More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ka990 said:
No chance of an interview with him, then Top? BTW, here's my nightmare scenario for Season 4. The general agreement seems to be at least from some posters that romance and CSI shows don't mix and Eddie was asked this in his last on-line chat a month or so ago. The cases should take priority not love lives, although a little character development would maybe inevitably include featuring a life outside the lab. Anyways, with that in mind, the show has tried to carry two relationships this season, the vomit-inducing Dinsey :( and Mac and Peyton. What better way of ending one relationship than by shipping the English character in that relationship back home, hence Peyton asking Mac to go to London with her? :rolleyes: I'm not usually a betting person but my money would be on only Mac coming back from London next season. If Peyton had suggested Mac go with her to anywhere other than London I may have thought otherwise - the fact Peyton is English and she's dragging Mac to London with her just fits too nicely, if you see what I mean. :(

Sadly, I could see that possibly happening, too, though Gary's role has really been amped up this year, probably at his own behest. I think it's good to show Mac with a love interest, and fans have responded to it. As with anything, there are opinions on both sides of the divide, but fans are far less split on Mac and Peyton than they are on Dindsay.

paigeS said:
It amazes me, how some of you here proclaim to know what Carmine is thinking, or feeling. Resigned to the fact! How do you get that out of his reply to the question from TV.Guide? It seems people from both sides are reading too much into it, those that dislike D/L are reading that he seems resigned, those that do like it are reading the opposite into it. IMO it is what it is. He didn't dodge the question, he answered it the only way he could, without giving to much away. Unless he out right states his opinion either way, I think its wrong to assume what he thinks of it.

True. It's impossible to tell tone, and as Carmine never seems to speak as to whether he likes the Dindsay pairing or not, it really is hard to say whether or not he likes the storyline. Given how vocal he is about his enthusiasm for Danny's relationship with Mac, working with Gary Sinise, the storyline with Tanglewood, etc. I think something can be inferred ;) , but ultimately it is supposition until Carmine says something definitive on it. I for one would love to hear his take on the storyline given that it's supplanted all the things that got him fired up about the role--Danny's hotheadedness, his complex relationship with Mac, his past, etc.

And lets face it the D/L shippers seem to be the majority. It doesn't seem to have caused a major split with fans like GSR, because from what I have seen, most people seem to like it. This site is the only site I have seen where there seems to be a major dislike for it.

I disagree strongly with this assertion--I've seen negative commentary on it at both the Television Without Pity and IMDb fora. I'd argue that it's much more like GSR than say the Calleigh/Delko pairing is, which does seem to be accepted by most Miami fans. "Dindsay" divides people just as much as GSR does.

And even then, it seems like there is not that many fans against it. Its just the same people posting the same arguments over and over again.

I'd say the same is true for people who like it, here and elsewhere. ;) I've also noticed a lot of people posting about their dislike or indifference to Lindsay and "Dindsay" (interesting how Danny's name is swallowed up by the pairing, just like his character is--Michael Ausiello, have I told you today how much I love you? ;) )

IMO, TV Guide asking that question in the first place, proves to me at least, that its a storyline that invokes discussion. They obviously asked the question because thats the question most fans wanted to know the answer to, whether for or against, makes no difference. Its a talking point. The fact that people here are still talking about it over a week and a half after the episode has aired proves that. Do you think that TPTB would be stupid enough and drop the storyline, some how I don't think so. Why would you drop something that IMO seems to be the major thing that people want to discuss about the show. Of all the spoilers given by Ask Ausiello and Kirsten this season, only one or two didn't relate to D/L. It seems to be the most questions relating to the show asked of the producers are D/L related ones, same goes for the actors. Even by this site. Eddie was asked the two times he was interviewed this year, and also Hill was asked. Carmine and AZ were asked in Carmines interview with TV guide back in August, heck the question under CG's name on the cover related to D/L. Pam Veasey was also asked in the September issue, and AB was asked in the December issue. The storyline is bringing the show publicity, in the eyes of TPTB thats a good thing.

No, that's absolutely true. It is bringing the show much needed publicity, and that just makes me wish they'd cast Lindsay better, and put a little more thought into the chemistry between Danny and Lindsay before pairing them up.

