Miami season 8 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Hi, people. I joined yesterday and I've been sort of browsing the forums to see if I might post something that's been going round and round in my head since last Tuesday. Think this is the place!
    First, I'd better declare my interest/obsession. Horatio... love him, adore him, would take a bullet for him...
    So... episode 801... what do you think about H's words to Eric (you now which ones). I watched that, hardly believed it, watched to the end, then rewatched that scene, several times. Not good for the health. 'I feel it too' about 'slipping away'. Is he suicidal? Nothing in his make-up suggests it. But I can quite see a sort of 'death wish' setting in, where he takes more and more risks until it gets him killed. And 'you're all I've got left' to Eric. How strong is that? Clearly more than he feels for the others, or his women, or his son. Perhaps since they became brothers-in-law.
    He comes over as stressed and deeply depressed. Now, it could just be careless scripting, or it could be very subtle scripting, but, if the latter, are they setting us up for the inevitable?
    I'd better stop. I'm not sure it's polite to make an essay of one's first post!

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

welcome to boards daisymay :)

i think its good to express your opinion. i do same and mostly they are almost like essays :D

and that thing about H, i was like what?
    i never realised what he said to Eric that episode. most of it i couldn't hear at all so rewatched it more times. i think i should find this episode on youtube watch it again. you made me curious :)

3. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Yes, do watch it again, and let me know if I'm imagining things.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

First of all welcome on board daisymay :beer:

Secondly, nope...you're not imagining things. I've already watched this episode long time ago, but I recall the scene you're mentioning. I do think that too much of importance has been given to Eric ever since Marisol's first appearence. I certainly don't like this new bond between Horatio and Eric 'cause it is not healthy....at least from a psychological POV....for any of them.

5. Leggo my Jodieo

Leggo my Jodieo Hit and Run

hmmm. I agree, it was a very emotionally intense scene in the hospital room.

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I have to say that this bond between H and E is very useful if you're writing (which I do). It allows for some outside of work stuff, informality - I even let them insult each other occasionally - which all stops when they're at work. There has to be someone for that sort of interaction - call it my pet indulgence! I like my H with just a little more vulnerability than in the show!

7. Leggo my Jodieo

Yeah, in the show he's like some kind of super hero :rolleyes: lol.

I write Fanfiction too, but none from CSI: Miami, just CSI: LV. When I get to 50 messages (just about 20 to go!) I'm going to put a link onto my signature to my FF account.

Ok, I'm trying my best to wait another day for episode 2 of season 8... :lol:

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I hope they put Miami on for you :) They really mess you around, dont they? :(

Welcome to the forum! I see what you mean about H's speech, he does come across as rather depressed and a little suicidal in it. But it was an emotional moment for him, and he is obviously very strong and puts it all behind him and keeps on helping people. :cool:

I cant say I was thrilled with H's statement about Eric being all he has left. Hello?? You have a son. Although again, I can put that down to being very emotional. But I agree with you Florry, Im not keen on H and Eric's 'special relationship.' Its a bit much.

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That scene was quite the interesting topic last season. After reading your comments here, I re-watched the scene paying close attention to the dialogue -- "I lost her,...Ray, ...and Speed. You're all I have left, Eric" --
    I think it could be possible that Horatio meant that Eric was all he had left of them. My apologies in advance for getting cheezy and deep here (lol), but it could just be that Eric is who helps keep thier memory alive in Horatio's eyes (Raymond because Eric was the closest to being a brother after Ray's death; Speed/Marisol because they were closest to Eric) and that's why he stated it that way: "you're all I have left".

I prefer to look at it that way, as I agree with so many others that Eric is not the ONLY person Horatio has left on this earth. But, I could see it being that he's all that's left of Marisol & Speed (& the only "bro" Horatio has left).

Just my 2 cents worth, happy S8 viewing.

10. Leggo my Jodieo

That's a very deep interpretation, I would have never thought of it :lol:

I just thought that H said that because they were close, but then he started talking about Marisol and Speed so I got a bit like :wtf: because he also has the rest of his team like Ryan and Calleigh and the new guys.

And thanks, I will enjoy the season, even though I stupidly found out what happens at the end :scream:

11. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I realise you'll all have discussed this before. It's frustrating having to wait so long in the UK. Is there a chance to read the views that were posted previously? (I haven't quite found my way round the site yet - some kind person direct me...?)

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

The 'Out of Time' thread is here:
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=59077

To see past threads -- go to the very bottom of the CSI:Miami forum to where it says 'Display options'; click to 'last year' & then 'show threads'. You might have to dig some but they're all there. And as you are a Horatio fan, always feel free to head into the DC/Horatio thread for discussion if you'd like -- we're up for it. :p

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

ok I'll do that as soon as i can.
    it'll bother me untill i see it.
    pretty curious so it won't get away of me so fast :D

H and suicidal. that would be whole way different storyline :O

yeah i am indeed feeling pretty messed up.
    and i really hate that feeling.
    so annoying.
    but all i can do is pray that I'll see Miami instead of anything else they might show.
    it's not that i don't want to see any other show but it's just Miami is my top priority and I'M DYING TO SEE RYAN AGAIN AND AGAIN :lol:

hope to see 801 tomorrow. oh boy its already tomorrow :lol:
    then i guess i must go to sleep.

ok i'm putting Ryan dreams on non-stop-repeat-play-over-and-over-again :lol:

14. Leggo my Jodieo

Just have to get through today and I can watch it :lol:
    Ugh, I was up most of the night last night as well because a HUGE moth flew into my room and I had to find it and get it. I HATE moths and I swear it was the size of my palm :eek:

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

MJ- That explanation does make sense. Considering H does have family and friends left it was strange what he said to Eric. But in the context of Marisol especially- Eric is his link to her which is probably why they have the 'special relationship', H may have felt he was losing another part of her. And as I said above, he was very emotional at the time, and you say all sorts of things in those circumstances.

Dont worry. That end episode doesnt really give anything away about the earlier episodes of the season. It wont matter at all. Just dont go looking at any others on youtube :lol:

Horrible. I hate moths and generally any other insects.

Happy viewing tonight, everyone!