LV - Nominations/Awards or Not Discussion

Re: CSI: LV - No Award Nominations Discussion

Destiny said:
Golden Globes, The Hollywood Foreign Press Association was founded more than 60 years ago by a group of Los Angeles-based journalists working for overseas publications.

Thank's Destiny I guess I knew this.. I just can't believe that if these "judges" watched all the episodes, couldn't come up with saying "wow, these were intense, and awesome and the acting was superb" I think S/7, is excellent, better than S/6.. so I should be a judge :lol:it's a big disapointment.. that nothing nor no one was nominated.. :(

I wish there was an award for the sexiest ensomble cast!! Or most random infomation learned from a TV show.

I was just reading the TV Guide online entertainment news blog and saw the following:

The Screen Actors Guild award nominations were announced this morning, and NONE of the CSI series or their actors were nominated. The SAG awards will be shown on Sunday, January 28, on both TBS and TNT cable networks.

Also, the Producers Guild Awards were announced yesterday, and... you guessed it. NONE of the CSI series or their actors were nominated. One bit of good news: Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television will be going to Jerry Bruckheimer. The PGA (these awards, not the golf organization) dinner will be January 20, but not sure when it will be shown.

Actually they were Nominated for the PCA (Peoples Choice Awards) That is on Tonight (9pm est) or in my case Right now. They are under the catagory " Favorite TV Drama" Here are the Nominees of that catagory.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Grey’s Anatomy
House

Actually I won't be double posting, The favorite Tv Drama went to: Grey's Anatomy.

I knew when I saw all of the Grey's Anatomy cast in the front seats at the theater that they had won the People's Choice award for Best TV Drama, so I stopped my VCR. I didn't see any of the CSI cast so it was a done deal.

I, like all of you, believe that CSI is a far superior show, but I guess the general television viewers like voting for newer shows. It was very disappointing.

I know what you mean thing is alot of the catagories are not actually a surprise it was rumored that the winners are notified in advanced (hence the seating arrangement), I watched long enough to see who won the catagory, and to see Emily Procter of Miami (Calleigh) present.

None of the actors from LV were presenters, to be honest I think when Queen L. Made a fuss over Grey's "McDreamy" (I have yet to find him remotely cute but to each their own) along with as said the "Seating" who the winners were but I so Hoped I was wrong lol.

To bad I voted every day for CSI but you know what in the end I guess its true an award as wonderful as they are fans are the best because we never really let a show die, we watch the new, the repeats, the DVD's, purchase the merchandise, ect. We follow the actors careers and we honor them in fanfics, art, ect.

So while PCA, Sag, Emmy's, ect. won't give them an award then We will and how will we do that, By doing what we have been doing all along, with the best thoughts and devotion. So Congradulations CSI LV you have won the best award around the FAA (Fan Appreciation Award).

Yeah, I kinda had a feeling that Grey's had the award clinched, but my little fan heart still had the slightest bit of hope. Well, I still have the comfort knowing that CSI is the better show, and it shows with the fan base and the ratings. I mean, okay, so we don't beat Grey's, but how many other shows do we beat? And our fan base is much better, more loyal I would say. This is coming from a Grey's fan too lol. I watch Grey's as well as CSI, but Grey's is the one I'm always taping.

I also give my congrats to the cast for the FAA, I support it 100% and I think that it is the most important award out there :D Congrats cast of CSI LV, *salutes*

Meh - Season 6 was a slow year and Grey's Season 2 really was good.

I'm not trying to "betray" my fandom here, but I think they deserved it.

This year? No way. Grey's has become laughable and CSI is (or was) back on track.

It's unfair, but they have won in the past.

I watched GA. Well download it really. But I've stopped watching because it's become insane. I know people love it, but I just can't take it anymore. Sex really does sell.

I would have been okay if it went to House because that show is brilliant.

But oh well, I guess what really means the most is that the fans love the show (even if we want to slap writers sometimes)

*shrug* I think Grey's is on a hot streak that's ending fast.

We'll see where they are in their seventh year.

Destiny said:
I know what you mean thing is alot of the catagories are not actually a surprise it was rumored that the winners are notified in advanced (hence the seating arrangement), I watched long enough to see who won the catagory, and to see Emily Procter of Miami (Calleigh) present.

None of the actors from LV were presenters, to be honest I think when Queen L. Made a fuss over Grey's "McDreamy" (I have yet to find him remotely cute but to each their own) along with as said the "Seating" who the winners were but I so Hoped I was wrong lol.

To bad I voted every day for CSI but you know what in the end I guess its true an award as wonderful as they are fans are the best because we never really let a show die, we watch the new, the repeats, the DVD's, purchase the merchandise, ect. We follow the actors careers and we honor them in fanfics, art, ect.

So while PCA, Sag, Emmy's, ect. won't give them an award then We will and how will we do that, By doing what we have been doing all along, with the best thoughts and devotion. So Congradulations CSI LV you have won the best award around the FAA (Fan Appreciation Award).

Well, that does it for me.. I've been waiting to watch this.. it's on in an hour.. so guess I won't :(and I as well don't find what's his face (McDreamy) remotely cute, I guess he's OK, but our guys are so much cuter!!!and such better actors-- :p :(.. once again we got screwed , I just don't get it, our cast and our stories are so far superior,,:( damn :mad:thank's for the heads up!!!!

I find it odd that an award show would only be 1 hour long.

To focus on the bright spot for a moment, CSI did get season-high ratings this past week.

And while I'm sure Grey's will do well on Thursday also, *how* well might be interesting.

WOW Destiny, I guess I don't have to watch the awards show now
but I agree we, the fans do honor the show in our own way
like with the fan art, the fan fiction, we follow their careers

and desertwind said it best when she said 'our guys are much cuter'

just find it interesting............

Back