Misc LIMS #1: ' Challenge 12-Marilyn Monroe-Results

Re: Misc LIMS #1: Challenge 5 'Hugh Jackman-Voting'

For those who haven't voted, you still have time to get the votes in :) Voting will close in 12 hours from when this post was made 2 pm (gmt -4)

Thanks for the votes guys ... keep them coming.

This was REALLY hard. All of the icons are gorgeous!

Least:

04- the face looks a little too softened and the text is a bit blurry.

10- looks a bit grainy and blurry

Best:

07- Great coloring. Very clear. And the crop is nice.

03- Love the fonts you used and I love how Hugh is centered in the icon.

Great job, everyone.

Voting is now closed, I will be back shortly to edit the post with the results!

Re: Misc LIMS #1: Challenge 5 Results

Thanks for all the votes guys here's the results:

This round we will be saying good by to:
12.jpg
by nattybatty55 and
10.jpg
by FallenForFlack

b%3E
banner3wpw.png

b%3E

banner4d.png

Last edited:
Re: Misc LIMS #1: Challenge 6 'Country'

Ok guys as I said in a previous post, I have no choice but to put the next challenge up. However, you will have a little longer to get your entries in. The challenge after this one will be a comeback challenge for anyone who would like a chance to get back in. I promise :p I think I'm running low on ideas ... this seems like a good one to me :shifty: but it's probably boring :rolleyes:

Misc LIMS Challenge 6 (Country Music) Text:

For this challenge, we'll be working with images of three country music artists (Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley and Brad Paisley). You can use any resource that you'd like to use for this challenge, however there is one requirement -> The icon must contain text pertaining to the artist, but not the artist's name. For example, you could use a song title, lyrics to a song, album titles * that are not self titled albums * ... etc ... but you can not contain the name of the said artist. (I thought this would be a great challenge) I hope that is explaining everything ok, as always I'm not good at explaining

Brad Paisley 1
Brad Paisley 2

If you use either of the first two images you can get information from Here

Dierks Bentley 1
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9733/l2j14212z.jpgDierks Bentley 2

If you use either of these images you can get information from Here

Keith Urban 1
Keith Urban 2

If you use either of these images you can get information from Here

I even have a few examples :lol:

Good:
DB11-2.png
Bad:
DB13-1.png

Good:
luke4-1.png
Bad:
luke5-1.png

Rules:
If you need additonal information or if that site doesn't work for you for any reason feel free to search elsewhere.
You can use other resources besides text!
Don't post your icons anywhere until after the challenge is over.
Must be 100x100 in size and must have part of the lyrics etc... used in any way on your icon.
PM your entry with the subject line "Country Challenge" or similar by 11:59 pm (gmt -4) Tuesday August 4th, 2009

Noooooooooo, not country music! Aaah. I don't even know songs by any of these people. *sigh* Oh well, that's what Google is for. :shifty:

I vote Johnny Depp movies for the next challenge. Or just Johnny Depp. :p But don't make that the comeback challenge! I'd want to participate in it (if I don't get voted out this round)! :lol:

Noooooooooo, not country music! Aaah. I don't even know songs by any of these people. *sigh* Oh well, that's what Google is for. :shifty:

Yeah, I know a lot of people on the board don't like country music ... and then a lot of people do. I started to run this lims to try to make the majority happy ... but since everyone has different tastes it's hard to make everyone happy So I'm sorry if you have to work with stuff that you don't care for. But, no matter which type of music I could have chosen, there's always going to be someone who doesn't like it, it could have happened with rap, pop ...etc

But of course, if I chose something that everyone liked ... these challenges wouldn't be well challenging :lol:

Just using an example, but I'm not too big on Hugh Jackman ... but seeing a lot of people on here are, I chose to do a theme on him.

yay! country! :) i do like some songs and a few artists so this is going to be a blast.

Well, I haven't heard any songs of the mentioned artists, but I do like Country music, so I'll see what I can do.

Wow, nice theme! I don't know country music at all, it's not so popular here, so this is definitely a challenge for me:) but the pics are great so I can't wait to have the time to work with them :)

Oh wow this is going to be an interesting one, seeing as I'm not fan of country music, but I'm totally up for the challenge. :D

Can't believe you did the Hugh Jackman theme when I wasn't around Nikki. :p Just joking, all of the icons were fantastic guys, you totally did him justice. :adore:

I like this challenge! Even if I'm not a huge country fan I'm not too fussed about the subject for these LIMS. It's all part of the challenge! And I like this one, having to use text but not their names. Nice!

Back