Michael Jackson

^First off, luf100 we've used the same pic in our icons *high fives*.

I found out Michael had died really early in the morning to I didn't think it sunk in at first. I woke up Thursday morning around 5am my time...it was really hot and I wasn't getting much sleep.....I turn on the news to hear that Michael has passed away I was in absolute total shock, I was looking forward to his concerts here in the UK and my dad had plan to get tickets. It didn't sink in at first, and I don't it's even sunk in now. I remember my dad being upset too, I mean how could he not....He grow up listening to Michael...He was 10 years younger than Michael. My dad still tells us how in '92 (a year after I was born) he went to one of Michael concerts probably from the Dangerous Tour I'm guessing..that was the only concert my dad managed to go to, after that he just didn't have the time.

For me even being 18 years of age....Michael was that memory of my childhood that I can never let go of. I remember my dad brought Moonwalker and we would watch that movie over and over again, we adore all the different songs in it. I was always rewind it to the beginning when Man In The Mirror was playing, I loved that song so much as a kid....I loved the earlier stuff from the Jackson 5 which my dad showed us....I'm just so gald that through my dad I was able to experience the music of one of the world's greatest musician and entertainer.

I remember getting teased alot in school for liking Michael because people my age thought he was/is weird. I'm not a huge fan of Michael, he was just introduced to me through my father who loved Michael's music. I will however still say that I am glad my dad introduce me to such a great man, entertain and musician. People always tend to focus on the negative things about Michael they don't focus on the positives song like 'Man In The Mirror','We Are The World', 'Heal The World' and 'The Earth Song'.

Last edited:
*high fives* Do you have the other pics? Like the ones you're using in your sig? They're such awesome pics.

In a way I wish I was introduced when I was younger, but I'm also glad I wasn't because this would be a lot harder on me. I just started liking Michael maybe a year or two ago, but I was never a HUGE fan. *sigh* But I'm still glad I can say I liked him and his music before he died. :)

There are soo many positive things about him that in years to come I'm sure he'll be remembered for instead of the negative.

I think my two favourite videos of his are Dirty Diana, which gives me chills it's so good, and You Rock My World. You Rock My World is like 12 minutes long but it's so awesome. :lol:

alot of his music videos were really long. but i think thats what made them cool. they had a storyline to them which some music videos today lack. they don't have to be as long as his but they can try to make sense...

anyways, my favorite videos were "Smooth Criminal" the one where you can see him dance, "Remember the Time", "Billie Jean" i don't know why but i do, "Bad", "You Rock My World", "Thriller" need i say more, and "Black or White"...i think his longest video ever was "Ghost"...

i gona miss him, finally he gets the repects that he deserves, ok it was his fault doing grazy, but his music is great.

who is looking to the memoryal service on tv? a channel here in the netherlands send it live on tv wooohooo.

songs that i like?Will you be there, Dirty Diana ,Billy Jean Thriller, Beat it, Who is it, in the closet, give in to me, the dont care about us, Earht song. and many more.

I think my two favourite videos of his are Dirty Diana, which gives me chills it's so good, and You Rock My World. You Rock My World is like 12 minutes long but it's so awesome. :lol:
anyways, my favorite videos were "Smooth Criminal" the one where you can see him dance, "Remember the Time", "Billie Jean" i don't know why but i do, "Bad", "You Rock My World", "Thriller" need i say more, and "Black or White"...i think his longest video ever was "Ghost"...
I watched Ghost on TV, and with commercials, it was an hour long. They called it Michael Jackson: Ghosts, and he played like three different characters in it. It was great. :lol: I heard that MJ and some other person (a friend of something) ended up calling all of his music videos "short films" instead.

I like a lot of his vids where you see him dance too, more than others, because he dances in most of them. That's pretty much the only reason I watch them, I'm like amazed by his dancing. Are there more than one version of Black or White? Or is there only that one with Macaulay Culkin in it? :confused:

Remke79: I don't think I'm going to look for it on TV. It'll just make me cry and I don't want to be sitting there with my family trying to hold in tears while they all talk about it like it's nothing. :/ I probably would if I was alone...

