Misc LIMS #1: ' Challenge 12-Marilyn Monroe-Results

Re: Misc LIMS #1: Challenge 6 'Country'

Well some, like myself, give a longer entry time right off the bat. Though since entries have been down all around the board, it's hard to persuade people to enter if they themselves do not have time. Also if no one speaks up asking for an extension then it's hard to know that one would like more days. It's not just one side that can do it all.

I'm sorry if you think it's a one sided thing. I thought that how I was running the challenge was working, I haven't heard anything bad about how it was being ran :wtf: To me, offering extensions if the participant needs a couple days later and sending messages to remind participants that a deadline is near is more than a one sided thing. I'm sorry if you or any of the others think I'm doing poorly :(

Well some, like myself, give a longer entry time right off the bat. Though since entries have been down all around the board, it's hard to persuade people to enter if they themselves do not have time. Also if no one speaks up asking for an extension then it's hard to know that one would like more days. It's not just one side that can do it all.

I'm sorry if you think it's a one sided thing. I thought that how I was running the challenge was working, I haven't heard anything bad about how it was being ran :wtf: To me, offering extensions if the participant needs a couple days later and sending messages to remind participants that a deadline is near is more than a one sided thing. I'm sorry if you or any of the others think I'm doing poorly :(

I was pointing out that if people participating in the challenge don't ask for more days, then how is the runner supposed to know they need time? No one is a mind reader, so the person posting the challenge can only do what they can based on feedback; especially if no one asks for more time.

Also you sending out pms about the deadline is fine, but making a comment like this:

Unlike some of the other challenge runners, I just like to be more in touch with my participants, if it's close to a deadline and I haven't received something I try to work something out,

Honestly makes it seem like the other runners don't care about the challenge they run or the people who participate. Like I stated before not everyone has the time to long in more than once or twice a day. And if you do, more power to you.

And no where did I state you were running the challenge poorly, I was following up on a comment that was bordering on bashing others for how they do things, and defending myself as a challenge runner.

Also you sending out pms about the deadline is fine, but making a comment like this:

Unlike some of the other challenge runners, I just like to be more in touch with my participants, if it's close to a deadline and I haven't received something I try to work something out,

Honestly makes it seem like the other runners don't care about the challenge they run or the people who participate. Like I stated before not everyone has the time to long in more than once or twice a day. And if you do, more power to you.

And no where did I state you were running the challenge poorly, I was following up on a comment that was bordering on bashing others for how they do things, and defending myself as a challenge runner.

I'm sorry that you are reading things out of context, I was in no way trying to bash anyone. But everyone can read something someone has said and take it out of context and make it seem however they want. If you see it as bashing, fine but I was no way trying to bash anyone or question how others run their challenges.

I'm sorry that you are reading things out of context, I was in no way trying to bash anyone. But everyone can read something someone has said and take it out of context and make it seem however they want. If you see it as bashing, fine but I was no way trying to bash anyone or question how others run their challenges.

It is hard to tell someone's intended inflection of words on the internet. And when a sentence is started with "unlike some of the other challenge runners" really does not have a positive spin. I'm just pointing out how word choice can be taken the wrong way, food for thought.

Last edited:

^ well i've been participating in challenges in here for a long time. being a LIMS challenge runner before and partcipating in 5 of them as a contestant, i think Something_wicked is the only one that sends out reminder pm's (which btw saved my ass once already :p)

Let's not get into debates here on how other challengers run there themes. Everyone runs the themes to the best of their abilities and their time :)

I'm sorry I opened up that can of worms. In hindsight I should have responded to something_wicked's pm reminder to let her know I was submitting and not sitting out this round.

Anyway. Mine's in.

..... you have until Thursday August 6th (gmt -4) to send the entries in.

Do you mean 11:59 pm (gmt-4) ????

Re: Misc LIMS #1: Challenge 6 'Country' Voting!

I've received all of the entries, besides from the ones who have chose to use their skips.

MISC LIMS 1 Challenge 6 "Country" Voting!

Voting Rules: (Please read)
~ Absolutely anyone may vote! You don't have to be an 'expert' ;)
~ Vote for the Top 2 of least quality, and the Top 2 of best quality.
~ Votes for least quality Must have a reason, or they will not be counted. Reasons for best quality are strongly encouraged

(the following examples may have been "borrowed" from other sources)

Good Examples:
34: Text is oddly placed
50: Icon is over sharpened
62: Image is too blurry

Poor Examples:
96: I don't like the colour (personal preference)
52: Tiny text/decorative brushes are unreadable (it's supposed to be that way)

-----

country1.png
country2.png
country3.png
country4.png
country5.png

country6.png
country7.png
country8.png
country9.png
country10.png

I lost the file on my computer where I kept updated of who has used their free passes. If you've used a pass in any of the challenges will you please state so in a post or when you vote for the challenge. Thanks a lot :)

They're all great. This is always hard.

Least:

05- Overall icon is blurry and a little dark.
01- Blurry around his face.

Best:

07- I love the little sparklies over the icon, nice touch.
08- Beautiful coloring and I love the crop and the swirly around the words.

Wow they're all really good.

Least:
06: Too much saturation on his face, and the text is pretty boring.
10: The text takes up too much space. You can't really see the guy.

Best:
02: I love how you split the icon and put the text in the middle, it looks really cool.
03: I really like the colouring and the placement of the text.

Something_wicked I used a pass this round.

Re: Misc LIMS #1: Challenge 6 'Voting Up'

Least:

06. The icon is over-coloured, his skin tone looks off and the t-shirt is too bright.
05. The contrast is really high, making the icon hard on the eyes.

Best:

02. I like the double image, it works great as a b&w. Very eye catching.
03. I love the crop and the angle, text is perfectly placed

Re: Misc LIMS #1: Challenge 6 'Country' Voting!

LQ:
05 - It is blury because of the high contrast
06 - Too much saturation, which gives his face too much yellow

BQ:
10 - Love the crop, love the text, love the coloring :D
02 - Cool idea!! Like that type of coloring, and the way you put the text!

Something_Wicked, I can't remember :wtf: I'll just surf through all challenges and I'll let you know when I find out :lol:

EDIT - Nope, didn't use any pass :)

Last edited:

LQ:

08: the B in Beautiful seems to have shared in the crop.
05: All around blurry. Maybe a smaller crop?

BQ:

Re: Misc LIMS #1: Challenge 6 'Voting Up'

LQ

01 where the letters meet the shirt the shirt is washed out
02 some of the letters are difficult to see and to read

BQ

Back