me out. *shudders*.

Ok, I hate to admit this, but - Wizard of Oz - hated the flying monkeys - still don't like monkeys at all - totally avoid the monkeys at the zoo.

And a movie they showed in grade school during fire week. It was about a house that started on fire because of a cigarette. The whole house burned, the whole family died and the last shot was of the family dog outside, with a "tear" streak on his face. My little sister and I spent hours devising ways we would get out of our room if the house caught on fire. I'm still not comfortable around fire.

There have really only been two movies that ever made an impression on me...

Arachnaphobia: It was my dad's idea to watch the movie and I had never considered myself afraid of spiders until then. Now, while I can at least tolerate being in the same as one, I always glance over the toilet before squattin' down. I don't know why, but that scene really creeped me out on so many different levels.

X-Files, The TV Show: Ok so not exactly a movie, but there was a particular episode where this girl looks out/opens her blinds and some guy takes a picture of her, and she later dies (I subsequently turned the channel there after, so I have no idea what the episode was even about). But for some reason that scared the crap out of me as a kid and for years I couldn't look outside when I shut my blinds at night. I turned my eyes every time and just closed them. It was my shameful secret for a very long time, lol.

Comte said:
Yurek said:
dito!

I've watched that movie in cinema on a big screen and when the girl in the closet was shown I totally jerked and screamed out loud. Luckily the cinema wasn't fully loaded. But that scene was so scary. And the second scene you've mentioned too. Since I've seen that movie I'm totally scared of movies that involves ghosts or murderes with long black hair. :lol: I couldn't sleep for over a week. And everytime I'm lying in my bed and suddenly I have to thing of this movie I imagine Samara crawling through my room up to my bed. :eek: I'm so loopy. :D

You're freaked by The Ring?
Oh boy,have you seen the original Japanese movie?
THAT would have scared you senseless..Believe me...
The Hollywood version was watered down,imho...Wasn't frightening as the original one...

*Asians have a knack for making truly,creepy spook films*

I've seen one of the 'The Ring'-movies. I think it's been 'Spiral', but it was so boring. ^^ That's the reason why I haven't seen the other parts yet.
And I don't want to watch them because I'd to watch them alone. My friend wouldn't join me.

I've seen the 'Freddy Krueger' movies very early. I think when I was 8 or 9 and I still watch them. One of my fave horror movies. :D

The original Exorcist creeped me out and so did the Hills Have Eyes. It was so nasty and I finished watching it at like 2 in the morning and I couldn't go to sleep so I put in the other movie I rented, Aquamarine, and I it cured it, but one of the monsters from the Hills Have Eyes was in it.

Other than that, I will keep on watching scary movies. I know they scare the hell out of me, but I can't help it. :rolleyes:

xanessa said:
Other than that, I will keep on watching scary movies. I know they scare the hell out of me, but I can't help it. :rolleyes:

^^ Me too, Cant let it anyway I love to see them and cant put it out when i am totaly scared or freak out by them.. :p

Well when I was a kid I watched Halloween and I had nightmares for weeks I would wake up and swear that Michael Myers was in my room! Recently though the\is French horror called 'Them' really got to me, for a few reasons.

Yurek I know what u mean bout the Asians having a knack for making scary movies, u ever see 'A Tale of Two Sisters' single scariest thing ever, saw it at the cinema and was up all night, my bf bought the dvd and I refuse outright to watch it again! :(

quoth_the_raven said:
Any movies that emotionally scarred and/or traumatized you for life? Bambi did a number on me, and the one movie that really messed me up...

A Nightmare on Elm Street.

*shudder*

OMG!! That is so funny!! Same here! Bambi did a number on me too!!...The first and last time I saw it was more than 20 years ago!! I was crying so hard when Bambi's mother was killed. That's one Disney movie I'm never going to see again, as in ever...Talk about being scarred and traumatized for life... :lol:

My Little Pony...didn't expect that, neither did I...

Actually I have no idea I seen so many movies in my life that its hard to point point where it all went down hill. Maybe to many Disney Movies, or the Brave Little Toster so I assume everything has is alive and has feelings.

Honestly, I don't think there has been a movie that has tramatized me, the only few movies that scared me to death were Jurrasic Park because I was sure Raptors were going to come and eat me while I was asleep. That and Stephen King's It, I hate clowns. Pennywise, we alllll float down here. No freaking way would I be sticking my hand down any gutters to get my little sailboat!!!

Babe II: Pig in the City. Have you ever seen it? It's horrible. The scene with the hanging dog? I'll never watch it again.

Under The Bed. I'm not sure what the title of this one really was but I saw it when I was a small child. This kid is standing next to his bed and something grabs him by the ankles pulling him under into this other world. To this day I can not stand next to a bed. I have to leap onto my bed from a few feet away...

"All Quiet on the Western Front"
An anti-war film, and I tell you, I had already read the book and still the film shocked me. If there's ever been a book or a film that shows the cruelty of war and the sufferings of those who survived, then it's definitely this one.

"Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo"
About a young girl that becomes a drug-addict and is destroyed by it. We watched it in school, and for the first time our teacher allowed us to leave, should we wish to do so because of some scenes. I stayed, but it was really shocking.

When I first saw Titanic I was really young and scarred the crap out of me! I saw it on Christmas day and that year I had asked for this 'glitter lamp' and when you turned it on it made ripples on the ceiling and it looked like water... well I put it in a cupboard and never got it out again!!

Back