LV - Nominations/Awards or Not Discussion

Re: CSI: LV - No Award Nominations Discussion

and its sad too, cuz CSI was the pioneer of procedural dramas and now everybodys coming out with them and everyones just getting tired of it altogether. But I love the show so much~! :)

Alrighty what I don't understand is for the People's Choice Awards, CSI was nominated for Best TV Drama & its competition was Desperate Housewives but tonight at the Golden Globes DH was nominated in the Comedy Series Category ... I don't get it :rolleyes:
Well thats the problem that some people are having since they were first nominated, DH is not set in one catagory and it ticks people off, one explaination given was they were both making them a dramedy (half comedy/half Drama), but since they don't have a catagory for that they fit them in to one or the other.

Now there are alot of shows that would fit into something like that, take "Monk" its a drama, but its funny as heck so it could be a comedy (which personally i think would take it over DH everytime).

Basically i think that the awards shows get their noms and then say well where the heck do we place them? okay this time we will put them in comedy, and then the next year or awards show Drama, its based also on what they submit for review, did they sumbit a comical moment or a dramatic moment.

now i am not saying its fair but different shows, different rules/thoughts, but here is another thing they can nominate a show in a drama but nominate a cast member in a comedy catagory, which allows them to dominate.

Also take this into consideration, by doing this they are causing alot of uproar over it, making it alot talked about, and in the same instance giving the awards and the show nominated.

Talking about shows, it didn't surprise me when CSI wasn't nominated for certain awards because of the fact that they did the same for law and order back when they were constantly nominated for either "Show" or "Actors" then suddenly nothing, and since then nothing, though SVU does get nods, but the orginial stopped in season 12 and look how long it took them to get SVU on the ballot, and yet its usually only Mariska, not the show itself.

So when it came to CSI, if you noticed that the only Noms that were gotten were either the "Show", "William or Marg" the rest are considered supporting casts, and WP and MH are considered Leads when it comes to the show.
So when GE wasn't nominated for his role in GD i wasn't surprised at all.

Now again none of this is fair, all shows are on the air, and all shows should get a fair shot at the awards, make it so that not more then one actor can be nominated in one catagory (ie four DH actresses in one catagory).
Now i thought it fair if say for example CSI won PCA this year then next year maybe keep it to the actor but not the show, which opens the slot for another show to be put in, if they didn't win, allow them to continue to be nominated till they do win, or for a certain amount of time. take a break and try again. Same for actor catagories.

I don't care for when a show is nominated and then like DH four of its cast members are if they so choose they can put the show in one catagory say drama, nominate 2 actresses for drama and two for comedy, dominating all three catagories. Is that fair? no, but apparently that doesn't mean much.

I have more thoughts on this but i think this is long enough lol.

Speaking of Golden Globe Awards, I was giddy to see on the news that Mary Louise Parker-who I love-got the award for actress in a comedy series and beat out the DH gang! Heheeh me like to see the underdog get the nod.

Don't agree with whoever said CSI is getting stale. I think it has gotten BETTER this season.

I was also glad to see that S. Epatha Parkison? from Law and Order getting a golden globe. I'm not sure if it was for Law and Order or for something else she was in. Great anyways.

I'm not giving up hope for CSI, I think it will get something soon enough.

people dont appreciate talent

people dont appreciate talent

Idon't think that it's that people don't appreciate talent...it's just that, when they see it, they don't make the connection between the talent and the show. For example, when they see someone they don't really recognise from CSI, they'll say, "Oh, this person's talented...now what show're they from?" and just kind of walk off... like say....if they see RBH (Robert David Hall), they might not necessarilyautomatically think "CSI"...like if you're my step-mother...she's a nurse,and recognises him more as a, and i quote, " famous amputee who plays a coroner on....shoot..." and then i have to remind her that it's CSI. But people not nominating it when it's a shoo-in for Drama, Crime Drama, Best Actor(s), and Best Series, it's a shame, and, in my opinion, senseless. There. I'm done my rant.

Bumping...how come CSI was passed over this year too by the GG's? I can't recall about the emmys but I think for them too. You'd think something like BTK or Fannysmackin' would have a chance at least even though some say the last couple seasons haven't been as strong.

I think it was because, aside from a handful of fantastic episodes, Season 6 was just plain boring.

I think that if 7 continues the way it's going, however, they might finally be off that track.

But Season 5 was a mess and 6 was boring, so I think, for the moment, they've lost favor with the Gods as it were.

I think CSI blew it last season with real lacklustre episodes. After Daddy's Little Girl, I totally lost faith in the writers and have yet to get it back.

The fact is the other shows simply are more character driven as opposed to CSI's mantra of being about the science. The science. The science. Well sorry, science doesn't always garner the awards.

I'm so ticked off. I just watched ET, and the the GG nominations.. and I swear who are these people that select the nominees? that Marg wasn't nominated for her "BTK 2" role is really asinine or Eric IN "Fannysmakin'" :eek:.. are these people blind??? both were extrodinary and fantastic in their roles. riveting :eek: just like they overlooked George for his powerful acting in "Grave Danger" are these judges "nuckin' futs" .. they would choose a "DH" star over Marg..crazy, and so unfair.. it's like they go "well, CSI is #1, so we'll just over look them" ~~~~~SCREAMS~~~~~ :mad:

I think the nominations are based on the season preceeding, rather than midway through the season we're curently in... but I'm not sure. I just don't like award shows, generally. In the past, when I was younger, I got more into it, but most of it is a popularity contest, and about stroking egos. So, there ya have it.

Most likely if you're not best friends with the judges and the company that makes the show isn't paying the right people off, there is no way that the CSI actors or the show itself will receive any GG nominations. After all, I've seen some of the nominations when they were announced here in Australia, and there is a blantant lack of talent in some areas. It's not about what you do or how good you are, it's about who you are.

I'm not surprise CSI wasn't nominated. :rolleyes: Was CSI snubbed? Not according to Entertainment Tonight.
After Seven seasons, I got bored with the show. :eek:

Many die-hard fans have said it gradually started going downward during S4.

And just because one character shined in one ep, it doesn't mean they should be nominated. Isn't it based on the whole season? :rolleyes:

That's my two-cent. :D

---------------------
grissomgrissom_banner.jpg

Golden Globes, The Hollywood Foreign Press Association was founded more than 60 years ago by a group of Los Angeles-based journalists working for overseas publications.

myfuturecsi said:
Don't agree with whoever said CSI is getting stale. I think it has gotten BETTER this season.

I agree with you on that. I wish it was as simple as the best show for the season wins, but it never is. People are always influenced by which show has the most buzz or the most eye catching storylines or some other factor.

If CSI keeps on track the rest of the season, they should receive nominations next year. Of course, I've heard a lot of 'CSI is over' kind of talk, so who knows how that will influence the voters. People buy into comments like that if they are repeated often enough.

Well, I AM surprised it wasn't nominated. I wasn't surprised when they got "only" a crappy best cinematography award for season 6 because that wasn't because of TPTB, but the design. Season 6 was very bad and boring comparing it to the previous seasons.
Season 7 has been awesome so far. I liked each episode, but to be honest they make it a bit more "criminal" than they used to, for example Catherine's and Greg's issue...

Back