LV - Nominations/Awards or Not Discussion

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
I decided to put this up because why have a thread in which the show isn't nominated in forum that it doesn't pertain to. So i figured that this thread could deal with alot of the awards out there.

How many threads do we make that say something like this show wasn't nominated for "Award name", Hopefully this will keep it narrowed a bit down so that we don't have to bounce, but so that we have one thread to discuss this topic.

Why have that topic here with the nominations if it doesn't pertain to the forum? If they are nominated then it would pertain.

Let us remember even though our favorite show may not have been nominated for a certain award, "WE" know how good the show is, and "WE" applaud them and give Kudos for all the hard work and "WE" give them Thanks for all they have given to us from the moment they started to current.

Now in saying all that, let me remind people this is Strictly a discussion for LV. Also this thread is in reguards to any award that the show is "NOT" nominated for.

Re: CSI: LV - No Award Nominations Discussion

I have to double post this because the first post was more for describing why this thread is here.

If you are looking for the SAG Award Nominations discussion, its now located in the "Media" Forum (follow the link).

Since CSI:LV was not nominated it figured that it really didn't belong in here. So if you want to make your complaints (as you would in that thread) in here that is fine.

I just want to remind people that this also goes for alot of awards not just SAG (Screen Actors Guild). If they were nominated we would have a thread separate from this one.

Sadly, industry awards don't always have much to do with the quality or significance of a show, actor, album, musical artist, athlete, etc.

How long did it take for Jimi Hendrix to get his first Grammy? Oh, wait...the guitarist who changed the face of rock guitar forever never GOT a Grammy. (And...Jethro Tull over Metallica for Best Heavy Metal Artist that one year? Who could forget... :lol: )

Legitimacy always trumps hype.

--Robin

I mentioned something similar in the other thread but i thought i would reiterate it here.

Should shows/actor/actress who has been nominated multiple times and say wins fineally, be nominated the following year?

Now my answer would be no, there are times when so many shows such as "Desperate Housewives", "Everybody Loves Raymond", "24", Etc. who get nominated and win time after time, leaving out other good shows, who deserve the chance.

But part of the problem is that alot of those shows usually never see a nod. For instance CSI was nominated for SAG 4 times straight, but only won last year.

But in my opinion sad as it is, it does give other shows a chance to show off what they can do. While i love CSI i also happen to love several other shows to, one or two were nominated and several that were not.

In reguards to LV i still stand by my opinion that while awards are a major kudos to the stars, the best award a star can get is the fans appreciation, we stand behind them, encourage them and even on the worst of eps find that one part that allows us to say, dang good job.

I know they were nominated for the People's Choice award (Where the fans vote, There is a separate thread for that award on this forum). So even if our voices can not be heard, one way, we darn sure make them heard in others.

Great points Korb and Destiny.

Someone once said to me that awards are great ego strokers, but the fact is, the CSI actors are working steadily and doing something they love and are starring in a top-rated show every week-there are probably lots of performers out there who would love to get a chance like that.

I think CSI-LV will get its just desserts, this isn't the year for it.

I don't really watch awards shows anyways, but I may watch the Oscars just to see John Stewart as the Host. ;)

Great points Korb and Destiny.

Someone once said to me that awards are great ego strokers, but the fact is, the CSI actors are working steadily and doing something they love and are starring in a top-rated show every week-there are probably lots of performers out there who would love to get a chance like that.

I think CSI-LV will get its just desserts, this isn't the year for it.

I don't really watch awards shows anyways, but I may watch the Oscars just to see John Stewart as the Host. ;)
Besides who actually remembers the award winners a year later? I only watch most awards shows for the IN MEMORIUM parts.

Kasey

I don't watch all those awards shows. Pah! They're all just excuses to get some dude up on a stage to call someone pretty up to stammer about how thankful they are to get a trophy.
Desperate Housewives? That's not a good show. Eugh.
As my signiature says on another forum:
Sure, Desperate Housewives is a better show than CSI. That's why there are 287 CSI fics and 6 DH fics on AFF.net.
That's the problem with DH; it's all right in your face. It doesn't allow for speculation or conflict; if the characters are doing the deed, they tell you, and that's the truth and you can't argue that. But on CSI, they let us mess around and imagine what's happening when the CSIs aren't working. Not to mention, when someone dies on CSI, we figure out who did it. On CSI, they don't milk the situation for all it's worth until, by the time you see who it is, you don't give a flying rat's patootie anymore. And then there's all the weird stuff that can happen on CSI: people dressing up in animal suits and humping each other, grown men acting like babies, death by chocolate... Now see, isn't that so much more interesting than "Oh! My! like, Gawd! Betty is SOOO like, cheating on John! Ohmigawd!" That's the definition of a good show: it's got a good capacity for imagination, both in the show and for the viewers, and it's dynamic enough that it doesn't become a chore to watch it.
So as Warrick said in "Strip Strangler..."
"Yeah, well, that's okay. At the end of the day, we know what time it is."

PWNED!!

^^^What is PWNED? Me Confused.

I live in a suburban town and frankly, if I want to see Desperate Housewives, I'll just go out my front door and watch my wacky neighbours!

Oh and I was wrong, I do watch award shows..the music ones..but I watch to see the performances by the bands..so I'll sit there and go, 'Okay..so and so got their award..now let's get to the good stuff.'

And I've noticed that Desperate Housewives hasn't done well in the ratings. Sometimes I wonder if the awards' people are just going.."Oh let's show everyone we are so independant that we don't care about ratings?"

Me thinks they're wrong.

Time for this to come up, since the GGA have aired and SAG is next up.

i know... you would think having the most watched show... would mean that it must be good... i mean why would like 25-30 million ppl watch a show that isn't good? even with all the buzz and publicity going for the desperate housewives... we still have more people watching csi... and for them getting four nods for actress in comedy... well... i guess since there's no more friends or sex in the city... but still... four chances to win for their show... and they still lost...
csi deserves some recognition for the fact that well, they don't get all that publicity... ppl on the show aren't in those gossip magazines... they're not always on talk shows... and yadda yadda yadda... and they still manage to make a top rate show that is watched by so many people...
hopefully next year, george eads will get a nod... cause i thought that he has had some chances to express himself more and to explore his character more...

I was very angry about CSI not getting any nomination this year, until I finally understood that who really makes feel the actors/shows as winners, is the audience. Shows like DH (I still dont know whats cool about that show??!!!) receive nominations and awards from the critics and stuff, but at the end the people that really keep your show on tv are the fans. You can won awards but if the people dont watch your show you are out (does Joan of Arcadia bring any bells?)...and ,thats something CSI cant be worried about cos there are millions of people that love the show.

^^^What is PWNED? Me Confused.

It's another way to say "owned".

Alrighty what I don't understand is for the People's Choice Awards, CSI was nominated for Best TV Drama & its competition was Desperate Housewives but tonight at the Golden Globes DH was nominated in the Comedy Series Category ... I don't get it :rolleyes:

i think its horrible, that csi didnt get nominated, they are the number one show in the u.s [i dont know about other countrys]but its not fair

CSI is getting a little stale to be honest. It's still fun to watch, but what new and interesting things is it bringing to TV? Not much. Critics are moving away from the procedural dramas.

Back