Michael Jackson

Ditto...:(

Jackson was really the King Of Pop; he could dance, sing, and compose. Sadly, his parents just used him to earn lots of money to raise his entire, not to mention large, family. The fame he earned from this eventually went to his head and caused him to do many unforgivable things...at least that's what I think happened to him.

*Sighs* Fame is good...once you learn how you know how to not let it take over your brain.

You wanna be tough
Better do what you can
So beat it
But you wanna be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

Just beat it, beat it
Just beat it, beat it
Just beat it, beat it
Just beat it, beat it

Oh! Love this song by Michael Jackson (Beat It from his album, Thriller). I just hope that people will remember him for his amazing songs, moves, and voice and his early years as a singer...and not the sad/disappointing things he's done. :)

i'm just as devastated at the loss of Michael Jackson...

he was something that my older sisters and i had in common. when i was in first grade they were in high school so it was nice to see that we liked the same music. i remember we would watch his music videos a million times until we memorized the dances.

he was a great musician and dancer. i don't care what anybody says, he was a good person and he will be missed.

I just need to put this somewhere! I have been crying on and off since last night. It's weird because it didn't really hit me until now. When I first found out sure I was sad but now that it's really sunken in I can't stop. :/ And I feel weird, I've never cared so much over a celebrity death, especially to the degree where I've cried over it, and it wasn't like I was a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. Sure I did have an MJ phase where I LOVED him, but that was just a phase. I guess because since I had that phase I already had respect for him and knew how amazing he really was before he died that now that I know I'll never be able to like, wait for an album, or buy a brand new one or anything, it's really affecting me. :( *sigh*

I have to say it again, RIP Michael, because you deserve to! <3

^i've been crying off and on since thursday. i cried a couple more times yesterday when i watched the "Rock With You" music video. it brought back memories of my sisters playing that song to death and dancing to it...i guess it's hard to see someone from your childhood die so suddenly...his poor kids...

You know what pisses me off about it? NOW he's getting all the attention and praise he deserves for his music, when before, all people did was make fun of him. Not his real fans, they of course always knew how talented and amazing he was, but the media and everything, now that he's not here to receive this praise, is when they give it to him. It makes me mad and sad at the same time. A lot of people I've talked to have been like "well I'm tired of all the news now" and I think, the more the better. He deserves it.

It must be really hard especially for you, being a fan for most of your life and having memories and everything. To think how it affected me and only because I had an MJ phase? It must be so hard for his major fans.

Last edited:
You know what pisses me off about it? NOW he's getting all the attention and praise he deserves for his music, when before, all people did was make fun of him. Not his real fans, they of course always knew how talented and amazing he was, but the media and everything, now that he's not here to receive this praise, is when they give it to him. It makes me mad and sad at the same time. A lot of people I've talked to have been like "well I'm tired of all the news now" and I think, the more the better. He deserves it.

It must be really hard especially for you, being a fan for most of your life and having memories and everything. To think how it affected me and only because I had an MJ phase? It must be so hard for his major fans.

i totally agree with you. i was on youtube watching some of his videos and all of a sudden you have people commenting on how hot he was. why didn't they tell him when he was alive? i would have told him so if i saw him! my dad is already tired about the news talking about the King of Pop, but i just ignore him.

his poor children...that's another thing that makes me mad. the media is trying to tell them that the man that loved them so much is not their actual father. i think it's ridiculous that the media is trying to make a circus show out of them too. they've suffered enough...

anyways, i feel kinda bad that i can't go to california to go to his public funeral. but thats ok i guess. we're having a candlelight vigil for him here in Reno...it's the next best thing...

I have to try so hard to ignore my family too because they don't understand how much I care and can't seem to keep their comments to themselves. :( Everytime I see something on TV I have to sit there and like take deep breaths so I don't start crying, all while listening to their stupidness.

Oh and his kids! God. It doesn't matter if he wasn't their biological father (and who knows if that's actually true either). They were still his kids! He loved them and took care of them, and I'm sure they loved him back. I wish they could just respect what's in his will and have his mother take care of them. Not to mention the fact that he wanted his kids to be anonymous and tried so hard to keep them that way. *sigh* But with all this legal stuff that I don't understand, who knows what'll happen with them. I just really hope they get to go with who they want (which is probably their grandmother, supposedly they had a good relationship with her, none with their mother), and it's what Michael wanted.

I'm all the way up in Canada so I of course can't go to any sort of memorial, but I definitely would if I lived down there. I'm glad you can at least do something where you live. :)

ugh, everyone is being a buzzkill. i was super excited to go to the vigil when last mintue my parents wouldn't let me go. they said it was a bad part of town and probably no one was going to show up. well, at least 100 people were there listening to his music and dancing! so i missed that opportunity...oh well, i guess i can still rock out to Michael in my room...

i noticed something interesting yesterday. when i listen to his music or watch his videos, i'm not sad. i don't cry. except that one day with the Rock With You video. i'm actually smiling and happy. but then i turn on the news and thats when i cry. its like i forget he's dead and i get reminded of it...is that weird?

i also noticed that his voice is so calming. last night i couldn't sleep, i guess i felt bad about not going to his candlelight vigil. so after tossing and turning for 2 hours i put my ipod in my ears and turned on some Michael. with in seconds of listening to Billie Jean, i finally got sleepy. then next thing i know i'm waking up a couple if minutes later to the next song on the list, P.Y.T(Pretty Young Thing). his voice was so soothing...

