LOST # 2 ~ 'We Don't Wanna Be Rescued!'

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Apr 10, 2006.

1. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Tonight was the first time I heard the phrase "loophole" on the show.

I have so many thoughts about the show but I can't put them into words right now....but I can say that the actor who was playing Phil is also on Southland.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I hadn't heard loophole before either... or at least, I don't remember hearing it before.

Wow, what an episode. Stupid cliffhangers! And when does the final season start up? Tell me I don't have to wait almost a year for it! :eek:

I think that whoever or whatever is in John is the same person/thing that has been inhabiting Jack's dad, Christian. Jacob and whoever that being is must be the two from the start of the episode, and I'm guessing they're some sort of neverending... godlike somethings? :lol: Yeah, that all made sense, didn't it?

I don't think it's a god vrs the devil thing, but it's something big. I think. ;)

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I knew I knew him from somewhere! :lol: Wow...I hated his character on "Lost"....glad he's gone!

Okay, here we go on the "loophole". It was earlier in the episode and it was between Jacob and the other guy as they sat on the beach.

From Lostpedia:

Jacob's enemy was on the Island with Jacob when a ship appeared on the horizon. The man approached Jacob, who was sitting on the beach near the base of the statue. He claimed Jacob had brought the ship to the Island, saying that this would only end in fighting, destruction and corruption as it always had, a view with which Jacob disagreed. Before walking away, Jacob's enemy claimed that he wanted to kill Jacob and promised he would one day find a "loophole" allowing him to do so.

Then yes, you're right, Baba!

From Lostpedia again:

Inside the chamber, Jacob immediately recognizes the true identity of Locke's impersonator and that he has tricked Ben into coming there. Jacob tells Ben that whatever he has been told, he still has a choice. When Ben asks Jacob about all the times he has been neglected, putting to him the question, "What about me?" Jacob's only reply is, "What about you?" Ben stabs Jacob three times. Jacob whispers to Locke, "They're coming." Locke's impersonator rolls Jacob into the fire pit in the center of the room and Jacob burns.

Here's a link to more about Jacob's enemy and some of the earlier clues that Locke wasn't really Locke. Amazing! I love this show!

ETA: So Libby AND Jacob were both in tonight's episode of CSI (LV)!

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Ahh Libby, yes I knew I recognized her from somewhere. I thought it was funny after seeing LOST last night seeing Jacob on CSI.

So next season, the finale season, should really be interesting. Will everything start over due to the bomb or things do not happen as they thought.

The scene with Juliette and Sawyer trying to save her was so sad. I was really liking them but I knew she was getting killed off. Still made me sad though. :(

5. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I actually had a few tears in my eyes when Juliette was obviously going to die. She and Sawyer were awesome in that scene- I was moved.

6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Well maybe i'm just in denial, but this is LOST, and nobody is dead until we actually see them dead - and even then i'm not convinced.
    Whatever that white light did, Juliet was still alive when it hit, and until I see her dead I won't believe it. (why the hell couldn't it have been Kate that fell in, grrrr)

7. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Right there with you Ceindreah.... Sawyer actually grew up and really cared about someone. Nope refuse to believe Juliet is dead.

8. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

So, I completely loved the finale. It was surprising and shocking and exciting.

The opening scene with Jacob was intriguing. I'm assuming the ship that was headed towards the island was The Black Rock. That would put the scene in the early 1800's. Perhaps Richard was on that ship?

Although I"m not a fan of Sawyer/Juliet, the "death" scene of Juliet was really sad and moving. I felt bad for Sawyer. :(

Richard's name is Ricardos...:wtf: How freakin' old is this guy? I want to know.

Locke's dead! And there's some other dude in his body (presumably the guy from the beginning scene.) What is going on? Why can't Not!John kill Jacob? Why does he need Ben to do it for him? Is it because Ben has motive, or is there some other reason?

I noticed one thing. Jacob gave most of the people he met something--but he touched all of them. Why? What does it mean?

Is Jacob a good guy? At the moment I don't think so, but it's really too early too tell.

I have one theory. I think that whatever (or whomever) is inside Locke's body, is the same spirit as the Smoke Monster.

9. Whit

Whit Prime Suspect

This thread is getting buried! :(

Are we going to have to wait until January again for the final season?

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Yep, sadly it won't be back until January of 2010. :(

11. Whit

Whit Prime Suspect

Why must they do this to us? I don't know how I'm going to handle this show ending :(

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I... uh... so, there's not much going on in this thread anymore, but I thought I'd drop in and say "hey, new LOST fan here". Well, not so much a "fan" as an avid watcher. My sister and my friend are both big fans and they're basically twisting my arm, getting me to watch from the first season onward. I'm about halfway into season 2 and I can still kind of take it or leave it, but I'm leaning towards taking it, so I guess that kind of makes me a fan.

I've read a lot about the upcoming seasons so I'm not gonna be surprised by much (I read most of it before I was ever strong-armed into watching the show), but it's still got potential, I suppose, though I'm kind of ticked off that so many people go "dark side" or get dead in the seasons to come.

Usually my favorite moment in any episode is when James, or "Sawyer", makes his mad face. GOD, I love his mad face. The eyebrows lower into a straight line and you can only see half of his eyes underneath, and they're always positively crackling with savagery and rage. Ooooo, I get tingles just thinking about it!

Does he still do his mad face in season 5? Please tell me he does! Please tell me that they haven't turned him into a fluffy kitty by the end of the most recent season, please!

13. BabaOReilly

Well, he has mellowed a lot, but he still has his fun ornery side and occasional mad face still going. Never fear. :lol:

14. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Seeing as Lost starts up again in 25 days (not that I'm counting :p) I'm trying to revive this thread.

I don't know about you, but I've pulled out the DVD collection and am re-watching as many as possible. I haven't gotten my season 5 DVD's yet, but when I do I'm pretty much going to shut myself in my room and watch the whole thing through :lol:.

Anyone have theories for the upcoming season? I'm pretty stumped except that I think smokie = Not!Lock = MiB (man in black).

Here are a few spoilers I've picked up. I've been surprising lax about getting spoilers this past season.

1) Richard meets Mib and Jacob in his flashback
    2) Jacob and Richard get into a fight involving a "special" knife
    3) The fight occurs during the 1800's

Richard was married but his wife died. His backstory will be explained in a flashback episode (probably 6.08)

Jacob has a child and it's one of the following: Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Juliet, Hurley, Locke, Michael, Bram, Desmond, Caesar, Illana, Ben, Richard, Sayid.

15. BabaOReilly

I don't do spoilers... and I have no idea what's going down this season! :lol: I'm just desperate to see how it all ends, and what all this stuff over the years has meant. I really hope the conclusion is satisfying.

The Space channel here is showing season 5 again right now and I'm planning on catching those whenever I can, just as a refresher. I wonder if they'll have one of those "explanatory bubble" episodes before the new ones start?