"Meet Market" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 28, 2007.

1. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

So did I. And the fact that there was no tension at all from either of them.

I thought the whole tissue donation storyline was horrific. The fact that they are, in effect, killing people who weren't even terminally ill is just awful.

Speaking of horrific (to some :lol:), Grissom actually wrote a love sonnet to Sara in his letter. This was posted on YTDAW (though it's available anywhere so I guess it's ok to post):

Betwixt mine eye and heart a league is took,
    And each doth good turns now unto the other:
    When that mine eye is famish'd for a look,
    Or heart in love with sighs himself doth smother,
    With my love's picture then my eye doth feast,
    And to the painted banquet bids my heart;
    Another time mine eye is my heart's guest,
    And in his thoughts of love doth share a part:
    So, either by thy picture or my love,
    Thy self away, art present still with me;
    For thou not farther than my thoughts canst move,
    And I am still with them, and they with thee;
    Or, if they sleep, thy picture in my sight
    Awakes my heart, to heart's and eye's delight.

Grissom is in loOOOooove. So much so that he isn't going to mail the letter. He's going to go back to Sara a week early because he misses her so much. :D

Either that or he totally forgot her address, which was my first thought. :lol:

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I thought his hesitancy to finish the address was that he realized he was still sending things to Sara at the lab instead of her home, and how impersonal it seemed.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

In discussion threads such as this one, you can discuss this episode till your hearts content without worry of spoiling others, because it has the spoiler tag in the main title and its for the episode listed.

4. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I'm enjoying all of the theories with regards to Grissom trying to write Sara's address on the envelope. My theory (probably wrong) is that Sara is moving to a new apartment and Grissom can't remember her new address. I might be imagining it, but I think I read somewhere that Sara has a nice new apartment. Like I said, I'm probably all wrong about that.

5. brass_lives

Is that the lab's address? Even so. If my boyfriend sent me a sonnet that basically said I was in his thoughts no matter how far away from him I was at the time, I wouldn't think it was impersonal.

Back to the rest of the episode, I thought Nick was awesome again. George Eads is just the man. I loved how he faced down the tissue pimp and how he was staying after hours to follow through on the case.

Keppler's storyline is creeping me out. That whisper at the end gave me the willies. He was great in the umbrella scene, too. I had already seen it in the promo, but the 'bad luck' line was priceless.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I thought the show was quite good.

I was surprised to see Grissom in this one. I wasn't expecting him back until next episode.

I thought the reason Grissom didn't send the letter was because he forgot the apartment's address.

Nick was THE MAN tonight. THE TOTAL MAN. And it looks like we get a fair bit more of Nick the next episode.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

We finally get a grissom scene, and it's wasted on writting a letter to sara! grrr...

on a lighter note, looks like he finally realized what a bad idea the relationship is.

the eppy was ok, i thought the sara case was kind of boring, but the ending was crazy! Seemed like there was a double meaning throughout sara's case, like it was hinting at her bad relationship...at least that is what i got.

8. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I've got mixed reviews about this episode. I liked the storyline about the harvesting and the secondary storyline but over all it was just okay.

The ending left me wondering who was in the darkness whispering Kepplers name?? :eek:

Next episode looks a bit more intense.

9. brass_lives

This should put the "break up letter" theory to rest (unless you're just really determined). The entire letter (courtesy of a gal on YTDAW):

Sara,

Our parting was awkward. I don't know
    why I find it so difficult to express my
    feelings for you... Even though we're far apart,
    I can see you as vividly as if you were here
    with me... I said I'll miss you, and I do.

Sonnet #47

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

*sqqqqqueeeeeeeeee* Grissom is SO in Love guys, i agree brass_lives. and writing a sonnet in a letter (not e-mail or anything) is just the most romantic thing ever. it shows he's not an ass after all. i'm loving this season, i'm loving it!

11. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

It is true geek love :)

I think David did get the best line of the entire show. Sort of a poke at the show itself, which is good.

The continuality people were sort of asleep on the switch though. The angry mood of the previous episode was absolutely nowhere to be seen, everyone was smiles and chuckles, even with Keppler.

My personal feeling is that the person calling kepplers name is the same guy leaving all the messages, which is likely the same guy that Keppler is going to deny knowing.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

the way I saw it, that was the letter that was supposed to be in the box, but he hesitated, then decided not to put it in the box. I think that is way out of character for grissom to write somthing like that...ulg.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Adxiz damn, sounds so romantic :pcan't wait I haven't seen it yet!! shouldn't be reading this :( curiosity killed the cat :eek: you who hates spoilers[/b] I swear.. just kidding, I'll post my comments after I watch it!!

14. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Interesting episode. Much better than last week's hard-to-follow mess. I need to rewatch tonight's, but I liked the flow of the character relationships.

And, I liked the end when the murderer was talking about how he didn't have a mother. That hit Sara really hard, poor girl. She was trying to keep it together, but things like that are easy for her to relate to... Foster care... tragedy. Just wanna hug her!

Nick rocked out, tonight. When he got in that tissue/bone guy's face at the end, I wanted to hug him. It was attitude, but it was determination. He wasn't going to let up. He was going to make sure that if anything was wrong in that place, he was going to find it. Go Nick!

Loved that Sara didn't kill the bug on the stick. Also, I liked the letter. Some of us have worried for a bit about whether Grissom is just completely clueless or completely socially awkward. Turns out, it's a bit of both, but that little letter really endeared him to me. It showed a lot of sweetness and consideration. Dope should've mailed it.

I talked to my father about that scene, and he thinks that Grissom didn't send the letter because he decided he'd rather just see Sara and hand-deliver it. Considering my dad has a few extra decades of life compared to me, I'll take something that sweet... And Dad HATES ships of any kind! LOL!

Keppler really fit this episode, and I still maintain that he has a great sense of humor. His lines really crack me up, sometimes. I can't remember anything specific at this moment, but I really enjoy his humor.

Neat episode. Looking forward to next week a lot more than I thought I would be.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm sooo looking forward to next week!

Liked the bits of GSR...hey xfcanadian, just curious, why do you think it's OOC?

Keppler's studying the MCSK models kinda intrigued me and when he said Grissom fit the profile or whatever I wondered about that too.

When did Greg say his thing was postponed? Did he say why? I must've missed it.

Oh and yay for more Warrick screentime