"MEAT JEKYLL" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I noticed in one scene in the promo video that it looks like Langston is wearing a bullet proof vest (at least it looks a lot like the one Nick is wearing in For Warrick). I wonder if this comes about after Nick (yes, I believe it is Nick) gets shot or is it maybe because they think that Langston is the only one in danger from Dr. Jekyll?

I know Catherine goes above Brass' head to get Haskell but I just can't believe that Brass lets them do this without bullet proof vests on! :wtf:

Susan

I noticed in one scene in the promo video that it looks like Langston is wearing a bullet proof vest (at least it looks a lot like the one Nick is wearing in For Warrick). I wonder if this comes about after Nick (yes, I believe it is Nick) gets shot or is it maybe because they think that Langston is the only one in danger from Dr. Jekyll?

I know Catherine goes above Brass' head to get Haskell but I just can't believe that Brass lets them do this without bullet proof vests on! :wtf:

Susan

It looks more to me like those vests doctors wear when they are around x-ray machines....maybe Langston and Super Dave are x-raying a body for any of Jekyll's "presents"

I know this sounds mean to the Greg fans but I'm really hoping it's Greg that gets shot and not Nick. Nick has already been through a lot of torture. Can't we just leave Nick alone to find some nice woman, have 2.5 kids, and a labradoodle? :)

Uh, Greg has been through a lot of torture too! He was nearly burned alive or blown up, depending on how you want to look at it. And he was nearly beaten to death as well. Nick was pushed out of a window and buried alive (I don't count being at gun point because he didn't actually get physically harmed that/those time(s) ). I think Greg, Nick, Sara and Cath have all been through enough. They should pick on someone who has never been picked on much. :lol: Technically some of the labrats could be considered CSIs because they do go in the field once in a while. So it could be one of them. It would be a nice change to have one of them hurt and be a nice thing for the actors to play out. The main actors have gotten to play that out, but the others have not.

Uh, Greg has been through a lot of torture too! He was nearly burned alive or blown up, depending on how you want to look at it. And he was nearly beaten to death as well. Nick was pushed out of a window and buried alive (I don't count being at gun point because he didn't actually get physically harmed that/those time(s) ). I think Greg, Nick, Sara and Cath have all been through enough. They should pick on someone who has never been picked on much. :lol: Technically some of the labrats could be considered CSIs because they do go in the field once in a while. So it could be one of them. It would be a nice change to have one of them hurt and be a nice thing for the actors to play out. The main actors have gotten to play that out, but the others have not.

But who really wants to see Wendy or Henry being fawned over in a hospital bed? I love the lab rats but I'm not in love with them.

But who really wants to see Wendy or Henry being fawned over in a hospital bed? I love the lab rats but I'm not in love with them.

Who says they would be? The character who is shot is said to be shot in the middle of the episode or something. They aren't going to spend much time on that person in a hospital bed because they'll be too busy trying to catch Jekyll. Also, Grave Danger ended with Nick's rescue. When the show came back the next season, he wasn't in a hospital bed he was back at work. So, I don't see why they'd have to show anyone fawning over them in a hospital bed. Chances are if Hodges/Wendy were hurt the only ones visiting them would be each other (and possibly Henry if Wendy was hurt).

I don't want to see Greg get hurt again. Or Nick for that matter. Both of them have been tptb's whipping boys for far too long. I'm sick of it. I'm tired of every time they need to have a character injured its almost always the same two or three characters. They need to mix it up a bit. Repetition is boring and annoying. :lol: It's time for someone else to get the chance to be injured. :lol:

Susan

Also in this scene there is a white backdrop, like a curtain in an emergency room. I think whoever got shot that Ray is updating them, I would be sure that Ray would follow that person to the hospital. The way Nick or Greg gets shot they tend to seem as it is the shoulder, just the way his body goes to the side and the right arm goes back...so I don't think it is the life threatening injury...I think that will come towards the end and that it will be Catherine, the last injury inflicted not by Jekyll but by Haskell.

YIKES:wtf: I don't want to see any of my peeps shot, I love them all, if one is, I hope it's a small arm or leg wound that will heal quickly. And they've all been through traumatic situations, all of them at one time or another. I at this point don't have a clue who this creep-show is but can't wait to see:confused:

You're right, Desertwind. Let's just hope that the injury occurs to the character somewhere in the first 20mins that way whoever it is will be walking and talking with the CSI family by the time the episode ends.

Has it been discussed yet on why the episode is titled, "Meat Jekyll"? I know it's a play on words but where does the "Meat" part come in at? Is Jekyll going to meet Langie at a meat processing factory?

You're right, Desertwind. Let's just hope that the injury occurs to the character somewhere in the first 20mins that way whoever it is will be walking and talking with the CSI family by the time the episode ends.

Well, according to the TV Guide Megabuzz (that I think Shane posted over in the season 10 spoiler thread) someone will be gunned down about midway through. But if this person lives or dies may just be our cliffhanger part since I believe we're supposed to solve the Jekyll case but we'll still have a cliffhanger.

-----
"How many of the CSIs will be in danger in the CSI season finale? — Caleb
ADAM: At least two, and one of them will be gunned down by Dr. Jekyll about midway through the finale. The other is part of a super-secret twist that executive producer Carol Mendelsohn is very excited about. Pressed for details, she would only hint that Jekyll isn't the only person to keep an eye on. "One or more of our CSIs will fall victim to one or more of our serial killers," she says."

-----
Of course the "One or more of our CSIs will fall victim to one or more of our serial killers" is a whole nother thing. :lol: We got Jekyll out there trying to kill them and what the he** is Haskell going to do?

Susan

Has it been discussed yet on why the episode is titled, "Meat Jekyll"? I know it's a play on words but where does the "Meat" part come in at? Is Jekyll going to meet Langie at a meat processing factory?

Some people think the title means that whoever Jekyll is, his occupation is or used to be as a butcher. I think that's a good possibility.

Blackflag, at first I thought Ray had on a bulletproof vest too, but then I thought it was like a lead apron for x-rays. So, who knows?

Fawning over someone who's been hurt? On CSI? Never! :lol: People are injured and then just show up afterward all better, for the most part.

I'm so used to expecting the worst now that I think I'll be disappointed if it's just a flesh wound that Nick suffers. :lol:

I'm so used to expecting the worst now that I think I'll be disappointed if it's just a flesh wound that Nick suffers. :lol:

There's a Monty Python joke in there somewhere...

And, of course, there is a third category of injury, namely non-fatal but serious enough to prevent Nick (if that is who gets shot) from being able to work as a CSI again or soon. That might be an interesting outcome.

Back