In regards to Danny's character, I found season 1 Danny highly annoying. He was the stereotypical, loud mouth, hot headed Italian cop, thats been done so many times on TV I've lost count. I think TPTB have done a good job of making him a more rounded character, more three dimensional, someone people can relate to.

Finding him annoying is of course a valid opinion, but I disagree that he was in any way stereotypical. He was far too vulnerable to be the typical tough guy, far too self-sabotaging to be the typical ambitious guy, far too insecure to convince us that he was anywhere near as tough as he wanted to be. I thought the writers did a great job of showing that he was a complicated, damaged character, and I loved that complexity. I enjoyed loving the character but sometimes finding him downright frustrating. He was real, not this overly sweet doormat the writers have turned him into so that he can be Lindsay's Perfect Boyfriend.

Most of the changes I have seen with Danny come with maturity, something you would expect to happen to a man of his age.

:lol: Hon, if they aren't grown up by 30, they never will be. :lol:

I think a lot of people here use Lindsay as a scape goat, because you don't like the changes, it seems in your eyes Danny never does anything wrong, its always someone else's fault never his.

Actually my problems with Lindsay go far beyond what the writers have done to Danny's character, but yes, I do think it's a shame the writers have changed a dynamic character to meet the needs of a pallid one.

Danny made the decision to trade shifts with Lindsay, she never asked him to, and as for Lindsay making it all about herself, what I saw was a normal reaction. She should have been there not him, what would people here have said if she had said nothing.

Personally I think she should have made him sit down and called for EMS like Flack did, but she made it about herself. That's selfish, period.

And IMO having Lindsay ask Danny how he was would have came off looking ridiculous, it was pretty clear, by looking at him, and from memory Flack didn't ask him either.

Yeah, that would have been pretty absurd. But dragging Danny off so she could apologize was equally as obnoxious.

And to suggest that Danny blames Lindsay for what happened, is just plain silly, that would make Danny come off looking like an ass. And him saying "What are you sorry about", suggests to me the thought never even crossed his mind.

He won't--Danny lets the people he cares about treat him like dirt. It's not her fault--I haven't seen anyone arguing that--but her self-centeredness after he was rescued was disgusting.

And just to throw my two cents in about Eddies remark in the chat. Wasn't the question asked of him, What are your thoughts on Danny and Lindsay. Is it possible that he didn't know what you meant, I mean thats a pretty open question, could it be possible he thought were you asking as individual characters, or as a couple. Thats why it took him so long to answer, with What do you mean.

As one of the people who ran the chat--Eddie self-admittedly types slowly. We had a lot of technical difficulties that night. I wouldn't read anything into it one way or another.

And I also didn't read anything into his answer either, basically he was stating that Flack wouldn't have been as patient, and from what I interpret of Flack's character, that answer makes perfect sense.

Not for Flack was what I got out of that answer as well. Flack doesn't have the self-esteem problems Danny does. Given Danny and Flack's friendship, I'd love to see Flack express some concern about Danny getting hurt in the relationship, but that's up to the writers.

Being involved in this buisness and looking at it from a money making point of view, there is no way in heck, the D/L thing is over. From what I can tell it has hooked a lot of yonger viewers.

I've noticed that too.

I would hazard a guess the majority of the NY's viewers are under the age of 30 and women these are the very demographic the advertisers aim their ads at,and from what I can tell the very demographic that seem to have the biggest D/L shippers. Why would TPTB and CBS risk alienating them, especially when the show is up against Lost a show with a large 18/49 demographic. You see the CSI concept is entering its 8th season, viewers tastes have changed from eight years ago, there is a reason shows like Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives are hits, if CSI want to compete with shows like that they have to add more personal story lines and romance, romance hooks viewers, it can also make or break a show, and IMO dumping D/L would be the first nail in the coffin for NY, its really their only ongoing storyline, a storyline that has made the show appointment TV for some. But I can see them having bumps in the road, the whole thing is, they want viewers to root for them, now if they were together and happy and had no problems, viewers would get bored with it, just as they would get board with 5 years of URST. So unless one of the actors want out, I see it continuing. And I know a lot of you were hoping AB wanted off the show, IMO if that were the case, they would have killed Lindsay off in the season finale, they had the perfect opportunity do so.

