Louise/Sofia: A Lady With Attitude Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I know I haven't been online for a while, but I am still busy.

Anyway, thank you for all the lovely pictures MUTTMO ;)

About the lack of screentime for Sofia you mentioned, I had no idea, as I am not getting season 7, but I am pretty sad to know that. I am missing Sofia very much considering I am now watching seasons 2 and 3. The other day I just found myself thinking "Hey, where's Sofia?" Then realized "Oh, duh :p season 2, therefore no Sofia". Good she will be in the next one episode in the USA, though. And, I mean, it's for a good reason, her not being there, as the new show might be keeping her busy :)

Showing her mum in the show would be great. In fact, any kind of personal thing for Sofia would be great. It doesn't have to be a love thing, maybe just some childhood story, something about her past, I don't know, something more about her. Though I have always though her mum was already dead :confused: I don't know, I think I got that impression from one of the 1st episodes (if not the 1st) of season 6, where she tells Grissom she got transfered...I must have confused everyhting...

Grissom says, "Your mother would be proud," (not "would have been proud,") and she replies, "My mother made captain," I suppose that's the scene you're referring to. It could be misunderstood but I'm sure it wasn't meant to imply that her mother is dead, especially since in A Bullet Runs Through It 2, Sofia says, "Maybe I should go talk to my mother, oh no, I forgot, she's a cop, too." That's a pretty good hint she's still alive.

Other than that, she did mention her father taking her around the country to look at historical sites. That's about all we've been given as a back story.

atfm said:
she did mention her father taking her around the country to look at historical sites. That's about all we've been given as a back story.
Well, we did have that rather disturbing (well, from a femslashers pint of view) image of her and that collage boyfriend with the Harley :(.

Although, Harley, not bad tast Sofia.

^^Yeah, when I read your posts I figured I had misunderstood everything. Thank you clearing that up for me. Still, I think the translation also made me think of it in another way, in particular "My mother made captain". That was made me think she was dead. I missed that line from "A Bullet Runs Trough It 2" apparently.

Yeah, we also know that from what she used to do with her father...And that's all I can remember, yeah...And it's not enough. I am here waiting for something more about her.

Oh yes, translations and dubbing can definitely do a lot of damage. I often watch the German episodes and go, "Dude, that does NOT capture what they said in English!" A lot of the jokes and puns get lost, too.

88Blackbirds said:
Well, we did have that rather disturbing (well, from a femslashers pint of view) image of her and that collage boyfriend with the Harley :(.

I totally buried that deep, deep inside my memory. :lol:

I wonder where Dad is? Is he still with mom? Is he in law enforcement? That would be interesting to know.

I ran into a copy of Esther today. Picked it up for 8.50 Australian. Can't wait to watch it :D Louise looks beautiful on the cover, and in the caps that were made.

Question: Did Sofia meet Lady Heather? Cause hello - that could have been pretty funny :D

CSI_Dani - Nice to see you back for the Sofia love :D

From TGTB&TD: (FINALLY Sofia's back!)
723tgtbtd0028-1.jpg

723tgtbtd0117.jpg

wow you managed to capture all 30 seconds of her. I'm upset I feel like they're just filling contract and NOT utilizing her like they should. OK I'll go to work now and stop complaining.

Well, that wasn't really a lot of Sofia in this week's episode...where the hell was the scene that was described on CSI Files?

Sophia goes to Diane’s Steakhouse. The first person she sees is Jeffrey Lanier, whom she recognizes from his drivers license photo. Lanier is the Maitre D’. Sophia shows him a picture of Moroney and he remembers her from the night before. He says her date stood her up and he remembers thinking the guy was an idiot. Moroney hung out for about an hour. She was really nice. She gave him a hug after he called a cab from Friendly Cabs for her, just after 10:00 p.m. Sophia tips him off that next time strange girls hug him, he might want to check his pockets.

Did I miss something or did they rob us of that scene?

Yeah, completely agree with you in the translations thing, atfm...Sometimes their lines just lost their sense :rolleyes: And I am not even really good in english, but there are things that even I can understand that should be better translated. *remembers about 'GSR'* I hate when they translate it to 'GSR', because it doesn't make sense in portuguese. At least, it would have to be 'RDP' or soemthing :lol: (completely OT, sorry :p)

Thank you, Drumchik, it's nice to be back, I'll try to stop by more often...Sometimes I just run out of subject. And sadly, we all seem to, at least about CSI, as she isn't getting that much time :( Like 30 seconds? I can't even tell if they were good or important or not, as I haven't seen the episode (which also makes me having even less to be on topic). Though, the pictures look good ;)

atfm said:
Did I miss something or did they rob us of that scene?
Well, I don't remember that scene in the show. On the Early Show this morning, they mentioned how the original script for this episode was changed. They originally had it ending with Heather still not filled with much will to live. WP didn't like that scenario, so they changed it to a more positive ending. I'm thinking this change might have necessitated one of Sofia's scenes to be deleted to make room for the final scene maybe?

It was nice to see Sofia again - even if it was for a very short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back