LV - Nominations/Awards or Not Discussion

Re: CSI: LV - No Award Nominations Discussion

sarahvma said:
*shrug* I think Grey's is on a hot streak that's ending fast.

We'll see where they are in their seventh year.

I don't ever see that happening.

I'd like to know what the margin was, how many more voted for Gray's than CSI.

Okay, if season six is what was being considered for the award, why did they show a scene concerning the MCSK, which is season 7?

I was pretty disappointed about the award to GA, but like someone else said, once you saw the cast of GA in the front row, you knew that they had already won :(.

After that, I changed the channel to Spike and realized that Grave Danger was on! I thought that was pretty cool! :D

But anyway...CONGRATS TO GARY DOURDAN again for his NAACP Image Award nomination! Let's hope that he wins it again! :)

From another Thread

DetectiveCurtis said: OMG! Last night I couldn't believe Gray's Annatimy won the people's choice. Personaly I think it belonged to CSI, but all of the CSI fans think this way.
All Gray's shows when I watch is the characters getting ready to 'get it on.' I don't know about you but that's not drama that's good sex that should be put on HBO but again this is my oppion.
Sure CSI's storyline isn't all that great this year but there were many this year that were really good. One example of a good episode would be 'Fannysmackin'. I personaly loved this episode as everyone was on the edge of their seat wondering who was gonna get attacked next. That and seeing K-Fed deck Nick, oh that was priceless.
Another good episode so far is 'Leaving Las Vegas'. It allowed the supporting characters, Nick, Warrick, Greg, Sara, Hodges and Catherine to say good bye to their teacher. I love the hug between Billy and George. Nicky thought that he was leaving for ever but Billy said that he'll be back in 4 weeks.
These two episodes are good reasons why we should of picked up the votes to show how much we love them. The lil' murders are very intersting as there is another one waiting for Grissom on his desk.
CSI_Ali said: Well, if you ask me, Grey's Anatomy isn't a great show. I enjoy it at times, but it's more about over-the-top soapy relationship storylines as opposed to good drama with unique and interesting characters. A show set in a hospital should never focus more on who's hooking up with who as opposed to actual medical mysteries/treatments etc. Sometimes it just feels like an afterthought that they work in a hospital. Really, it's a completely different style to the CSI programming.

Grey's probably won because there's a big buzz about it at the moment. Everywhere on TV is talking about Patrick Dempsey and making everything into a 'Mc'-isms. Buzzes go in fits and starts, eventually it will wear off and go on to something else, and that's when you see if a show can pass the test of time.

I'm not saying shows shouldn't have relationships because it's a very important factor, but you need to have a great balance between it, good characters and what the show is actually about in the forefront (I.E. the forensics). If you want to just do flat out relationship drama, create something like Desperate Housewives. I'd much rather take Gregory House and Gil Grissom over Mc. Steamy, and CSI/House over Grey's any day of the week.

But that's just my opinion, no offence to anybody here who likes it. :)
brass_lives said:
CSI_Ali said: I'd much rather take Gregory House and Gil Grissom over Mc. Steamy, and CSI/House over Grey's any day of the week.
Hear, hear. I agree with your entire post, really. Still, I was disappointed that CSI didn't win. I believe it's the better show by a long shot, especially this season. It's disappointing to see buzz win out over good storytelling. I hope next season sees CSI's return to the top slot and back as the winner of this award.

RANT :mad:.. supposed we all know, that NO CSI's were there nor won.. but did you all, also notice that other "TOP" shows and their cast members were also absent :eek: like "WAT" and "Cold Case' and "Criminal Minds" and "Medium" and "The Closer" and "Close To Home", these shows are all in the top 20 every week, and not one was nominated for anything, I'm one of the people and so are all of you, so doesn't look like OUR voted counted for diddly...I was so P.....off, starting with Robin Williams, another person who never knows when to shut-up, and Jennifer Aninston :confused: ..although Halle Berry looked sensational.. and even Queen Latifah, got on my nerves, and I've always liked her.. the only one that won who truly deserved it, (not talking about musical guest) was Johnny Depp, he was amazing in 'Pirates" a long boring awful show, the worst awards show that I can ever remember!!!! DONE :(

i seemed to me that only winners or presenters were there. or people who make any attempt at a public appearance :lol: i think they notify winners well in advance, since most voting has been closed for weeks.
youd think its the award show that means the most, because the fans choose and all, but its actually the worst excecuted program. thankfully best tv drama was less than 30 minutes in so i didnt have to waste the whole night on it :lol:

Wow, just looking at the SAG award nominees, and looks like CSI got dissed.

Outstanding Performance By An Ensemble In A Drama Series
Boston Legal
Deadwood
Grey's Anatomy
The Sopranos

24? Bostong Legal? Deadwood? Where did these all come from? I mean, Grey's and CSI are the biggest competitors on television right now, and Grey's gets a nom but CSI doesn't? This raises red flags for me. Will Grey's Anatomy be CSI's ultimate downfall?

I don't think so, Grey's just has an unbelievable buzz around it at the moment. Like I said before, it'll wear off soon enough, and that's when you see how good/loved a program really is; whether or not it stands the test of time. I'm not worried. :cool:

Back