If only, if only. ;) I think you're right, though--D/L is aimed at drawing in younger viewers. I'm not sure it worked, given NY sank in the ratings towards the end of the season, but that was the aim. If I had to guess at this point, Dindsay will be an on-and-off again thing--complete with love triangles and break ups and hook ups and getting back together and breaking up--until the show ends or until either Carmine or Anna leaves. Given the latter's rushed return to work a mere 3 and a half weeks after giving birth, we're probably stuck with Anna. Carmine would be a serious loss for the show, but I don't really see a guy who so enjoyed the meaty storylines his character was getting being satisfied with the love story being Danny's only development in seasons to come. Let's hope it at least gets shoved to the background now that it's been consummated.

IMO TPTB had the chance to dump D/L at the end of season 2, there was nothing that suggested any more than friendship, apart from Sids comment.

The ball was set in motion pretty early in season 2 (Anna and Carmine bumping into each other was apparently considered chemistry :lol: ). They could have turned back, but it wasn't likely that they would have.

But they chose to turn it into something deeper, that to me suggests the feed back they were getting from their focus groups and the network was positive.

Oh, the network! Networks are always a great judge of quality. ;) The network wanted to appeal to a demographic. I don't have a ratings comparison from year to year, but they may have been successful. Demographics, however, don't make Dindsay a good choice creatively.

Honestly if you think they rely on forums like this alone, you are mistaken.

And here I thought they were taking our words verbatim. ;) Anyone who has any knowledge of the business or writing in general knows better than to assume anything written on a fan forum is taken with anything less than several grains of salt. ;) Writers have to go in the direction they--and the network ;) --feel is best for the show. But it would be foolish to discount fan feedback altogether--in the age of the internet, most writers do use it to measure, at least in part, the success or failure of a storyline. And I don't think it can be denied that fan opinion on Dindsay is decidedly split.

Top41 said:
ka990 said:
The general agreement seems to be at least from some posters that romance and CSI shows don't mix....
The cases should take priority not love lives, although a little character development would maybe inevitably include featuring a life outside the lab. Anyways, with that in mind, the show has tried to carry two relationships this season, the vomit-inducing Dinsey :( and Mac and Peyton. What better way of ending one relationship than by shipping the English character in that relationship back home, hence Peyton asking Mac to go to London with her? :rolleyes: I'm not usually a betting person but my money would be on only Mac coming back from London next season. If Peyton had suggested Mac go with her to anywhere other than London I may have thought otherwise - the fact Peyton is English and she's dragging Mac to London with her just fits too nicely, if you see what I mean. :(

Sadly, I could see that possibly happening, too, though Gary's role has really been amped up this year, probably at his own behest. I think it's good to show Mac with a love interest, and fans have responded to it. As with anything, there are opinions on both sides of the divide, but fans are far less split on Mac and Peyton than they are on Dindsay.

Christ I hope not. I'll hold onto the words "I'm speaking at a pathologist conference..." (ie. a contained limited event) and pretend they won't be turned into "and they've asked me to stay on here..." Her back-story had her returning to the ME's office becuase academia was not exciting enough - why would she leave now? Can't get much more exciting than New York or the events seen in Snow Day...

I'd MUCH rather they take the opportunity to dig into the mystery Irish ex-terrorist-mercenary that was involved in the FBI agent's murder... Start the season off with another bang, so to speak, start in London... :cool:

Writers and producers have been known to play silly buggers, mind you, so if Gary has become more involved, let's hope he can hold sway to the betterment of the show.

As for Gary's role being amped up, I'm wondering now if there was a planned arc for his character over multiple seasons? He was so careful about signing on to do a long-term series; apparently one BIG issue for him was that there had to be some way for the characters and show to evolve over the seasons (writing improvements, cast changes, and production design tweaking notwithstanding). It was a carefully planned and written character evolution for Mac, as opposed to a chance "bumping" event for Dantana in the lab. :p Zuiker himself earlier this season stated that the immediate response to Mac & Peyton was tremendous. I'll fill in my hope here that it means they'd think very carefully about jettisoning this particular pairing, and also hopefully not abusing it for ratings (as it seems they are happy to do with D/L). [There was no specific comment from him about D/L or it's response that I recall at the time].