I've never considered myself a huge fan of Micheal Jackson, but his music has always been great and I've always enjoyed his songs whenever I had the opportunity to listen to them.

He really was the king of pop as he changed music, a lot. Not to mention that he considered very important both music and dance and he was one of the first artist ever to do so.

The problem is that there's always been to much of negativity around this guy. Everything began when he decided that he wanted to be a black guy anymore. IDK whether it is true or, as someone mentioned, it was all due to an illness he had, all I cared about was the fact that he was the best singer pop music had at the moment.

As for all the other stuff he was involved in, no one will never know the truth and no one will ever agree with eachother, so it is useless, IMHO, to go on with polemics, as the ones I've read all over the internet, whenever it's time to talk about the guy.
He's dead, let him rest in peace and let's remember him for the good actions he did and not the bad ones ;).

When he was alive, I wasn't really a fan. I mean, I didn't not like him, he was just always... there. I've heard most of his songs that were singles and I liked them. I just never listened to them. I hate to be one of those people who listen to his songs now only because he's dead. I mean, I'm not going to go around saying I'm a huge fan now but I've been listening to a few of his songs and they're really great. I love You Rock My World. He really was talented and I'm sorry I didn't realize how much until after he passed away. I definitely have a new found respect for him. May he RIP.

The problem is that there's always been to much of negativity around this guy. Everything began when he decided that he wanted to be a black guy anymore. IDK whether it is true or, as someone mentioned, it was all due to an illness he had, all I cared about was the fact that he was the best singer pop music had at the moment.

As for all the other stuff he was involved in, no one will never know the truth and no one will ever agree with eachother, so it is useless, IMHO, to go on with polemics, as the ones I've read all over the internet, whenever it's time to talk about the guy.
He's dead, let him rest in peace and let's remember him for the good actions he did and not the bad ones ;).
He DID have an illness. I just have to say that. I'll believe the words of the person themself, and he said he did, so I believe he did. There's an interview with Oprah that I'll post the link to. There were so many rumors that she asked him about that he said were absolutely unbelievable and stupid. If you're not an MJ fan or you're one of those people who believes the tabloid stuff (not saying you are), watch the whole thing. The part I'm posting is in Part 3, where he talks about his disease and a lot of other famous Michael Jackson "stories" that weren't true. It's just a really great interview, even if it's from a while ago. It shows how normal and caring he really was.

And you know, I am definitely remembering him for the good things he did. And honestly, not just because I'm a fan, but I don't believe that he did a lot of those "bad things" that people accused him of. I have a ton of respect for him and I genuinly liked him for his talents.

Here's the link to part 3 of that interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U7_gLr2h8k&feature=related But really, it's a good interview, I'd watch the whole thing. The parts should be in the related video. The last few parts are awesome where she asks him to dance and sing. :lol:

It really just breaks my heart to see such a legend pass. I love his music, and wanted to see him live in concert some day. =( It's really a shame, and I feel so bad for his family and children especially.

Like many, I don't believe a word of the allegations that were made against him. I'm not here to talk about that, though.

I think one of my favorite MJ moments was from the 2001 VMA's when NSync was singing pop and all of a sudden the music stutters, and they look back and the giant Etch a Sketch said "King of Pop". I remember I was like "No f-ing way!" Michael came out and did his moves, and I got totally choked up watching it then, and still do now. The standing ovation at the end was just so cool, and I can only imagine how the members of NSync felt at that moment, standing around a legend like MJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUNgU3AoRbc There you go if ya want to watch it. =)

He DID have an illness. I just have to say that. I'll believe the words of the person themself, and he said he did, so I believe he did. There's an interview with Oprah that I'll post the link to. There were so many rumors that she asked him about that he said were absolutely unbelievable and stupid. If you're not an MJ fan or you're one of those people who believes the tabloid stuff (not saying you are), watch the whole thing. The part I'm posting is in Part 3, where he talks about his disease and a lot of other famous Michael Jackson "stories" that weren't true. It's just a really great interview, even if it's from a while ago. It shows how normal and caring he really was.

And you know, I am definitely remembering him for the good things he did. And honestly, not just because I'm a fan, but I don't believe that he did a lot of those "bad things" that people accused him of. I have a ton of respect for him and I genuinly liked him for his talents.

Here's the link to part 3 of that interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U7_gLr2h8k&feature=related But really, it's a good interview, I'd watch the whole thing. The parts should be in the related video. The last few parts are awesome where she asks him to dance and sing. :lol:
Thank you for posting this interview. It is indeed really interesting since I have never been able to watch an interview with the guy.

When I have some more time I'm definetely going to watch the whole thing also because he mentioned lots of interesting things ;)

I think one of my favorite MJ moments was from the 2001 VMA's when NSync was singing pop and all of a sudden the music stutters, and they look back and the giant Etch a Sketch said "King of Pop". I remember I was like "No f-ing way!" Michael came out and did his moves, and I got totally choked up watching it then, and still do now. The standing ovation at the end was just so cool, and I can only imagine how the members of NSync felt at that moment, standing around a legend like MJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUNgU3AoRbc There you go if ya want to watch it. =)
Thank you so much for posting it. This was freaking awesome especially the standing ovetaion at the end of it :eek:. I so love moments like this especially for people who deserve them.
BTW, was it the last public even he took part in or am I wrong?

No problem Florry, and K-Bug that was epic. :lol: So awesome.

I think my two favourite videos of his are Dirty Diana, which gives me chills it's so good, and You Rock My World. You Rock My World is like 12 minutes long but it's so awesome. :lol:

Back