More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said that well! I don't think Lindsay's part is played, she can do a lot more then just be Danny's girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, I am a D/L shipper, but I think it would be nice if there's more for Lindsay. I think the fact Lindsay is kept in the lab has to do with Anna becoming a mother and therefore Lindsay can get a lot more screentime in S4!

I agree, i'm a D/L shipper but because of Anna's pregnancy the creaters weren't able to develop Lindsay as well!!

In season 4 she needs a good story!!! but not another ' i'm a victim Danny come and save me! '

Indeed. She needs to have her own story. And Danny can be in there, but on the sideline. let them be a couple, but it doesn't need to be a headline anymore. It's not a soap-opera, you know! :lol:

I agree, I love D/L, but let them be a couple that doesn't ruin their work, let's see some outside scenes when their together and keep their work strictly work!

Well, a lot of characters need their own story!! Flack, Hawkes!! That's what CSI NY was lacking from the start... continuity fairy is obviously on hiatus there... ;)

But to throw my 2cts into the discussion... it DOES make sense if they gonna kill of Anna's character. After second season ended, Zuiker once said himself that it was a mistake to bring a new character on the show while moving another one from the morgue into the team (Lindsay and Sheldon), but as much as I would prefer Lindsay to be gone (not that I don't like her character, Anna is a great actress! :) I just think she is kind of "wrong" in the team) and as much the theory about it could work, I don't think TPTB is going to kill off sb important from the team again. I mean, Aiden is dead and to kill off her replacement kinda would completely mess it up, isn't it?

As for Adam... he is lovely, everybody likes him, but he is - to speak Star Trek TOS - kinda the guy with the red shirt... :lol: Danny and him being held hostage could mean that Adam is the one gone by the end of the show or at least being threaded to be, because he IS a minor character...

Hey, wasn't Sid supposed to be in the finale too? Everyone else was pictured in the promo, why not Mr. Sid? I hope he is in the finale - I like Sid. Funny, sweet, creepy, all rolled into one tall lanky coroner.

macpeyfan said:
Hey, wasn't Sid supposed to be in the finale too? Everyone else was pictured in the promo, why not Mr. Sid? I hope he is in the finale - I like Sid. Funny, sweet, creepy, all rolled into one tall lanky coroner.

Another potential vic for the finale... ;)

^^ Only a rumor, and we've already killed all the cast and crew. I don't think they're gonna kill anybody in the finale. After the lasta season, where they showed the vulnerability of the NYPD with the bombs, where even one officer almost got killed, make another officer get killed in the line of duty is very hard.

"Well, ya know, if the baddies decide to castrate Danny during his hostage hours ... yeah. That'll be destiny dashed, alright." [sorry, I screwed up the quote thing]

Gee, haven't they already castrated danny this season?? :devil: ;)

Well, it'd be cool if Sid made it into the finale, but let's hope that Flack & Hawkes get decent appearances for a change too.

If someone's killed off - I don't think it'll be Peyton, as she seems to be outside telling someone else there's a hostage situation. I like Peyton, and hope she stays around. It might be Messer or Adam because aren't they the hostages? I've only seen limited trailers so I probably missed some stuff.

A good point from someone else also mentioned that we'd likely have heard about either a main character's death (like all the previews for Miami when Speed got shot, and later when Eric was on death's door) or someone leaving the show (like all the stuff about Jorja on CSI Vegas, and Vanessa leaving NY after S1).

If it turns out to be a secondary character buying it, that's kinda cheap too.

I hope the story's about all the action in the lab, a la Die Hard (Yippe-Kay-Yay MF :D), and less melo-drama-drama-drama.

Well, we all know I adore Adam, so I would hope that they wouldn't kill him off--the writers seem to like him, and they put him in about half of this season. Plus, killing off a secondary character doesn't seem like that big of a deal, story-wise. If they were going to do it, you would think they'd at least put it in the promos that they're killing someone off and then let you breathe a sigh of relief that it's not a main character. Besides, it's not like they have to kill off recurring characters to get rid of them, and there would be no follow-up next season aside from maybe a mention of Adam's name with reference to Danny's ordeal. So it would be the last five minutes of the finale killing him and that's it? Seems pointless, IMO, but definitely possible.

However, my thought is that maybe, if they are killing someone off, it's not to benefit the viewing for the finale. Since they already know that there's going to be a season 4, maybe the 'death' (again, if there is one, this is just speculation) is meant to be a draw for next season rather than the finale. People find out that a main character kicked the bucket, and they want to tune in this fall to find out about the effects that it would have on the rest of the characters. So a death that comes completely by surprise at the end of the episode could create a lot of buzz for the new season--which is what NY really needs. They know that they'll pull in decent numbers for the finale, but keeping people around next season is the bigger deal, especially with "Lost" slowly taking the lead.

That's just my opinion, though, so we'll have to wait just a few more days and see. :)

If they were going to kill off a recurring character, Peyton would make more sense for continuity reasons--if they aren't continuing with the Mac/Peyton relationship next season, just suddenly saying "Oh yeah, we broke up" in the season 4 premiere would be cheap. So a death would provide a definite way to end it. But I think it would be a really bad way to end it, though.

