Misc LIMS #3-Challenge 6-Decades. Final Challenge-VOTING!

Re: Misc LIMS #2: Challenge 3-Katie Cassidy

Mine is in too. It's not looking good for me, either :lol: I don't use brushes much, and I *really* wanted to use a texture in this one.

this was so hard I had to find some brushes, I never use them. and I feel the same as everyone else I really wanted to use some textures ha

Sorry for being such a crappy challenge runner this time around guys :( Haven't been feeling the best, I'll get the voting up later tonight after I get back from the movies. Promise, if I don't you have my permission to throw rocks at me :p

LOL You're not a crappy challange runner!!! And we would NEVER throw rocks at you ;) If you haven't been feeling well, it's okay that putting up the voting wasn't the first thing on your list! :)

Re: Misc LIMS #2: Challenge 3-Katie Cassidy Voting Up!

Misc LIMS #2: Challenge 3 "Katie Cassidy" Voting!

Voting Rules: (Please read)
~ Absolutely anyone may vote! You don't have to be an 'expert' ;)
~ Vote for the Top 2 of least quality, and the Top 2 of best quality.
~ Votes for least quality Must have a reason, or they will not be counted. Reasons for best quality are strongly encouraged
~ There's a difference between "constructive criticism" and plain out rude remarks when it comes to voting for an icon, choose your wording carefully ;) Remember to pm either me or one of the mods if you have any issue with voting.

(the following examples may have been "borrowed" from other sources)

Good Examples:
34: Text is oddly placed
50: Icon is over sharpened
62: Image is too blurry

Poor Examples:
96: I don't like the colour (personal preference)
52: Tiny text/decorative brushes are unreadable (it's supposed to be that way)

-----

01:
icon1.png
02:
icon2.jpg
03:
icon3.jpg
04:
icon4.png
05:
icon5.png
06:
icon6.png

07:
icon7.png
08:
icon8.jpg
09:
icon9.jpg
10:
icon10.png
11:
icon11.png
12:
icon12.png

-

Icons 12/15
3 passes used
1 withdraw

Last edited:

Gosh, they're all great! Voting gets harder each round!

Least:
12 - The background is somewhat distracting of Katie.
03 - The background kinda washes Katie out a little.

Best:
07 - Gorgeous colouring, gorgeous theme, just an all together gorgeous icon, well done.
04 - The text and brush work really well, looks fab, another great icon.

Re: Misc LIMS #2: Challenge 3-Katie Cassidy-Voting Up!

Least:
12 - The background doesn't really fits the icon and it distracts a lil from the subject.
10 - The shadows are a lil too dark, if the background wasn't so dark, it would work out better.

Best:
09 - I love everything about this icon. The coloring and the brushes are just stunning!!
08 - Simple, but nice!

Least

07 the butterfly is overpowering. Plus the background appears wishy washy. (Now I realize this term 'wishy washy' may not be too technical but it's the only way I can think of describing the effect)

01 the crown is a nice touch but it's too light. It may have been more effective if it had been a touch darker.

Best

10 I like the shadow effect. It makes Katie appear like a lady of mystery.

12 I like the blended effect of Katie mixing into the background

Least
12 - I do like the background, but to me her image seems a bit cut off at the bottom and on the left.
01 - The text and crown blend too much with the background making it all too pale, I think.

Best

Least:
13 - oversharpened, and too much of the subject is cut off, the text/brush is overpowering.
01 - I don't know if it's just my screen but I can hardly see the brush/text, I had to look very carefully before I spotted it.

Best:

Yay! Look at all the yumminess. :D

Least
10: The negative space is cool, but it does cut off a LOT of her face. Also the text is really blurry; don't know if it has to do with the texture or the fact that it was intended to look smokey, but it ends up seeming overly blurred.
03: She's a bit washed out.

Best

09: Awesome use of the theme/restriction. Everything comes together really well.
08: Beautiful clarity and simplicity. :) Also, attractive colouring.

Least:
01 - It's a bit washed out, and the text is really hard to read.
10 - Overall, I like this icon, but there are places where she looks oversharpened, and it's really distracting.

Best:

Least:

03 - There's something about the colouring on Katie that seems off to me, and she doesn't seem to go with the background.

12 - The background is a bit distracting and the cropping on Katie is a bit strange. I really like the shadowing idea though.

Best:

02 - The colouring is gorgeous.

07 - I love the colouring and the rounded edges are neat.

Back