Monk

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Returns tonight January 21, 2005 with all NEW Episodes.

If you haven't heard the news, Bitty Schram (Sharona Fleming), the actress has been released from the show.
    Both Parties have stated it was a "Mutual Agreement".

Confirmed to return is Ted Levine (Capt. Leland Stottlemeyer) and Jason Gray-Stanford (Lt. Randall Disher)
    Also tonight we will meet new co-star Traylor Howard (As Natalie Teeger).

*Below is the ep descript, you read at risk*
    "Mr. Monk and the Red Herring"
    "As we catch back up with Adrian Monk, that lovably neurotic San Francisco detective, he's in a funk following the departure of his former nurse/sidekick Sharona.
    Unable to function in his day-to-day life, let alone solve crimes, Monk begins to emerge after meeting Natalie Teeger. She's a single mom who needs Monk's help after her home gets broken into twice within a week.
    The more time Monk spends with Natalie and her daughter, the more he feels a special connection."

This ep will Air on the USA Network at 10 pm.

2. keiko

keiko Pathologist

finally! thought is was gone forever... :(

3. Destiny

For those who have never seen the show here is an "Overview" of it:
    Spoiler if you don't Want to know what happens to Sharona. Then skip "What happened to Sharona" (third title down) ;)

Who is Monk?
    Adrian Monk was once a rising star with the San Francisco Police Department, legendary for using unconventional means to solve the department's most baffling cases.
    But after the tragic (and still unsolved) murder of his wife, the devastated Monk became obsessive-compulsive.
    His psychological disorder has caused him to develop an abnormal fear of virtually everything: germs, heights, crowds, even milk.
    Monk's condition eventually cost him his job, and continues to pose unique challenges in his everyday life.

Who was Sharona?
    Those daily challenges eventually forced Monk to hire a personal nurse, Sharona Fleming, who was always there to offer her assistance when even the simplest of tasks (like organizing his sock drawer) became an angst-ridden ordeal for Monk. Along the way, Sharona also became Monk's own "Girl Friday," an unlikely Dr. Watson to his Sherlock Holmes.

What happened to Sharona?
    When Sharona moved back to New Jersey with her son to re-marry her ex-husband, Monk once again became unable to function in his day-to-day life, let alone solve crimes.
    He slowly comes out of his funk when he meets Natalie Teeger (Traylor Howard), a single mom and bartender who enlists Monk's help when her home gets broken into twice within a week.
    Monk takes on her case only to find that the more time he spends with Natalie and her young daughter, the more he feels a connection with her, one that is reminiscent of his special relationship with Sharona.

How about the Others?
    Now working as a private consultant, Monk continues to investigate cases in the most unconventional ways.
    Although Monk is no longer a member of the police force, his former boss, Captain Leland Stottlemeyer still often calls upon him to provide unique insights into cases that have the cops stumped.
    Stottlemeyer himself is a highly decorated detective, but he knows he will never be as good as the illustrious Monk... and it drives him crazy.
    Meanwhile, Lieutenant Randall Disher aspires to be the department's new go-to guy, and relishes every opportunity to bolster the ego of his commanding officer.

Anything else?
    Monk is a detective afraid of the dark, a gumshoe afraid of gum.
    He has no problem cracking a case as long as it doesn't involve heights or germs, and is in close proximity to his apartment.
    He'd like nothing more than to gain back his position on the San Francisco police force, but can he pull himself together and get back to solving crimes full time?

Thats it folks the stars real names are listed in the first post, as to the last question, the answer to that is, it might take Several more seasons (or the end of the show) to ever really know that answer.

4. Destiny

:eek: Well smack yourself silly for having that idea, this is MONK, our OBSESSIVE. COMPULSIVE. DETECTIVE, would that kind of detective just do that to us, OUR MONK? NO WAY!

LOL okay steps down from the mic. ;) :lol:

I will miss Sharona though, i liked her she was funny sort of, lol anyone who can survive monk, can take on the world.

MONK FOREVER!