Sid is apparently at the lab when it's evacuated, so we might see a bit of him, but I doubt he'll have more than a line or two.

Man, you'd think after all the effort they put into developing a relationship for Mac after years as a widower, they wouldn't just off his new girlfriend... (And Gary Sinise seems to have been pretty involved as a producer on those episodes).

What a horrible way to try and boost ratings. Anyways, has Peyton really interacted enough with all the other characters besides Mac to make that kind of S4 "aftermath-drama" feasible?

I hope not... :(

If it WAS to be a MAIN character, were there any hints in the previews for possibilities? I've only seen CBS and CTV clips... Did Danny get shot or did he get hit on the head? And if he's inside the lab, does that mean that Lindsay made it into work too...?

Argh.

I JUST can't help but think there'd have been more dirt/rumours/network foreshadowing about it if someone were going down...

Hmmmph.

The writers were actually pretty clever how they handled Vanessa Ferlito's exit from the series (getting fired, *then* getting killed later on and hitting the rest of the characters THAT way...)

Sneaky bastards.

I don't wanna think 'bout it anymore -- I JUST WANT IT TO BE WEDNESDAY!!! :lol:

dutch_treat said:
^^ It's very possible that Danny's pain can be both physical and mental, but that doesn't necessarly mean it has to be Lindsay who gets hurt or killed.

Lindsay getting killed would indeed cause a total breakdown on Danny's part and that it what I cannot match with Zuiker's 'distraction'.

I think the 'distraction' is Danny getting taken hostage. The 'destiny dashed' thing would be her death. Or his, but I think we all know the show isn't going to kill their piece of ass. :lol: I guess something else could 'dash' their destiny, but 'dash' implies permanent, and what is more permanent than death?

I don't think Lindsay's story is completed; all of them seem to take turns in running into personal drama so the next one for her could be just around the corner. Perhaps the fact that he's been a hostage effects Danny so much that he has a breakdown (destiny dashed -temporarly- ;)) and she has to try and cope with that. Keep them apart for a while allowing Lindsay to be a more independent character.

Compare Lindsay's story to Danny's: Lindsay had a dark secret, it was revealed mid-season and then wrapped up a few episodes later with the trial and Katums being found guilty. And now she and Danny are together, so there's no more tension there. She's a "finished" character, and I've seen characters far less finished (Cordelia from Angel, for one) written out because the writers felt like there was nothing left to be done with them.

In contrast, Danny was revealed to have Tanglewood connections in season one, something that came back in season two when it turned out Louie was in Tanglewood. But it was left very open-ended--Louie in a coma for one, Sonny no doubt defiantly planning revenge or an escape (either legally or not), and as Zuiker himself hinted, Danny can't shake his past.

To me, the difference is pretty striking. What is left to be explored about Lindsay? At this point, her past is behind her and she's Danny's girlfriend. That's flat, and without dramatic possibilities.

I agree with what Fay said--if (and it's a big if) a character is killed off, it wouldn't be so much to draw attention to the finale as it would be to generate buzz for the fourth season from the show, which Veasey is already talking about in TV Guide (keeping it young and fresh or something to that effect). Even Star pointed out that the NY finale could use a little excitement to keep up with the other finales.

If a regular (not a supporting character) dies in the finale, the magazines and websites would be buzzing about it. At the end of the summer, when all the fall previews are being compiled, the big death will be mentioned. NY is potentially going to be facing the Grey's Anatomy spin-off next fall (rumor is that it'll be on Wednesdays at 10, though we won't know until ABC announces their schedule at the upfronts). Unlike Grey's, the spin-off wasn't very inspired or original, but it could be a hit. And then there's Lost (though it is rumored to be moving time slots next season, and will only have a 16-ep season). NY needs to bring their A-game next year or risk losing more viewers. So strategically, shocking people with the finale is a good move.

While I'm in a speculating mood, I thought I'd throw in that what Pam Veasey says about S4 doesn't make me very hopeful.

From TV Guide: "'We're going to be really youthful and current,' Veasey says about next season. Look for crimes involving Internet relationships, on-line celebrities and the world of underground music."

I see another season of "this could be taking place in anywhere USA instead of distinctively NY" and "all crimes involve the young, attractive, white elite." I hope I'm wrong, but that's the vibe it gives me; and that vibe doesn't raise my confidence level for S4 being an improvement.

^I think you're right to be worried. I feel like NY tries to be the "hip" CSI show. I don't think that quote is just a casual comment either, considering that Lost is handily beating NY in the younger demographic, 18-34. The CSI shows tend to skew older, but I feel like NY is the only one desperately trying to reach a young audience. Vegas just kind of does its thing, and the writers this season have really raised the bar by turning out stellar stories. Miami is all about the action, baby. NY seems to be trying to hard to be hip and cool and tell out there stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back