This is a wonderful dedication, from a fan, and his thoughts about Michael~

I remember Michael Jackson. He was a brother of my generation. He and I were both born in 1958. Dwight Eisenhower was president "Perry Mason", "Maverick" and "Gunsmoke, and "Father Knows Best" were among the top TV shows. ELVIS the biggest singing sensation. Gas was a quarter. Big cars with chrome and super-sized tailfins were the "in" thing. The first time I heard of Michael was in the early "70's". I remember seeing him on several TV shows:the dancing, the talent, the music. That music was cool. I remember the 1970's the "Jackson Five" cartoon that was on Saturday mornings. I remember Michael as the Scarecrow in "The Wiz". I remember Michael as a father who loved his children and as an humanitarian who cared about the world. His influence was overwheming. He gave the world his heart, through his music. I treasure the time when he toured with his brothers on the Victory Tour in 1984. I sat outside the RFK stadium in Washington, D.C. in the wee morning hours, waiting for my chance at two tickets. It wa such a treat to sit on the football field right around the 20-yard line, watching the Jacksons sing their biggest hits. Michael did his signature moonwalk. He was superb. I listen to some of the younger talent. I'm sure these entertainers have been incflunced by Michael--Justin Timberlake, Kayne West, Britney Spears, Beyonce and others--just as Michael was influnced by James Brown, Jackie Wilson and even Fred Astaire. I am very fortunate that we have the technology to listen and see Michael at his peak. His life may be over, but in my heart he will never be truly dead. Similarly, the musice of Elvis, John Lennon, George Harrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Ray Charles, James Brown and Jackie Wilson, they'll always be ther to listen to and enjoy. I will miss Michael, who was from my generation, which includes George Clooney, Madonna, Denzel Washington, Eddie Murphy and our new President Barack Obama. Despite his troubles, I say "LONG LIVE MICHAEL JACKSON"

David Neal
San Bernardino Sun

*high fives* Do you have the other pics? Like the ones you're using in your sig? They're such awesome pics.

In a way I wish I was introduced when I was younger, but I'm also glad I wasn't because this would be a lot harder on me.

Oh sure here's the link to the gallery where I found those pics:
http://www.mjjpictures.com/main.html
those pics are specifically in the 2006 - 2008 Photoshoots > Ebony Magazine - November 2007 of the gallery! Enjoy! :)

Yep it's definately harder when you've been introduced to Michael when you were younger, but for me I don't think it's quite sunk in so I have managed to cry or get as upset as I should.

I like a lot of his vids where you see him dance too, more than others, because he dances in most of them. That's pretty much the only reason I watch them, I'm like amazed by his dancing. Are there more than one version of Black or White? Or is there only that one with Macaulay Culkin in it? :confused:

His dancing is so amazingly awesome, and the fact that his singing is just as great makes his talent and his performances so spectacular.

I don't think I'm going to look for it on TV. It'll just make me cry and I don't want to be sitting there with my family trying to hold in tears while they all talk about it like it's nothing. :/ I probably would if I was alone...

I'm pretty sure you can watch it online, correct me if I'm wrong but that what I heard, there'll be a live stream online via webcam. So you could always watch it that way.

i believe there are 2 versions. both have Macaulay Culkin in them. the difference is there was 1 where at the very end he does this dance in the street to no music and he starts smashing windows and cars.

Desertwind: That was so nice. :)

Shazza: Thanks for the link! I may try to watch it online, still not sure yet though.

luvspeed: Aah okay. I was on another forum where someone said they loved the dance at the end of Black or White, so I watched on YouTube, and there was no dance at the end. :lol: So I didn't know if there were two versions or they were just confused. Thanks. I'm gonna search until I find it.

luf100: no problem! at first i didn't know about the 2 versions of of Black or White until i saw the extended one on VH1:Classic.

so...how about that comment from Rep. Peter King? what a jerk...

Oh lordy. I saw it on TMZ but I didn't bother watching the clip. Don't need to hear anymore crap. :rolleyes:

Watching the Memorial Service as we speak (type).
I'm so sorry to say that it was said it would beat the Diana funeral, but it really doesn't. It even doesn't beat Elvis's funeral. Michael was a great star, don't get me wrong. But from what till I've seen now, I would have reckon it would have been more spectucalair. I think Michael deserved better than that. This is so sad :(

I think it's great. I think it's just as good as I anticipated. I just wish Sharpton would sit down....

The performances so far have been great though.

Okay, she was emotional.
But somehow i don't think this is how Michael wanted to be remembered.
Erm... I'm Dutch (excuse me) but when I saw the the memorial of André Hazes (a great star in the Netherlands), it was far more personal and emotional.
I'm not sure if i'm right, but this is a service to remember Michael's life. He always wanted to make other people feel better. So why can't they do the same for him now. I'm probably not making sense. Call me nuts. My doctor's do. *slap*

Back