Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I guess Kie forgot to post about this, hehe. She found the lady who played the victim that attacked Catherine and died of rabies in The Gone Dead Train on Twitter - Caryn Mower. We're pretty sure it's the real thing because Kie found her through another former WWE diva's official Twitter. :)

Anyways, Kie asked Caryn how was it like to work with Marg. Caryn said Marg was awesome. Than we started a short chat about her scene with Marg, a.k.a. Catherine's attack. Caryn is really nice. You can go here to see the conversation. If you want, you can also hover on her Twitter username to see her hovercard and start following her. :)

2. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Haha, Erica!

But, yes, that is the real deal. Lilian Garcia (former WWE Diva/coworker with Caryn) posted a pic with her on her account and linked to her Twitter.

Caryn is really nice, and a really cool lady. Erica posted the video of their attack to her, and Caryn was really excited to see it, and said to remember that Marg did a lot of her own stunts and took a chin to the head, which doesn't sound fun. Poor M.

I remember the interview Marg did to promote the episode with...ET Online, I think it was? I'll never forget it, cause Marg said "The woman who played the crazy woman who attacked me was a former WWE Wrestler, so...I met my match." The way she said it cracks me up!

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I read the tweets on Margamania. That's funny that Marg went up against a WWE wrestler.

4. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Maybe TPTB are applying a little "subtle" pressure on her to get her to sign a new contract. You know, 'Sign or we'll write more scenes like this for you.' ;)
    LaSquisita

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I still can't get past the fact that every time I see Caryn, I keep thinking it's Dina Meyer. Not-so-strangely, Caryn was a stunt double for Dina in Birds of Prey as well.

I like how they put Marg up against a real stunt lady (for a little bit anyway). We know Marg is plenty tough!

6. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

ROFL LaSquishta! I don't know, M may be about 5'5", maybe 125 lbs., but I wouldn't bet against her mano y mano! She seems like the scrappy type! ;-)

I love that she's willing to do her own stunts, too. A lot of actresses would sit back and let the stunt people do it, but not Marg. I like that she gets down and dirty with the stunt girls. And that fight scene was incredibly insane, so I bet Marg had a few bruises. Maybe I should ask Caryn, lol!

7. ladyhunter

I laughed when I read that too LaSquisita :lol:
    Marg seems like a tough chic. And I mean that in a good way. I mean she seems like she can hold her own. Obviously she could against a WWE fighter.
    And I'll bet she was sore and bruised after taking on a real wrestler.

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

It also reminds me of her fights/struggles in some of her movies -
    like TTEOAK with RDA and the one with Michael Beihn (what the heck is the name again?)
    and can't forget some of the CB altercations as KC.

9. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Kaylyne, are you thinking of Conundrum (Frame by Frame)? If so that was a fierce fight scene at the end. I'm trying to think of other movies where she got physical. In Murder Live she got knocked around a lot, After Midnight had a lot of stuff too (trust me when I say hobbling around on crutches is NOT easy!), Species, what else is there?

Speaking of CB, too, it's funny cause I was watching her A&E Biography over at MaMa and I had to laugh a little bit when she and Dana Delany were talking about their one fight scene when Dana was supposed to catch her gently in the jaw and she ended up coldcocking Marg. :lol: I love how she apparently just shook it off and kept going. :adore:

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

^ yeah, Frame by Frame. That's it! And I always giggle at hearing about Dana's 'knockout punch'.

It was a bright Marg morning today with the Early Show & The View appearances. Loved her hair, as well as the dress on The View. And her laugh...nothing brightens up her Margness more than the laugh!

Both interviews mentioned 10 seasons of CSI, Laurence Fishburne, and the upcoming Revlon walk for breast cancer. The Early Show also mentioned the possible romance with Vartann. When asked if that was going to continue, she replied "knowing CSI as well as I do... probably not, but I could be wrong!"

11. ladyhunter

I didn't see The View this morning. Caught The Early Show interview.

I wrote down (what? like you guys didn't think I would? :lol: :rolleyes:) what she said. I also posted it on Margamania. ;) what she said about Vartann.
    Marg also mentioned that Alex Carter was cool. :thumbsup:

Early Show: "Is this going to be a full-blown love affair with Det. Vartann?"

Marg: "If I know CSI like I do, NO. But I could be wrong." *then she laughs* ;)
    "We do things in a subtle way."

That's what I go from it. ;)

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I like that the Early Show at least mentioned the Vartann thing. There was nothing on The View about that.

For those wanting to watch, (until Erica wakes up and gets them on MaMa! ;) ) I've got links at my LJ.

13. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

It's a shame it's not Monday, cause we could have called today Margalicious Monday!

Just watched both interviews and she is absolutely adorable. <3 What's not to love? I was about the claw my ears out though listening to the View. Goodness gracious they annoy me! Loved her reactions to the RH pics and her outfits. RAWR!

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I hate the set-up for The View. It seems like a tennis match with the guest's head going from side to side to talk with all of the ladies. But her dress was so adorable. and the hair.

Speaking of the hair -
    her hair in tonight's episode was rockin'! That is, in the very little screen time she actually had.

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LMAO. I actually had just gone to bed when you posted that. Talk about bad timing! :lol:

Thank you so much, K! <3

Btw I love that they called her Marvelous Marg on the Early Show. Initial: MaMa. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.