Monk

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jan 21, 2005.

1. speedmonkey

speedmonkey Corpse

Yeah I miss her. I mean I like the new girl But I miss Sharona.

2. cll424

cll424 CSI Level One

yes... she was perfect for the role!(the actress). Yhe new girl is more... understanding of monk which makes it noy as fun and funny...yeah i agree whith the fact that the 2nd season is... disappointing.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Straight from the official USA "Monk" Site:

SPECIAL HOLIDAY EPISODE! Don't miss "Mr. Monk and the Secret Santa," an all new episode of Monk, premiering Friday, November 25 at 10/9C! Watch this site for more details, coming soon.

All-new episodes of Monk return to USA Network this January!

This is gonna be cool. :D

4. jeniks

jeniks Police Officer

Excellent! Thanks for the news! Monk at Christmas....good thing it's California, could you imagine Monk around all the winter colds in the midwest or east?

5. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

I loved monk so much it was the absolute best, i cant watch it anymore because i dont get it, so i have not seen the new ones with the new girl but there is no way she can be as good as sharona ;) .

6. roxy

roxy Prime Suspect

I haven't seen the new season, but I agree that the show isn't going to be as good as before.
    By the way does anyone know what the Monk font is and where can I download it? ;)

7. Destiny

Tonight is the night (Friday Dec 2, 2005) here is a tv listing descript:

"Mr. Monk and the Secret Santa"
    A police officer dies after drinking a poisoned bottle of wine that was intended for Capt. Stottlemeyer.

Possible Spoiler Below, Up To You Network Descript of Ep.

It's Christmas time in San Francisco, but all is not merry. A cop is dead after drinking a poisoned bottle of wine intended for Captain Stottlemeyer, and while all leads point to a man with a grudge against the Captain, Monk isn't convinced.

With Natalie's help, Monk does some of his own detective work, which soon finds him caroling, fighting off crowds at the mall... and even doing some undercover work as a certain jolly, red-suited fellow. Will Monk solve the baffling crime in time to enjoy the holidays?

8. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Definately going to catch Monk tonight, missed it last week due to holiday stuff, and wild horses can't drag me away tonight. Monk as Santa! :lol:

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Thank God I read this post! I was thinking that it aired next Friday!

Thanks Destiny!

10. Destiny

You're welcome and AWESOME Ep. Humor and subtle drama, it was all monk all the way, pure as ever. :D

11. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

man i wish that i could watch monk, i loved it, monk as santa would be the funniest thing ever, all the little kids with runny noses asking him for stuff, lol, i just see him freaking out and trying to get away from the kids.

12. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

A great Monk episode! Full of laughs and drama! I love when when he said, "You're my favorite," to the kid who wanted a rock polishing set for Christmas.

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I just received an email today that said that the first Monk paperback novel, "Mr. Monk Goes to the Firehouse," will be released on January 3. Amazon.com is already taking pre-orders or check your local bookstores on that date. This book is a new story based on the TV characters, and is written by Lee Goldberg, who has written for this show and "Diagnosis Murder."

14. Destiny

"News" <Snip>
    LOS ANGELES, CA - January 12, 2006 - USA Network announced today that MONK, the award-winning original series starring Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG Award winner Tony Shalhoub, has been picked up for seasons five and six, with a 16 episode order per season.

"We are thrilled to keep such an acclaimed and beloved series in our stable of programming," added Blaney. "MONK is such a consistent performer, we are confidant that it will have a long, successful life on USA for many years to come."

More News (Possible Spoiler Ep descript really).
    January 13, 2006 Brand New Episode 10pm est.
    MR. MONK GOES TO A FASHION SHOW
    When Monk notices imperfections in his shirts, he seeks out the woman who inspects them. Monk learns that the woman's son is in jail for the murder of a fashion model. She knows her son isn’t guilty, and Monk agrees to look into the case. Malcolm McDowell guest stars.

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Time change for Monk

From TV Guide online Entertainment news:
    USA Network has ordered 13 episodes of Psych, an hourlong dramedy starring James Roday as an amateur sleuth who feigns being psychic in order to help the police solve cases. Dule Hill (The West Wing) plays his best friend, Corbin Bernsen (L.A. Law) his police-officer pop. Psych is slated to premiere July 7 at 10 pm/ET, meaning Monk will move up an hour when its fifth season debuts this summer.