More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A point made on one of the other threads also reminded me that these photos may be stills taken while the filming was happening (see the photo of Mac & Hawkes talking, with a boom mic overhead). The pic of Mac with the marker may have him pre-take, yet to finish writing on the guy's head.

*Why* he's scribing on a dead dude is not entirely clear... :p

normally csi New-York is the more quiet of the bunch when it comes to season finales. I guess this year, they decided to go out with a very big Bang! Anyhow i cant wait for this epi...

I really hope absolutely nothing happens to Danny. Too much stuff has been about him (which I will admit has made me love him) but seriously...Something needs to happen to the other characters.

Urgh, yeah, after seeing the Miami finale, I totally retract my prediction about the NY one. :( Wasn't Horatio supposed to "almost die" according to Ann Donahue? Unless I was blinded by the Miami sun for a good 5 minutes, Horatio wasn't in danger at all in this episode. Miami tends to play it safe in the finales, but then...so has NY so far. We're probably going to be stuck with Dindsay for quite a while. :lol:

Honestly, from the promos -- I couldn't care less about Danny or Lindsay...or their sex scene. If the writers haven't any respect for their characters, then neither do I. I think it's belittling to Lindsay's charcter that her own personal storyline didn't make it into the February promos, but sex with Danny makes into this one. Whatever.I never much cared for Lindsay and I haven't flickered much, if any, interest for Danny in months.

Now I have bigger issues trying to keep my attention focused on an entire episode. I never thought the writers outlandish storylines were their strong suits, and considering Anthony's statement how it's getting harder to come up with more unique and interesting ways to kill off people, doesn't inspire much hope for the future. I think the ways of a drive-by and convenience store stick up are long gone. Sometimes TPTB strike gold with wacky plots, but I'm not so often impressed.

But I was quite excited by how riled up Flack seemed in the promos. I hope Flack and Hawkes are given a meaty role in this episode. I'm glad Hill is finding other work to do, but meh, I've missed the good doctor.

You know, the way that Zuiker rates Anna, I reckon that the whole destiny dashed thing could be Lindsey's doing. I think they may turn her into a victim, not by any physical means but she may be the one pushing Danny away. Something along the lines of 'why do I always survive?' after the Montana killings she survived her friends murders, now she takes a day off and unwittingly puts Danny in the firing line when it should have been her. I think there's a good chance that next season may well focus a little on Lindsey and her guilty feelings (unfortunately) The whole, nothing good happens to anyone around me.......don't get involved with me you'll only get hurt kinda stuff. That would dash the destiny, but (again unfortunately) leave the destiny there to pick up again whenever Zuiker and the writers please.

Oh God, Joolz, I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I hope you're wrong, because that would be truly awful. Talk about soap opera!! This would require more "emoting" from Anna Belknap and that has flown like a dead duck in previous episodes. She can do light and perky, but not dramatic.

My apologies to AB fans, but that has just been my impression. Her dramatic turns have been awkward and forced and painful to watch.

I really hope you're wrong, Joolz, but I fear you are not. :(

PerfectAnomaly said:
I also find it very curious that when the series started, everyone from Zuiker down to the actors were touting how this CSI would be distinctively different because it's set in NY. From what I remember they were all calling NY the "main character" of the show; S1 was like that but ever since, NY has been steadily reduced to a very minor role. So, where's the incentive to watch NY when there are two other shows in the franchise?

I think that what happened to CSI:NY can be best summed up in the folk tale called The Miller, His Son and Their Donkey. Anyone else remember it?

The summarized version: A man and his son decide to go to the town to sell their donkey. They started off their journey just fine, but then as they travelled on, people whom they passed would make snide comments about the way they were travelling. Every time somebody made a comment, the father and son would do whatever that person mentioned and change their positions, etc. in an attempt to please that person. In the end, already the laughing stock of everybody, and just as they were about to arrive at the town ... their donkey fell into a river and drowned.

Moral of the story? Try to please everybody, and you'll only make a fool of yourself.

I think that's where the show went wrong, particularly after the first season. Too much fan-pandering, keeping all the flashiness but sacrificing substance and concentrating on the wrong aspects of story and character. (Of course, that's just my opinion. :p)

^ Kimmychu, I second that thought! Exactly what I think as well (see above somewhere)!

About Lindsay and her possible future... it really could be and seems reasonable to make her the main focused person for a while in the beginning of Se 4, especially since she wasn't really much of a deal on the show lately (b/c of pregnancy). IShe will either die because her story came to an end or TPTB makes a twist getting her out of this fling with Danny and focus on her and her sense of guilt. And second option will rather happen than first one. Well... as long as the writers leave the cheese out of these aftermaths stories, I think I can live with that. But just as long as they give Flack more background stories ans screen time as well!!!

I thought CSI Miami was rather disappointing, also. I am a DL shipper, but I think we could do without the actual love scene. With Mac and Peyton it was just implied, so it could have been done like that.

I think this should be a good episode though.

Jen

Joolz, that does sound like a possible way for Lindsay to have a storyline in season 4 and for the destiny of D/L to be dashed. I hope it isn't and there is a death in the finale but I'm not holding outmuch hope.
TPTB seem to be happy with Anna's portrayal of Lindsay so I think there will be more on/off teen angst to come!!

Joolz that's a pretty story but if I will have to watch another season with the 'don't get involved with me you'll only get hurt kinda stuff' or her guilty feelings I may throw up. I mean in this season she did the same thing in 'LRC' and I reallly don't want to watch it again. I think that hurting Danny in this way once is enough and we know that he will be the one who would pay for it...

It seems a probable way to go but I really hope it isn't the way they play the 'destiny dashed' out. If that destiny is really gonna be dashed (prays and crosses everything crossable) they should do it properly and for good. End of storyline. I didn't mind Lindsey when she first appeared and Anna's not so bad when it comes to quirky, happy, science based scenes but does fall down when a dramatic arc for her character is introduced, failing to convey the necessary range of emotion needed to carry off the drama element convincingly. Which, on the other hand is where Carmine and his character of Danny find their strength and excel. As a couple they're sorely mismatched. I'd have been much happier for those two characters to have a somewhat uncertain relationship, where Lindsey's never quite sure of Danny's humour and Danny can't quite quit with the teasing. I just wish a romantic twist was never explored and the characters could have developed independently, instead I feel as though I'm reading a photo story from a teen magazine. It says something when my 15 yr old thinks the D/L stuff is cute but my 20yr old is horrified by the childishness. I hope the teen market is not where the show is heading....... I mean what next.....Sabrina the teenage CSI.....gah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back