5. Agertays

Agertays CSI Level Three

Kool. Is Monk Actually good, coz i've neve watched it, but since reading ur posts, i think i might start watching it. :D

6. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

:eek: SHE LEFT?! WHYYYY? I loved her and she was so funny. We just got new episodes of Monk about 3 weeks ago. Im loving it. Hes still his compulsive obsessive self. :p

YOU should start watching it! :eek:

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

One regular not mentioned yet is Dr Charles Kroger (Stanley Kamel), Adrian Monk's psychiatrist. In some episodes we meet the late Trudy Monk when Adrian imagines himself talking to her. One episode has his father-in-law, and another has one of his other relatives, but I don't want to give away any spoilers if someone hasn't watched it yet.

8. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

Nuts. Why did the actress have to leave? She was a great part of the show.

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I like his new assistant. She was pretty good tonight. There was a bigger change that has caused much controversy. Why did they have to drop the first season's theme song, performed by Jeff Beal, for the second one, performed by Randy Newman. I personally like the first one better. How about everyone else.

Remember in the second season episode "Mr. Monk and the T.V. Star", obsessed fan Marci Maven, played by Sarah Silverman, complains throughout the episode about her favorite TV show's new theme song. At the end of the episode Marci Maven asks Adrian Monk to promise that if he ever gets his own show, he won't ever change the theme song. When Monk agrees to the promise, the original theme song by Jeff Beal begins to play as the scene fades to credits.

10. keiko

keiko Pathologist

It's a good thing that he's back, even my brother who is 4½ likes him! :D

11. Destiny

TBonz this is what the news stated:

Agertays This show is Awesome, its a drama and comedy rolled excellently into one, Tony plays "Monk" so well you can't help but laugh, and the supporting cast also excellent.

12. Destiny

Some Memorable quotes of the past:

Sharona: Adrian, can I ask you something? And if it's none of my business, I'll shut up.
    Monk: I doubt it.

Monk: I tried doing that once, making every minute count. It gave me a headache.
    Sharona: What doesn't?

Sharona: Ow. Why do I always have to be the victim?
    Monk: Because the victim usually ends up on the ground, in the dirt. And... I'm me.

Monk: [after accidentally wiping his hands with a cloth covered in oil] Sharona, I really need a wipe. Hurry! Oh, the humanity!

Monk: A stop sign is not a suggestion!
    Sharona: Yes it is!

Capt: [to the commisioner] So, you're going to let a murderer off, because you're afraid to admit YOU'RE BALD?

Capt: We'd like permission to search your pie. Please don't make me say that again.

(Monk jumps on a table after realizing a snake is loose)
    Capt: I thought you were afraid of heights.
    Monk: Snakes trump heights. It goes germs, needles, milk, death, snakes, mushrooms, heights, crowds, elevators.

13. keiko

keiko Pathologist

He's just great!
    I'm watching Mr Monk takes his medecine now.
    "The Monk needs the pills" I like him better when he's just.. Monk :D but he's funny anyways...

14. Destiny

Keiko i agree he is awesome, i have the Usa network in another window for Monk and according to the site they will be REPEATING the new ep again, for anyone who missed it, Like me. lol i fell asleep and no one woke me when i asked to me, i missed the alarm on my watch and i was ticked. lol.

"Mr. Monk & the Red herring"
    Sat 1-22 9:30 am
    Sat 1-22 1:00 am
    Sun 1-23 10:00 pm
    Mon 1-24 12:00 pm
    Fri 1-28 1:00 pm

Fri 1-28 9:00 pm "Mr. Monk & the Panic room" (this is a repeat of the second episode for season three (this season) its the one with the Monkey (AND we see Sharona)!.

LOL i don't like that they broke the show up in half like that, its cool in one respect they left off with
    "Mr. Monk takes his medicine" aired orginially August 20th.
    Re-started January 21st. with Mr. Monk & the red herring"

doesn't this fall under the cruel punishment act of tv? :D

15. keiko

keiko Pathologist

Yes, I think it does. we're just labrats to them :eek: