Michael Jackson

No I understand what you're saying, but I respectfully disagree. I agreed with what you were saying up until they brought everyone on stage to do his most important hits, "We Are the World" and "Heal the World". IMO those are some of his most touching hits. Instead of performing "Bad" and "Billy Jean" they are doing some of his most important music. To me, that is the best way to remember him. Having the children on stage performing his best pieces of work was great.

I understood what Brooke Shields was saying, but to me, it seemd like what she was saying was more of a personal memory. What I'm trying to say was that her memory seemed more about her than about Michael. It was still touching and made me tear up a little bit, but it just kind of rang hollow.

ETA: When his daughter got on stage and started speaking, I got chills. Those poor children have had to endure so much. The last few minures really made me tear up. I thought the ceremony was tasteful. The lone microphone with a spotlight on it was a nice touch as well.

Last edited:
i have it seen also it was great with some tears.

first tears from me came with the first notes of i ll be there when mariah came on , its was beautifull, and with some more celebs with storys it was nice with fun thing between.

Brooke shields was great with a lot of sadness.

And then Paris it was heart breaking...

and he is the biggest entertainer in history ...

oh and here on tv they airing the concerts of Dangerous and History wooohoo

That little girl put tears in my eyes.She made us felt for her.For the rest,I liked "We are the word" ,Stevie Wonder and Jennifer Hudson.It was an emotional memorial sevice.:(

WOW> what a memorial, heartwrenching. I cracked when the brothers brought out his casket, so sad. But it was a great tribute to him and his talent. Some uplifiting moments for me were Brooke Shields, cute poignant stories, and how his favorite song was "SMILE which then Jermaine sang, "Smile though your heart is breaking".... and Smokey Robinson, describing his song that Michael sang when he was 10"How could he have such soul, and know so much, I wanted to see his birth certificate" :lol: and Mariah, earth shattering song. All of them and the end when Paris talked I cried again.. It's so hard to believe he's gone:(

Last edited:
I had it all held in, until his daughter spoke. :( I thought it was nice of her to get up there, it really showed that he was a great dad, and it was nice to hear about him from someone who knew him best and thought of him as just her dad, not this big famous celebrity.

The whole thing I thought was really well put together. With all the "I don't think this is how Michael would have wanted it", it was up to his family who knew him best. If they thought this was the best way to have it then I'm sure it was.

I loved the performances of We Are the World and Heal the World. So great. I loved Magic Johnson's most memorable moment of his life. Watching Michael Jackson eat KFC. :lol:

I never cry over the death of anyone famous, until today.

I started crying when Usher sang, but when his daughter spoke that's when I lost it and was sobbing like crazy. That broke my heart seeing her so distraught because despite all the the wonderful things he did for music, in the end he was someone's dad and she didn't care about any of that stuff, she just wanted her dad back.

There were many moving moments. The wonderful and very poignant speeches made by Rev. Al Sharpton and Martin Luther King Jr's daughter (sorry forgot her name). I loved it when Sharpon told the kids, "There was nothing strange about your daddy, it was strange what was happening to your daddy."

I was also very touched by how the Jackson brothers and sisters flocked around the children so protectively. Janet and her sisters were like mother hens just hovering around Paris when she made her speech. Those kids are in good hands.

A perfect ceremoney, less Hollywood, more comemorative.

Last edited:
hi i watched the show with my mum and we both cracked right at the end , when his Brother and his Daughter Spoke :( it was very emotional show . i didn't know that he was in the guiness books of records

Last edited:
Ok I just rewatched the memorial and while I managed not cry while Brooke Shields was talking about their friendship....Paris was too much for me. Gosh I really felt for her. I never thought they could ever make his childrend speak and I was shocked when Micheal's brother said she wanted to talk.

Very emotional event. While I loved Brooke Shields (I've never known she had been one of Micheal's best friends) b/c her speech was soo emotional, I chcuckled more than once during Magic Johnson's speech (Watching Michael Jackson eat KFC, LOL) and while the "motown" (hope I got it right) founder talked about Micheal's first experiences in the music business.

And what about the live perfomances??? Gosh they were all terrific.

But the thing I most loved of this ceremony, aside from Paris' very short speech, was the microphone in the middle of the stage and with a spot of light on it. Best way ever, IMHO, to remember a great artist like Micheal!

gosh from start to finished i cried. jennifer husdon's performance was amazing!! i also felt bad for Usher...he could barely finish the song. i thought that Sharpton's speech was cool. "There was nothing strange about your daddy. it was strange what your daddy had to deal with". i thought that was great to say.

i also feel for his kids. i thought it was nice that Paris spoke. although it drove me nuts when people were shocked with how articulate she is. what did they think Michael did, lock them up and play all day? get real...

RIP Michael!!!

That boy from London, blew me away, I got chills, talk about talented, Aheem last name impossible to remember, sang the Smokey Robinson song that Michael sang when he was 10. Who's Loving You fantastic, talk about soul~ :eek: everyone was awesome, wonderful and Stevie Wonder singing "I Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer" "Why didn't you stay" tear-jerker:(

^ Shaheen Jafargholi? :)

Thank's Hush I saw him after I posted this, and he was on CNN with Larry, and he asked him what his heritage was, and it's an Iranian name,[his dad] with an English mom, who played Michael Jackson songs since hs was a tiny kid. And 31 million fans watched the memorial in America, not counting the fans around the world which I believe were in the billions~:bolian:

you know i realized how ridiculous people can be. today my mom and i bought some magazines about Michael, we've been starting a collection. when we were paying for them the cashier lady thought it was cool but the guy behind us loud huffed and rolled his eyes. my mom didn't skip a beat and loudly told the lady "all people do is think of the bad. the poor man is dead so lets think of something positive for a change" the guy turned red and looked away.

it's sad to say Michael isn't very popular around here...

Ha! Go your mom! That's very true though. And half of the bad things people think about weren't ever proven.

you know i realized how ridiculous people can be. today my mom and i bought some magazines about Michael, we've been starting a collection. when we were paying for them the cashier lady thought it was cool but the guy behind us loud huffed and rolled his eyes. my mom didn't skip a beat and loudly told the lady "all people do is think of the bad. the poor man is dead so lets think of something positive for a change" the guy turned red and looked away.

it's sad to say Michael isn't very popular around here...

When Michael went through all the horrible stuff, I shut it out because I wanted to protect my childhood memories of him. So I ignored any news story on the case. Now that he's gone, I took some time to read the court files posted on Smoking Gun website and there were more holes in that case than swiss cheese. I can't believe the DA went after him to begin with?

Anyways, that's all said and done if there is any silver lining, it is that Michael Jackson is finally at peace. Finally.

Thankfully, his music will live on, my daughter has taken an interest in it and she loves it!

Back