Louise/Sofia: A Lady With Attitude Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drumchik said:
Woohoo! This looks great! A new thread, lovely Louise...it's all good :)

As for the interview - I have no idea how to get it off the DVD and onto the computer. [/quote

it depends
do you have a tv tuner on your pc?
and are you running windows?

open the file by the drive letter and drag the video_ts file to your desk top. media player should open it. you can then edit it with movie maker and upload to you tube.
as long as its not super copy protected it will work.

According to the IMDB, Judy's got a gun is currently filming, so I'm guessing that's where Louise is at the moment. I would wager that she probably wouldn't be in anything for the rest of the season, unless maybe just a brief scene to clear up why she's been noticeably absent lately.

*stomps foot* I want my Louise on air! :D

I love the pic of Sofia and her toothpick - I hope she has a toothpick in Judy's Got a Gun

Yeah, I was thinking it had something to do with JGAG, too. But HMPF! She should be at least in the finale. If they don't give us that, I'll be very mad.

LOL, I kind of doubt she'll have the toothpick as Judy. Would be cool, though. ;)

We should all campaign for the toothpick, the swagger and the attitude to become Louise Lombard trademarks ;)

But that wouldn't really fit in with her British accent. She'd have to keep her "Sofia" accent, and that would probably be tiresome for her.

Yeah, I'd say "American" accent too. It depends on the setting for the show - New York? LA? smaller town USA? I don't think there are any other cast members that are British either. Then there's the old stereotype - how much of America would tune in to watch a show where the lead female is British? Hugh Laurie is going against the stereotype, but I don't see it having much success for a female, unfortunately. Plus, how many people who have only seen Louise on CSI, actually know she's British? You put her on another American show in a British accent, and people are going to go "Huh?".

Very good point. I agree that people would be confused. Even if they hadn't seen her in CSI, they'd wonder why there's a police officer with a British accent.

I didn't even know Hugh Laurie was British...he *does* look British, now that I think about it.

So, was there no Sofia in Leapin' Lizards?

As for what accent she’ll use in the show, I’d say it would be an American accent. Although I’m pretty sure in most places foreign bourn people can be police officers (as long as you get naturalised) I really don’t think they would have the lead character of any show be from another country then the one the show is set in. Hugh Laurie’s a good example of why, I mean there’s really no reason why he’s character needs to be American. I’m pretty sure it’s something to do with the target audience’s ability to relate to the character.

So, yeah, I don’t think she’ll be British :(.

Plus, how many people who have only seen Louise on CSI, actually know she's British? You put her on another American show in a British accent, and people are going to go "Huh?"
*waves hand* Me! Me! I know that!

I haven't seen Leapin' Lizards yet, but I'm very dissapointed to learn she isn't in it :(

No Sofia in Leapin' Lizards? :( What a pity.

But hey, maybe she'll be in the next one.

That being said, who wants Sofia to meet Lady Heather? I think that would be hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back