I do agree that S4 should get the storylines focused back onto the caseloads the team works on, but as was said, a little personal interaction hinted at here and there is not unwelcome, especially when handled well. :D

Disclaimer: The following may sound harsh but is not meant to be that way. Blah blah blah, I'm just sharing my opinion.

Ok, my eyes sort of glazed over most of your post, paigeS, so I missed large chunks of it. But anyway:

-If D/L is what's supposed to draw in the 18-49 demographic, it's not doing enough to push the show past "Lost" in that area. :rolleyes:

-I don't give two s**ts what people on other message boards think. They aren't here, I'm not there, I don't care. I know that there are a lot of people who are on 4 or 5 message boards--do their opinions count 4 or 5 times? :rolleyes: I also don't really care if I'm in the minority--I don't like something, I'll say that I don't like it. I'm on a message board for the same reason that anybody is on a message board--I'm sharing my opinion and having conversations with other fans. Who cares if the whole rest of teh intranetz disagrees with me? That doesn't make my opinion any less valid, nor does it make me think I should cease and desist sharing that opinion. Basically, you're stuck with me. Period.

-I don't think the show-runners are looking at fan forums for the majority of their feedback and ideas--this one or any other, regardless of the general opinion about Danny/Lindsay or anything else. I don't come here to give feedback to the show writers--I come here to interact with other fans.

paigeS said:
There can be arguments made against all the characters in the final, why did Flack, Danny and Lindsay, not seem to care about Adam, he seemed forgotten, why didn't Adam help Danny take down the hostage takers, why didn't Mac ask about Danny and Adam.
And if you read every post about the finale, you would see MORE than a few people talking about that stuff. As an Adam fan, you can bet your ass that I commented about the lack of attention toward Adam at the end of the episode.

I think that most people continue to discuss D/L rather than these other things because, when it comes to season 4, that's what is going to make or break it for a lot of people. If 'yes, no, yes, no' and screwing on the pool table after getting drunk is considered the wonderful, twu wub progression of that relationship--forgive me if I fail to see the appeal.

In regards to D/L. IMO TPTB had no where else they could go, the days of years of URST are gone. Fans are fickle, dragging it out for years on end, fans get fed up.
TPTB could have simply gone the route of having no ST resolved or unresolved. There was no need for them to try and pair up Danny/Lindsey. They could have just had them be friends and colleagues and act like professionals and leave it as that.
Yes, fans are fickle and fans get fed up, and many of them get fed up with people being paired off left right and centre and turning a procedural show into a soap.

As one of the people who ran the chat--Eddie self-admittedly types slowly.

(waves hand in air) I hereby volunteer to sit beside him and type in his responses in the next chat (it's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it!)

paigeS said:
It amazes me, how some of you here proclaim to know what Carmine is thinking, or feeling. Resigned to the fact! How do you get that out of his reply to the question from TV.Guide? It seems people from both sides are reading too much into it, those that dislike D/L are reading that he seems resigned, those that do like it are reading the opposite into it. IMO it is what it is. He didn't dodge the question, he answered it the only way he could, without giving to much away. Unless he out right states his opinion either way, I think its wrong to assume what he thinks of it.

In regards to D/L. IMO TPTB had no where else they could go, the days of years of URST are gone. Fans are fickle, dragging it out for years on end, fans get fed up. To have Lindsay ready to move on with Danny, and then have Danny suddenly not ready, would seem ridiculous. So what did they do, they threw the D/L fans a bone, and created a situation (the hostage situation) where the aftermath could affect their relationship, at least for the short term. To have a outside source affect their relationship, is accepted more by fans, than if Danny suddenly has a change of heart, which IMO from what we have seen this season would make no sense, because they have certainly tried to show us its not just a physical attraction, but an emotional one as well. And lets face it the D/L shippers seem to be the majority. It doesn't seem to have caused a major split with fans like GSR, because from what I have seen, most people seem to like it. This site is the only site I have seen where there seems to be a major dislike for it. And even then, it seems like there is not that many fans against it. Its just the same people posting the same arguments over and over again. Don't get me wrong, some of you make good arguments, and valid points for your dislike, but others I feel just agree with who they think are the cool group of this forum.

