More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it. You folks brought my Angell back up again. Where the hell is she? We miss you, Emmanuelle!

The NY finale is the one that I've spent the least time speculating on and reading into spoilers about, so I'm quite excited. I'm not too keen on some of what I've heard, like the usual D/L stuff, but I've accepted now that, like Miami, NY gives me a dose of the stuff I like, but always with a slightly rotten aftertaste.

From the promo, it looks like freaking CSI meets Rambo! Awesome, that's enough to get me watching.

All I'm hoping for is an overall decent episode, perhaps with a nice surprise here and there, that doesn't revolve mostly around Mac. :)

CSI_ALI I completely agree with you! Least we know to expect that D/L scene and then I can get back into the action that is the finale! It looks so intense! I may explode from nerves or excitement. I don't actually get to see it for another 8 weeks - sucks being in the UK but the spoilers will more than make up for it!

*prays nothing too serious happens to Danny*

From what we've been able to tell, it looks like he gets hit in the back of the head (which is consistent with spoilers) rather than being shot. There's nothing that says that he dies, but the rumor about a death is still out there--unlikely, but possible. If the earliest episode spoilers we saw are to be believed, I doubt that Danny will die.

Thank-you very much! I guess I am just going crazy :lol:

Damn it. You folks brought my Angell back up again. Where the hell is she? We miss you, Emmanuelle!
Shall we comfort each other? I would just be tickled pink if they brought her back next season. Maka was in both seasons 1 and 2, so I'll cross my fingers and hope. ;)

It's true that knowing the D/L shite is coming makes it slightly more bearable--because it won't be a surprise. I'm just hoping that the episode overall isn't disappointing and that it lives up to expectations. :)

ETA: You're welcome, CatherineWillows. :) I think we're all going a bit crazy, knowing that the finale is so close and yet just isn't here yet! :lol:

Michelle.........Can anything more seriously bad happen to Danny than Lindsey????????

I THINK NOT!!!! Well, I bloody well hope not.......

Faylinn said:
Shall we comfort each other? I would just be tickled pink if they brought her back next season. Maka was in both seasons 1 and 2, so I'll cross my fingers and hope. ;)

I think we need to *hugs Fay*. I actually did find your post pretty comforting too. I forgot Maka appeared in two seasons. :)

I'm cautiously optimistic that Angell will be back. I'm hoping her lack of appearances as of late is just to do with a scheduling conflict. It'd be strange if the writers just dropped her like that. They seemed pretty keen on her. She was in a good number of episodes earlier in the season, and the way Stella kept talking about her sounded like they wanted to keep her fresh in our minds.

Shame she's not in the finale though. Can you imagine her aiding Flack with the drugs bust? Instant awesomeness.

JenP said:
"I'm wondering...do you approve of D/L being together if it's not a major storyline in the show? I like the idea of them being a couple, but that doesn't mean I want to see a whole season of D/L 'getting to each other'... My idea is: let them be a couple and just mention it a few times during the season".

I'm not bothered by D/L I mean TPTB have been building up to this for two seasons so I guess they should follow through with it.

I have to agree though that as long we have hints of their relationship I'll be happy with that.

On a side note I've been re watching season 1 and 2 and I loved Danny and Aiden together they had great chemistry and were very funny together, you could see just how comfortable they were together on cases and of course it's the Danny of season one that I fell in love with so I'm hoping that we get to have not just the Danny of old but also the Lindsay of old back for next season.

In terms of the finale, it looks like it's going to be great! YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY! I have to wait at least another 4 months before I can watch so I'll be stalking this forum for all your reactions...

Joolz said:

Michelle.........Can anything more seriously bad happen to Danny than Lindsey????????

I THINK NOT!!!! Well, I bloody well hope not.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: Touche.

If Lindsay pushes Danny away after Danny goes through hell, she's going to look like the biggest bitch on the planet. I don't think much of the character and I do think she treats Danny poorly, but I doubt the writers would go there. Short of one of them dying, I don't really see any way for their destiny to be dashed tonight. Next season maybe, but probably not this one. There's just no time for it.

Can't wait for the show to air funny part is I won't be seeing it for a while but I wait with anticipation for what you guys have to say about it come tomorrow. I want lots and lots of details please. Yep maybe I'm ruining it for when I eventually get to see it but I read all the spoilers and well its pretty much well SPOILT. Hope the show is a good one and that the D/L ship sinks.

CSI_Ali said:
I'm cautiously optimistic that Angell will be back. I'm hoping her lack of appearances as of late is just to do with a scheduling conflict. It'd be strange if the writers just dropped her like that. They seemed pretty keen on her. She was in a good number of episodes earlier in the season, and the way Stella kept talking about her sounded like they wanted to keep her fresh in our minds.
Yeah, she was in, what, six or seven episodes in one season? I think Maka is the only other extra-detective who had anywhere close to that many episodes, and she only had like four over two seasons. So it seems like they had planned for Angell to be a more fixed character (not unlike Adam, probably)--it would be great if they were able to get her back for season 4. :D

And yes, Angell taking part in the drug bust would be hawt. :devil:

Oh, to comment on what people have been saying about the D/L thing--I'm not against relationships in theory--I mean, these are people who (aside from Lindsay, I suppose) are all over thirty, they're going to date (although why they must get into their coworkers' pants is beyond me). But the gap between theory and reality makes the difference for me. Danny and Lindsay might be a grand idea on paper (and in romance novels), but it just didn't come across as something worth rushing into IMO. Consider the Grissom/Sara relationship on Vegas--that took six years to actually come to fruition. And the way that Miami is hinting at Eric/Calleigh is only happening as season 5 ends. I'm not into canon relationships either way, but at least those took more time to build a foundation.

When you bring in a character and nearly-immediately push them into a relationship, 1.) it doesn't give anybody a chance to really see the chemistry that develops between all of the characters* and 2.) it undermines the character's development (not always, I'm sure, but on NY it definitely has).

* Mac is a perfect example of that--they brought Lindsay in, and there were a few times in season 2 when I thought that she and Mac might have some good romantic chemistry. Sure, people would have whined about it being a copy-cat of Grissom/Sara (which it wouldn't have been, but it's a moot point), but it definitely seemed like something that could happen and was based on the way that the characters interacted on screen rather than being entirely scripted. But by rushing with the D/L thing, they basically tossed aside any chance of exploring what-might-have-been...

Top, good point about the "destiny dashed" thing--it's quite possible that Zuiker was thinking in terms of season 3 linking to season 4. I don't know what he could have in mind, but he did specify that it was Danny's "season ending distraction" that "dashed" their destiny. But that doesn't give anybody a clue of what might happen next season. *shrug* I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the finale ends.

Oh, and if Zuiker meant that their "destiny" was only postponed or put-on-hold temporarily, then he had a really shitty choice of words. Because "destiny dashed" doesn't sound like you just argue for a few episodes and then elope. Either "dashed" was a very deliberate word choice, or he got caught up in his alliteration and is going to look like a liar. :rolleyes:

MrsGiovinazzo said:
*crosses fingers and prays for a bullet with Lindsay's name on it tonight*
:lol: Here's hoping.

I am actually very interested in seeing which of the spoilers will come to fruition. I mean, 'destiny dashed' is seeming extremely unlikely to occur in the finale unless something big happens to one of those two. I'm happy to carry that spoiler over to next season if necessary, just make it happen TPTB! :p

I'm too sceptical about anything that comes out of the producers mouths. Granted, NY certainly doesn't have a history of lying as badly as Ann D *shakes fist*, I'm not pinning all my hopes on the 'destiny dashed' thing.

Like I said before, I've just kind of accepted that D/L will be there. Besides, I think once they're together, it's going to become a much less prolific part of the show. Once they take the jump, where else is there for them to go with it?

I was just curious if someone would be able to quote, or post, the whole reference to the 'destiny dashed' thing. I've got limited internet time and want to know what the spoilers say. I've been looking for it but have come up empty and I know my time will come up eventually, and with my luck, before I've been able to locate it.

That said, I'm excited about tonights ep. I love Flack and hope he is featured prominently in it. Eddie Cahill is a wonderful actor. I also hope for more Sheldon and Flack scenes in the future, if not tonight than maybe next season, because they really have a fantastic dynamic. I prefer it to the Danny and Flack relationship actually. *prepares to be hit repeatedly*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back