Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It would have been hilarious if Danny had answered the door naked while eating ice cream or something like that. :lol: Stella might have gotten mad all over again! :lol:

But I hear you on the stuff like the paintings and t-shirt--they're just window dressing. They don't change the character, so they're inoffensive.

Agreed. What I've always liked about Danny was that he had such a strongly defined character...that was what made him interesting to me. I really don't like that that is being altered and changed to match stuff in Carmine's own back story. The two should be distinct.

Exactly. I loved his back story...now it feels like it's been rewritten.

tiara, you've been asked several times to not call the actor by that silly nickname--please stop!

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The Cessau shirt just seemed kind of fun to me. As others have said, it's just a t-shirt unless you know what it means, so it's no different than if he'd had on a plain colored shirt. I got a kick out of it. :p

The comment about the family of cops bugged me. They could explain it in a way that would satisfy me, I suppose, but I doubt they'll bother - and it feels like they're just throwing away the stuff they've already said about his past because (like other things they've retconned) it's inconvenient for them. Bleh. I want real character development, not stuff that tries to disguise itself as character development.

I guess it's a holdover from my youth. (Meaning several years ago on the board, when he'd wear that fugly plaid fedora and the one that looked like he stole it from Robin Hood, and we'd groan at the horror - *wistful sigh* do any of y'all remember the argyle sock and the tassels and the Girl Scout cookies that we used to talk about? :lol:) I feel so old. :p

Hill looks fierce in Aretha's hat. :p

3. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I think the best thing to do about the 'family of cops' line is for a producer to acknowledge it was a mistake, when they are next interviewed, but to just not mention it again in the show. Just treat it as a goof and move on. They can only make it worse, by trying to make it better. Give viewers time to forget and then have Danny's dad (James Russo please) involved in a storyline. And please, no more Danny the screw-up for the rest of the season, it's not as well written now. I hope this weeks episode doesn't even mention last weeks episode (except for Adam), I don't need continuity for once.

I wonder if this was really the writers fault anyway, or did Carmine mess up his lines and nobody noticed in time. :)

4. csi_fan7

csi_fan7 Hit and Run

Don't need last week's episode either, hardly any Danny lines?

Also has anyone noticed that Danny does not wear glasses anymore?

5. Top41

Thoughts about last night's episode, anyone?

I think Danny was definitely better last night than in that awful blue flu storyline last week, but he doesn't seem to have his old energy. There's something a little tired about him. I did like his scene with the sex therapist--a bit of the old, aggressive, feisty Danny shone through there when he picked up on the fact that she was lying to him.

I did think the scene where he read to the baby was kind of cute. Who but Danny would read the kid a comic book though? :lol:

6. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

lol Indeed. It does take a certain skill to be able to read a comic book to someone who can't look at the pictures. :p

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I thought Danny reading to the baby was adorable. TPTB is obviously showing everything about the baby/relationship in the work place so I had to get past that but once I came to terms with it I was able to watch this episode without that aspect of it phasing me.

I loved that we got glimpses of the "old" Danny. I love it when he is able to joke around with Mac and Flack and look warily at Adam. :)

8. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

The Danny character works best when he's a cop who happens to work in the CSI unit. In his scenes with Flack, they seem like partners, like Starsky and Hutch type tv cops. They obviously can't have Carmine in too many scenes, as it would be unfair to the rest of the cast, so for each DL scream (sorry scene), they have to lose a better quality cop scene.

Carmine has aged a lot in the last two years and to be honest looks lethargic and worn out most of the time. I'd love to see his true reaction when he first reads his scripts, to know if he is really happy with the direction his character is taking. He certainly doesn't have the spark he once had.

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

In this episode it seems like a return to his old self. Funny and honest and natural, and I wasn't bothered by the baby scene, it seemed to me that it was something Danny-like to do. To care for the baby and actually show it. Thought it was sweet.

10. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

What??!! Danny's from a family of cops you say?!! What?!!! :eek:
    What the ruddy hell are the writers up to exactly? Is.Not.Chuffed...:(

11. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hupVlozyRgk&feature=related

If this has been posted already I apologise. Here's a brief little snippet of Carmine describing the CSI:NY game. You get to watch him do a little voice work too.

Check out that scarf he's wearing! Me like.

As for Danny Messer, I am hoping they just forget about that whole family of cops slip-up and pretend it never happend.

His scenes with Adam, Flack, and Hawkes were pretty cute. I especially liked his line to Hawkes(probably because I'm a Danny/Hawkes slasher):"I love you Doc, but there are times when I want to smack you." :)

12. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

To those that don't like MY nickname for Carmine, so what!

I'm surprised that one word in a whole sentence, one word in a whole post can affect people so much. I can see why so many have left since I've been here, that's three years this year. I post every now and then, since NY isn't on here in Aus, there's not much point in me leaving comments, so I only post about Carmine, and what he's up to.

Top - can't say I remember being told several times to stop, I only vaguely remember once where you may have said you didn't like it and could I not do it again, several years ago. Considering I only ocassionally call him that, and that it's my nickname for him, there's been times I've used it, even recently, and no one has said anything. It's not hurting anyone by me calling him that. I'm showing my affection for him in my way. I'm surprised there's a big thing about it now.

Jolein - It's hardly an insult to him, I adore Carmine, and if I want to ocassionally call him Carmie then I will. It's also not disrespectful in any way shape or form. You're the only one that I've seen whinge about it. If you don't like it, tough! Get over yourself.

This thread/forum is for showing our love for the actors we most adore. For me, that's Carmine, that's my nickname for him, and in no way do I disrespect, accuse, insult, or am rude to him. Unlike some of the past sexual innuendos that have gone on that could be seen as insulting, and have gone unnoticed, and unmentioned.

There are many times that posts have pissed me off or annoyed me, and I've been disgusted by some of the crap that goes on between people in the past, but I don't bother with it and move on. If a simple nickname gets you angry then I say that says more about you than anything else.

Get a life people. If someone's nickname for an actor annoys you, get over it. We're all here to shower love and adoration on our favourite actors, so a nickname is hardly an offence to get you knickers in a knot over.

For God's sake people! It's ONLY a nickname!

13. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Wow,thank you for insulting me and saying I should get over it.
    And I do think it is inappropriate to give him a nickname,since you don`t know the guy personally and really it does sound childdish.

Carrie,thanks for the promo:)

14. Top41

tiara, nicknaming someone you don't know isn't appropriate and is frankly juvenile. You want to do it elsewhere, fine. But you're being asked now in no uncertain terms to knock it off here.

As for your attitude towards others who don't like it, telling people to "get a life" and "get over yourself" isn't appropriate. If you post in this manner again, you'll get an official warning.

Let's get back on topic, folks. Thanks.

15. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I have spent this afternoon watching Carmine in Shasta McNasty on YouTube in German......

I don't speak German.....

The thing you do to avoid housework, should have just gone to the pub!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.