IMO, TV Guide asking that question in the first place, proves to me at least, that its a storyline that invokes discussion. They obviously asked the question because thats the question most fans wanted to know the answer to, whether for or against, makes no difference. Its a talking point. The fact that people here are still talking about it over a week and a half after the episode has aired proves that. Do you think that TPTB would be stupid enough and drop the storyline, some how I don't think so. Why would you drop something that IMO seems to be the major thing that people want to discuss about the show. Of all the spoilers given by Ask Ausiello and Kirsten this season, only one or two didn't relate to D/L. It seems to be the most questions relating to the show asked of the producers are D/L related ones, same goes for the actors. Even by this site. Eddie was asked the two times he was interviewed this year, and also Hill was asked. Carmine and AZ were asked in Carmines interview with TV guide back in August, heck the question under CG's name on the cover related to D/L. Pam Veasey was also asked in the September issue, and AB was asked in the December issue. The storyline is bringing the show publicity, in the eyes of TPTB thats a good thing.

And lets be honest, TPTB are never going to please everyone, and I doubt whinging and whining about your dislike for it, is going to change their minds. Because people against something are always going to be more vocal. And I am sure TPTB are highly aware of that.

In regards to Danny's character, I found season 1 Danny highly annoying. He was the stereotypical, loud mouth, hot headed Italian cop, thats been done so many times on TV I've lost count. I think TPTB have done a good job of making him a more rounded character, more three dimensional, someone people can relate to. Most of the changes I have seen with Danny come with maturity, something you would expect to happen to a man of his age. He still has the passion and the fire of season 1, but now we only see it in appropriate situations, he has come less predictable, which IMO he had started to become in season 1, you always knew how he was going to react given certain situations and to me, he started to become boring to watch.

I think a lot of people here use Lindsay as a scape goat, because you don't like the changes, it seems in your eyes Danny never does anything wrong, its always someone else's fault never his. Danny made the decision to trade shifts with Lindsay, she never asked him to, and as for Lindsay making it all about herself, what I saw was a normal reaction. She should have been there not him, what would people here have said if she had said nothing. There can be arguments made against all the characters in the final, why did Flack, Danny and Lindsay, not seem to care about Adam, he seemed forgotten, why didn't Adam help Danny take down the hostage takers, why didn't Mac ask about Danny and Adam. And IMO having Lindsay ask Danny how he was would have came off looking ridiculous, it was pretty clear, by looking at him, and from memory Flack didn't ask him either. And to suggest that Danny blames Lindsay for what happened, is just plain silly, that would make Danny come off looking like an ass. And him saying "What are you sorry about", suggests to me the thought never even crossed his mind.

And just to throw my two cents in about Eddies remark in the chat. Wasn't the question asked of him, What are your thoughts on Danny and Lindsay. Is it possible that he didn't know what you meant, I mean thats a pretty open question, could it be possible he thought were you asking as individual characters, or as a couple. Thats why it took him so long to answer, with What do you mean. And I also didn't read anything into his answer either, basically he was stating that Flack wouldn't have been as patient, and from what I interpret of Flack's character, that answer makes perfect sense.

And in regards to AZ's Destiny Dashed comment, I posted here a while ago that people were reading to much into it, now unless Lindsay or Danny die in the season opener as a result of Danny's hostage situation, I cant see how it's possible. Because Danny being held hostage was his distraction. Also AZ gave that comment back in March, isn't that a bit soon to be giving spoilers for season 4, I mean thats six months out from the season opener, most people would have forgotten he even made that comment by then. Could it be possible that what they had planned for the finale in regards to D/L changed, its not the first time AZ has said something that hasn't come to fruition. The comment he made about Danny not being able to shake his previous life at the start of the season comes to mind, as does the one about Danny being challenged on a personal level because of Louie, unless that was in regards to Shane Casey wanting Danny to clear his brothers name, and mentioning Louie.

ETA. To the poster above, where did AZ or PV quote that D/L was over, and that it was in regards to season 4. PV hasn't made a comment about D/L since the start of the season, and AZ never mentioned anything about season 4 in his comment. As I stated above, I think you are all reading to much into AZ's comment, all is see this being is a roadblock, something that will keep them apart in the short term, maybe all season, who knows. The suggestions AZ made apart from Danny being afraid of commitment, were all outside sources, I view the hostage situation and its aftermath the same way. That is if he was implying that it was something that happens in season 4.

Being involved in this buisness and looking at it from a money making point of view, there is no way in heck, the D/L thing is over. From what I can tell it has hooked a lot of yonger viewers. I would hazard a guess the majority of the NY's viewers are under the age of 30 and women these are the very demographic the advertisers aim their ads at,and from what I can tell the very demographic that seem to have the biggest D/L shippers. Why would TPTB and CBS risk alienating them, especially when the show is up against Lost a show with a large 18/49 demographic. You see the CSI concept is entering its 8th season, viewers tastes have changed from eight years ago, there is a reason shows like Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives are hits, if CSI want to compete with shows like that they have to add more personal story lines and romance, romance hooks viewers, it can also make or break a show, and IMO dumping D/L would be the first nail in the coffin for NY, its really their only ongoing storyline, a storyline that has made the show appointment TV for some. But I can see them having bumps in the road, the whole thing is, they want viewers to root for them, now if they were together and happy and had no problems, viewers would get bored with it, just as they would get board with 5 years of URST. So unless one of the actors want out, I see it continuing. And I know a lot of you were hoping AB wanted off the show, IMO if that were the case, they would have killed Lindsay off in the season finale, they had the perfect opportunity do so.

IMO TPTB had the chance to dump D/L at the end of season 2, there was nothing that suggested any more than friendship, apart from Sids comment. But they chose to turn it into something deeper, that to me suggests the feed back they were getting from their focus groups and the network was positive. Honestly if you think they rely on forums like this alone, you are mistaken.

Sorry this reply is just backing on from the one above, I just can't figure out how the rest of you edit out the bits you want to respond to in a long post! :(

Re Carmine's interviews - his previous interviews featured on this board around Season 1 and 2 were full of passion for his job, the show, his character, his relationship with other characters, the chance to work with actors such as Gary etc. Since D/L I haven't seen any mention anywhere of interviews he has done, either on this board or anywhere else. I think he has been asked outright before about such matters but he has never really given his opinion, just towed the official line, which I think is sad. It is possible we are reading too much into this and he has just been too plain busy to give them, but I think his silence is interesting - and deafening.

Season 1 Danny was annoying, yes, but he was also passionate, committed, determined - and interesting. It is true some of the changes in him can be put down to maturity and character development but the change has been so pronounced and so quick - we have lost so much of Danny in so short a space of time we have really noticed it - and we miss him. He has gone from being a passionate and fiery character to someone who doesn't realise he's been stood up at a restaurant, flies all the way to Montana etc. Please bear in mind too I am not as big a Danny fan as others, and even I miss the old Danny!

Eddie's chat - the comments here have been interesting! When I mentioned that people have concerns that relationships should not take over from the crimes on a CSI show this was taken from the elaboration that was necessary when Eddie asked "What about it?" in the chat. I certainly wasn't referring to anything else he may have said but it is interesting the comments made about it!

I think what we can take from TPTB thinking there is an audience for D/L based on the number of times people have been asked about it raises an interesting point - let's not mention it anymore! I'm certainly not hugely against D/L, just how it has been handled. Lindsey joined in the third episode of the second season and this has been dragged out too long with a lot of "will-they-won't-they-who-cares?" in between. You can' base a relationship on how two of the actors react when they bump into each other on set. Had it been better written (and in one case, better acted!) it would have been more believable. Yes, relationships can interest an audience - it can also lose them as well.

Sorry if this post rambles a little - I knew what I wanted to say but my fingers wouldn't co-operate!

ka990 said:
Re Carmine's interviews - his previous interviews featured on this board around Season 1 and 2 were full of passion for his job, the show, his character, his relationship with other characters, the chance to work with actors such as Gary etc. Since D/L I haven't seen any mention anywhere of interviews he has done, either on this board or anywhere else. I think he has been asked outright before about such matters but he has never really given his opinion, just towed the official line, which I think is sad. It is possible we are reading too much into this and he has just been too plain busy to give them, but I think his silence is interesting - and deafening.

Very well put. For him to have never offered a real opinion on the Danny/Lindsay pairing (save for the fact that he wished Danny's love interest was Jane Parsons) speaks volumes to me. It's not like Carmine has lacked opinions about storylines in the past.

Season 1 Danny was annoying, yes, but he was also passionate, committed, determined - and interesting. It is true some of the changes in him can be put down to maturity and character development but the change has been so pronounced and so quick - we have lost so much of Danny in so short a space of time we have really noticed it - and we miss him. He has gone from being a passionate and fiery character to someone who doesn't realise he's been stood up at a restaurant, flies all the way to Montana etc. Please bear in mind too I am not as big a Danny fan as others, and even I miss the old Danny!

Exactly. Realistic change over a period of time I'm in favor of. An abrupt rewriting of the character to fit what is already a contrived romance? Not so much.

I think what we can take from TPTB thinking there is an audience for D/L based on the number of times people have been asked about it raises an interesting point - let's not mention it anymore! I'm certainly not hugely against D/L, just how it has been handled. Lindsey joined in the third episode of the second season and this has been dragged out too long with a lot of "will-they-won't-they-who-cares?" in between. You can' base a relationship on how two of the actors react when they bump into each other on set. Had it been better written (and in one case, better acted!) it would have been more believable. Yes, relationships can interest an audience - it can also lose them as well.

Exactly. In a more compelling romance some of this might have been forgiveable. But the Dindsay stuff is just so formulaic and uninspired that it really is hard to think it was worth sacrificing the interesting aspects of Danny's character for it.

this may have already been asked but does anyone know when spoliers will start coming out for season 4???

I've just read Claire Forlani's (Peyton's)interview on the front page. In regards to her talking about her experience on CSI:NY it's all in the past tense. Do you think this is just because nothing about season 4 has been announced yet or is it a hint that she may not be coming back!

Hmmm. Just read the full article provided thru the link - (does the tab at the top of it indicate its in Malaysia? Who runs StarOnline?) It also says at the end of the article when the show runs -- what is AXN or Astro Channel? I've seen a thread for this - main broadcaster for the show in Asia? Maybe this article compliments whatever the seasonal schedule is for the network there?

*pops in and checks out AXN thread*

This looks like a promo article to me. It sounds like AXN has just broadcast up to around Mrs. Azrael and Sweet Sixteen... Well, we had articles here that introduced Peyton and the fact that Mac started up with someone in S3. Forlani talks as if it could be a recent interview, but also both in past/present tenses about her expereinces working on the show and about the quality of the writing that has been provided for her scenes. I like how she said that her scenes with Gary were her favourites (who can blame her for that?)

I know, maybe I'm reading in a bit, but I guess I'd just like to see her back next season, guest or whatever...

The article overall seems very contained to the third season, without saying much else. It's just too early for any definitive news for S4 this early in hiatus... I think it's only about S3 for those who are just getting to watch it.

MichelleK said:
I've just read Claire Forlani's (Peyton's)interview on the front page. In regards to her talking about her experience on CSI:NY it's all in the past tense. Do you think this is just because nothing about season 4 has been announced yet or is it a hint that she may not be coming back!

Mmmm, I sorta got that impression reading the interview, she did indeed seem to refer to her time on CSI NY in the past tense. Now I wasn't her greatest fan, just couldn't get over that bloody accent, but the finale changed my mind about her character. I would like to see her back, I think she works really well with Gary and it shows through in the characters. I'd really like to see this pairing continue....unlike another I could mention and rant on about forever.

I've read the article, too, and jus like you, Joolz I hope we'll see Claire Forlani/Peyton back next season. Altough it seems really that she spoke in past tense but I'm optimistic about her getting her back in season 4.
IMO it would be a mistake if they don't show Peyton because first she takes a flight to London with Mac and then she isn't there when they come back to NY..:rolleyes: No good idea I think.
This pairing is just too sweet together. ;)

Any spoilers or news about the start of the fourth season? Does anybody know something yet?

^ Well, I'm pretty sure we won't have new spoilers at least until mid-July so be patient, ladies. I know it's hard, but we'll get through it. ;)

Oh, and I hope Peyton comes back too. I really like her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back